Thank you Mr Nik Ahang Kosar

Jun 18, 2005
Nik Ahang Kosar has been drawing some amazing cartoons lately and in particular highlighting Mousavi and Karoubi's ineffectiveness and them being absolute jokes.

I have been visiting Balatarin lately and I must say that it is very encouraging to see the majority of the participants there not pinning their hopes on Mousavi or Karroubi anymore.

Khomeini was a Jakesh and whoever glorifies him is also a Jakesh. I think Iranians are learning from the past and are no longer looking at these dozd akhoonds. That includes you molla Mohsen Kadivar, mardake pofiooz. Who made you the spokesperson for the freedom movement in Iran?

Goole in akhoond ha ro nakhorid. Can not we just have a country where you could hold a girl's hand in public, wear whatever you want, drink, have a decent chance of finding a job, vote for whomever you please, express yourself freely, and be proud of your heritage?

It is good to see people finally waking up. Thank your Mr Nik Ahang Kosar and carry on!

MohammadLin

Bench Warmer
Aug 9, 2004
khob, khodara shokr ke people woke up! eagerly waiting to see what the awakened people gonna do, and what are their plans ...

Jun 18, 2005
khob, khodara shokr ke people woke up! eagerly waiting to see what the awakened people gonna do, and what are their plans ...
Thank you for the sarcasm. What do you suggest should happen? People to follow in the footsteps of Mousavi and Karroubi and other Khomeini lovers to seek justice and peace for all? Like we did not hear that one before.

MohammadLin

Bench Warmer
Aug 9, 2004
I think that question has been numerously discussed in other threads, good question related to your thread howeva is, now that 'people' are awaken or are being awaken by Nik ahang(!!!) what is it that these awaken people wanna do or what's they roadmap, you can think of it as sarcasm, but I am genuinely curious! I truly, I am pretty sure, Mousavi would be too.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
MohammadLin Aziz
I know you are one of the very few members here who has been an advocate of reform and since I remember was behind guys like Khatami and ... even when many of us, including myself, abounded Khatami gang after the incidents of Koye Daneshgah and ... For that I respect you and what you stand for.

All that being said, don't you think Kadivar made a big mistake in his interview or do you agree with what he said.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Nik Ahang Kosar has been drawing some amazing cartoons lately and in particular highlighting Mousavi and Karoubi's ineffectiveness and them being absolute jokes.

I have been visiting Balatarin lately and I must say that it is very encouraging to see the majority of the participants there not pinning their hopes on Mousavi or Karroubi anymore.

Khomeini was a Jakesh and whoever glorifies him is also a Jakesh. I think Iranians are learning from the past and are no longer looking at these dozd akhoonds. That includes you molla Mohsen Kadivar, mardake pofiooz. Who made you the spokesperson for the freedom movement in Iran?

Goole in akhoond ha ro nakhorid. Can not we just have a country where you could hold a girl's hand in public, wear whatever you want, drink, have a decent chance of finding a job, vote for whomever you please, express yourself freely, and be proud of your heritage?

It is good to see people finally waking up. Thank your Mr Nik Ahang Kosar and carry on!
FI Aziz

What happened to you ? You used to be very moderate ( If I remember correctly).

MohammadLin

Bench Warmer
Aug 9, 2004
All that being said, don't you think Kadivar made a big mistake in his interview or do you agree with what he said.

shahin jan, I think he fcku up, for sure, he seems to suffer from the same problem that many of us iranian do to, i.e. to tend to think of our fantasies as reality, his fantasy is that people shouted "ham ghaze ..." and he thinks that's reality, what he should do instead is to explain why people chanted "na ghaze .." which is not very complicated to explain! i still wouldn't throw him off the fence, we gotta use every bit of our power towards our goal ...

Jun 18, 2005
FI Aziz

What happened to you ? You used to be very moderate ( If I remember correctly).
The same thing that happened to the majority of other people who want freedom in Iran. I could no longer ignore Mousavi and Karroubi's fucked up message that regime change is not the goal.

I am not interested in taking sides in this fight btw governing fractions. All these idiots need to be thrown out. I do not blame them for making a saint out of that goh khomeini. All they have is because of him. Otherwise they would be absolutely nothing.

Karroubi was up to something but ever since he started having these meetings with Mousavi, he changed.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
shahin jan, I think he fcku up, for sure, he seems to suffer from the same problem that many of us iranian do to, i.e. to tend to think of our fantasies as reality, his fantasy is that people shouted "ham ghaze ..." and he thinks that's reality, what he should do instead is to explain why people chanted "na ghaze .." which is not very complicated to explain! i still wouldn't throw him off the fence, we gotta use every bit of our power towards our goal ...
LOOOL I love this part of your post. This is so true about us Iranians. We always think that our fantasies are reality for some reason. And I think if we want to find out what this disease is we should check the brains of people with extreme form of this condition. One would be AN.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
After NikAhang Kowsar for the tenth times showed his unfounded hate toward Mousavi/Khatami (in his 300th declaration Cartoon of a battered Mousavi when even the most left praised it) and indirectly hate/insult toward Green Movement and he showed again and again when it comes to the Green Movement there is realy no difference between NikAhang Kowsar and Hossein Sharatmadi of Kayhan.
Anyway, NikAhang got an earful for his insult to the Greens. he cried out censor! censor! and came up with another accusation against the greens, censorship.
Any spiteful idiot who picks up a brush is not worthy of a print.

If anyone has access to facebook, I suggest to read Mr Mehdi Jami's article on Kowsar's Mousavi cartoon (after 18th declaration) and if possible please post it here too.

May 12, 2007
It is not a one day mission to change the leader from these two to RP, Sazgara or who you have in mind. 70 millions should accept it. There has always been people who have been pesimistical about these two but so far they have done better than anyone else. The fact that they canceled 22 khordad is not enough for me to start to believe every thing is finished. They might have had good reasons for it. After all mosavi lost a nephew. Karobis son was beaten up so badly. We others live outside.
IMO people have not been mad enough to go for an either or fight. The idea so far has been to tire the tags and when they are tired enough finish it. The thought behind this is to avoid killings. On the other hand it gives time to the government to get organized which they have. I belive soon or later people should get ready for a real war. But you won't hear it from Mosavi/Karobi.

Last edited:

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005

Your post is obviously coming out of frustration ... jumping off the bandwagon of Mousavi / Karoubi ... the majority of us didn't think that's the Iran we want is possible with their movement, but looked at them as a stepping stone in the direction of eventual freedom. This country is not ready to make one giant leap towards complete democracy and that has been proven in the past 30 years.

It's true that Mousavi hasn't done fuck all and I have been very critical of him myself, but this is not the time to completely abandon him as one of the figure heads of the movement; doing so means going back to a pre-election political atmosphere.

So yeah, I do want an Iran with freedom, where people can drink and have personal freedoms ... but first, I want an Iran where people aren't jailed for their opinions and raped and killed for expressing their ideas. One step at a time ...

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
After NikAhang Kowsar for the tenth times showed his unfounded hate toward Mousavi/Khatami (in his 300th declaration Cartoon of a battered Mousavi when even the most left praised it) and indirectly hate/insult toward Green Movement and he showed again and again when it comes to the Green Movement there is realy no difference between NikAhang Kowsar and Hossein Sharatmadi of Kayhan.
Anyway, NikAhang got an earful for his insult to the Greens. he cried out censor! censor! and came up with another accusation against the greens, censorship.
Any spiteful idiot who picks up a brush is not worthy of a print.

If anyone has access to facebook, I suggest to read Mr Mehdi Jami's article on Kowsar's Mousavi cartoon (after 18th declaration) and if possible please post it here too.
When you resort to this kind of extremism you're no better than the evil you're trying to fight.

What did Nikahang do? ... He expressed his opinion ... the fact that his opinion matters to people and provokes reactions is because of his own history and body of work in the past ... he has the credibility for people to care what he says

What was his message? ... Mousavi and Karoubi aren't doing enough ... again it's his opinion and I agree with him

Now you can go throw him under the bus and call him a traitor in a suppressive fashion just because his thoughts are information and not affirmation of your ideas ...

or you can respect him for having an opinion, his opinion having significance and him having the balls to express it ...

Oct 18, 2002
I think the basic tenet of a democratic movement is the diversity of views within it. Democratic societies are built based on diversity of opinion, not unity of opinion. In particular what I like in the green movement of Iran is the lack of hierarchy and command centre; it is a true grassroot movement where opinions flow from bottom to top, not the other way.

Nikahang may be right or wrong in his opinion, but it is very unhelpful to label him in any way. He expressed a view that is shared by a portion of the movement; the leaders of the movement should hear it and discuss it to convince the grassroot. The sooner we implement the democratic methods within our own rank, the sooner we will be able to extend it to the society as whole. After all, this is a movement based on people's conviction and belief, not based on fatwa and Saandis.

Jun 18, 2005
One step at a time? That is fine with me but can you tell me what sorta step did Khatami take when he was the president?

Time and time again these "reformists" have give false hope to people by "talking" but when the regime itself is in danger then they rally around and preach unity at the expense of Iranians.

Mousavi and Karroubi are not the answer. Mohsen Kadivar pofiooz is not the answer. First step is, do not be shy about what you are asking for and do not settle for lesser evil.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Mowjjan, I'm afraid your initially moderate tone and words of wisdom have turned into somewhat unreal extremist slogans in support of characters that deserve much less credit than you advocate others to give them.

These days you have picked up the habit of wanting to shutdown any discussion that is not related to praising Mousavi, Karoubi and criticizing AN's government. I've even noticed you expressing discontent with those who are at odds with the Islamic bullshit that the so called "Green Leader" mumble from time to time.

Aziz, I think checking back with reality from time to time is a good thing. Slogans are just slogans. Our destiny is not going to change with slogans.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
One step at a time? That is fine with me but can you tell me what sorta step did Khatami take when he was the president?

FI and BT Aziz,

While I understand your frustration and some what feel the same way,

the main question that one has to answer is that if it is not Moussavi and Karubi , then who ?

Who else can step up to the plate right now and take control?
I think it was a week ago or so when this discussion came up here in ISP and some people suggested Mohajerani ( Kadivar's Brother in law, a religious figure who when asked about Bahai people's human right violation in his trip in London, simply smiled and discredited the question by saying: Bahai is not a religion ).

The other character that was suggested here was Karbaschi.
My question is what has he done during the past year or so.

People like Mowj and ... have been fighting this regime much longer than you and I. They have came to the understanding of the situation and know there are no better alternatives out there right now. Mowj is not alone here. I know many of the old timers ( not that Mowj is an old timer) who have been in politics since the Shah time, Chapi, Fadaye, Old MKO member and even old daneshjoye khate Imam, who feel the same way.

I personally can not come with anyone right now who has half of the support that Moussavi and Karubi have among Iranians right now.

Am I frustrated by their lack of activity ? Yes, I am.
Am I more frustrated with us Iranians that we can not come up with anyone better after 30 years? Yes, I am.

So sometimes, it is better to understand our limitations right now and try to work with what we got, rather than question and dream the impossibles.

Jun 18, 2005
Man leader nemikham. I want this grassroot movement to carry on with no bounds to the likes of Mousavi, Karoubi, or Kadivar. Someone like our friend Mowj can suggest we are doing harm to the Green movement by I say to the contrary this means that we as individuals are progressing and growing.

But I do agree with you. The lack of a clear leader or honest and qualified opposition is an issue for many.

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA

I hope you just typed this out of frustration without giving it much thoughts!! I also hope you don’t take what I am about to write personal as I do appreciate the passion and enthusiasm you have showed towards our common goal since last year. But it’s extremely hard for me to digest how you can even compare Kowsar with Shariatmadari, an infamous political prisoner’s interrogator/torturer/criminal with blood on his hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, your blind/unconditional support of the green movement’s so-called “leadership” is nothing short of what lebas shaksi’s show towards Rahbar. I think you have clearly crossed the line of logic into blind support even at the cost of discrediting someone who’s on people’s side. ]

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
Basically, we don't need Mr NikAhang Kowsar every other day telling us that the Green Movement is over. That task is being carried out 24/7 by propaganda machinary of Coup D'etat team and the Militarist Religious Fascits Plunderers.
Politically he acts very immature and and with incompetence.
Continuously weakening green movement should not be his task if he pretend to be with people.