The Arab Spring Roll

Oct 18, 2002
Los LAshkhores, Casifornia
Like pretty much all of you, I'm also heartbroken about today's loss, lack of any evidence of TM improvement over the past year, bi-gheyrat players, player selection process, substitution tactics, and so on. But the one thing that really gets to me is the Arab Spring Roll, and knowing that not a damn thing will ever be done about it in the form of an official complaint to AFC, FIFA, or any organization that would bother to listen. Not using this as an excuse for TM's pathetic display, but come on for god's sake. That's all .. I'm too pissed to write more on the topic.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
We sucked and we lost. No question about that. But the constant UN-sportsmanship is pathetic. What about kicking the ball to the middle of the stands every time?

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
why is the grass rolling such a big deal. the referees add time to the clock, and give one or two yellow cards to those who waste time. Lebanon got at least one yellow card for their time wasting.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
^ Are you kidding? I can't believe there is even a single person who would be ok with this nonsense. The one yellow was the least they deserved and normally they don't even get that. Considering how much time they wasted there should have been at least 10 minutes of extra time.

What this shit does is more than just waste time; it's designed to throw the attacking team off their rhythm and keep them from building up momentum. It's beyond cowardly and unsportsmanlike. It ruins the match and makes a mockery of the sport. If most teams in the world resorted to this tactic, I would hate football and would have never even developed an interest in it.

Feb 22, 2005
I was shocked to see how they kept kicking the ball into the stand each time it went out, and the dumb referee (lets face it maybe he was afraid for his life being in Lebanon and having to be there for few hours or the night there, I would be too), giving only one yellow card. If he had given few more yellow cards, they would have stopped and the game had flown. But getting away with it, they started doing it more.

Love how the F***ing player threw himself on the ground in pain and kept going at it, until the refreee called the sideline to come with stretcher to pick him up. There came the golf car, and then waiting there, they put him on stretcher, back on the golf car with him showing he is in pain. Then as soon as he is outside, got up and came right back to the sideline and kept waving his hand to get back in. That was only mockery of team meli, but mockery of the referee, and mockery of Fifa. But lets face it, Arabs are in charge of the Asian federation and have majority.

^ Are you kidding? I can't believe there is even a single person who would be ok with this nonsense. The one yellow was the least they deserved and normally they don't even get that. Considering how much time they wasted there should have been at least 10 minutes of extra time.

What this shit does is more than just waste time; it's designed to throw the attacking team off their rhythm and keep them from building up momentum. It's beyond cowardly and unsportsmanlike. It ruins the match and makes a mockery of the sport. If most teams in the world resorted to this tactic, I would hate football and would have never even developed an interest in it.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

you said it best dude they ruined the game by their unsportsman behaviour ,winning is important but not the expence of those stupid and childish act , it was a disgrace for lebanon better lose like a man than win like cowards. But lets not forget the pollo field , very hard to speed the game up on that turf and have a good touch and control the ball ,when the ball is not rolling and is bubbling up all the time .