The Future of Ali Daei

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Ali Daie is an intelligent and hard working man. He is one of the very few Iranian players in recent year who has a university degree. What separated Daie from the rest of Iranian players was not his talent but his dedication to his work and him being a hard worker.

He gave 110% to every opportunity that was given to him and therefore was successful in almost everything in his career except coaching.

As a person Ali Daie is a religious man and therefore part of the system in Iran. He always maintained good relationship with IR government and this is how he was able to be so influential in national team and very successful business man. Some might call him opportunist but I think he just shares the same ideology with regime and in his heart, he agrees with them.

Based on his relationships and not his talent and credential, he took a National team coaching job. Again, I believe he knew he may not have enough knowledge for this job but he decided to take a risk!!!
If the risk would have paid off, t would have made him a legend but now that it has not, well, he is paying the price for it.

Was he selfish to take such a risk and play with millions of people emotion and dreams to reach his own personal goals and agenda??
In my personal opinion, yes, I think he rushed into it and did not do his homework. He decided to be selfish and put himself before Iran. There are a lot of people like Ali Daie in our country and even in our board who would have done the something.

Have we seen the end of Ali Daie? No, we have not. If you are part of this system, you will be given opportunities after opportunities especially if you are as influential as Ali Daie. He will be back in some shape or form in near future.

Did his latest endeavour tarnish his legacy? I don’t think so. People, who loved Daie, still love him and people who hated him still do. But more importantly is I don’t think he cares!!!
Yesterday when he said to the reporter that , you were all waiting for Daie to Fail, shows that all he thinks is himself and his accomplishment and not Iran and fans and ....

Aug 21, 2005
next door
if i were him, i would leave football all together for few years, and let everything settle down, then comeback fresh with new ideas, and hopefully some coaching classes under his belt!!!!

technically he still has a winning record as a club coach with saipa............

St_Mark

IPL Player
Oct 30, 2004
USA
روزگار است،آنكه گه عزت دهد گه خوار دارد.
.. چرخ بازيگر از اين بازيچه ها بسيار دارد

AliDaei will have high position with FIFA higher than other Iranian ever had .He will have Kafashian/Taj seat in future and if he decide a seat in Majles.

As for coaching , he willhave offers when he decide even from abroad !.

=============================
هنوزم عقل چون طفلان سر بازيچه ميدارد
که اين نارنج گون حقه به بازي کرد حيرانش .​

خاقاني .​

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Na, I still think he could make a good coach. He just needs to attend real coaching classes and start from coaching amaturish or different club's youth teams.

To make a TM head coach over night in Iran will just bring you a disaster (eventhough IMO Daei had some great ideas at times). We are not Germany and our players are not Klinsmans.

Daei can still make it but he needs to give it some time. F***k IFF for destroying him like this.

Feb 28, 2007
Fuck Daie Fuck the mof! He suppesedly is a fucking educated person (Sharif University) so one should ask this fuck-face, when you do not have any fucking coaching experience nor you fuckhead have attended fifa coaching classes how the fuck you want to take our fucking TM to fucking world cup you fuck head! Fuck his shirt too!

Feb 11, 2005
USA
I am truly baffled with the way some of the posters are attacking Daei for the disaster on hand!! The way I see it, this situation was created by IFF and the IR to destroy the legend way back even a year before the WC06 campaign. They totally outsmart Daei by sucking him into a situation that would have only had one result!! Think about it, since when IFF cared about the people of IRAN!!!! They had political gain in many folds by putting him in charge of the TM. They destroyed the man totally by appointing him as a head coach. Whether you believe it or not they destroyed a man who was recognized by FIFA as one of the best! This situation was created by evil minded people. I never saw Daei as a supper player with extra-ordinary skills and certainly not as a coach because he simple didn’t have the credentials as a head coach but he got fooled and paid dearly for it. It is absolutely pathetic to get the character assassination to the level that only suits IFF and other evil minded monsters ruling that organization. You really think IFF all of the sudden grow conscious on us people! Think again. I hope no one label this as a post in support of Daei. This is just my two cents on what is going on.

GO TM

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
The way I see it, this situation was created by IFF and the IR to destroy the legend way back even a year before the WC06 campaign.
Please. I hate this regime more than anybody, but enough with the silly conspiracy theories.

Daei is largely hated by the people in Iran. There is no incentive for the regime to try to "ruin" him as he hardly has any public support to begin with. MK was the regime's golden boy and he was fired after he failed in the 97 WCQ. Were they trying to set him up too? Were they afraid of his "popularity"? :rolleyes:

No one put a gun to Daei's head in 2006 to make him treat TM like his private property, nor did they tie him up and force him to take the coaching position. He's a self-serving narcissist and has been given these opportunities because he knows how to ingratiate himself with the system. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2005
USA
Please. I hate this regime more than anybody, but enough with the silly conspiracy theories.

Daei is largely hated by the people in Iran. There is no incentive for the regime to try to "ruin" him as he hardly has any public support to begin with. MK was the regime's golden boy and he was fired after he failed in the 97 WCQ. Where they trying to set him up too? Were they afraid of his "popularity"? :rolleyes:

No one put a gun to Daei's head in 2006 to make him treat TM like his private property, nor did they tie him up and force him to take the coaching position. He's a self-serving narcissist and has been given these opportunities because he knows how to ingratiate himself with the system. Plain and simple.

IranZamin jaan I am with you on this too. Please don't get me wrong Daei as greedy as he seemed to be he certainly deserve this. But I still say that the IFF and other blood suckers love every minute of this. I never thought I could get so low!!! I am so angry I can't even describe my feelings. I literally throw up after the game was over because I saw the cowardly act of the head coach in the second half but come to think of it I shouldn't be surprised or angry at any one except those "zaloos" who are playing with emotions of millions of people..... I am so down I just don’t know how to get back to my normal-self......

Feb 11, 2005
USA
IranZamin jaan I am with you on this too. Please don't get me wrong as Daei as greedy as he seemed to be he certainly deserve this. But I still say that the IFF and other blood suckers love every minute of this. I never thought I could get so low!!! I am so angry I can't even describe my feeling. I literally throw up after the game was over because I saw the cowardly act of the head coach in the second half but come to think of it I shouldn't be surprised or angry at any one except those "zaloos" who are playing with emotions of millions of people..... I am so down I just don’t know how to get back to my normal-self......

Feb 7, 2009
Seh rooz pish khodaa bood, emrooz khaareh donyaast.
He's just gonna become a bazari (he already has the shikam ready to go) and live his life. I still don't think he did anything less than what other coaches could do in Iran with TM, he just failed like all previous ones. Which brings me to the point, I still don't blame Iran's loss yesterday on Daei. Iran's loss is because of Iran being a corrupt (flawed) country.

In khalehzanak baziyeh keh yeh melat fosheh alamo midan be Daei yeh dafeh badeh baazi ham kheyli pointless va zayast.

I still have respect for what he's done as a player and for having balls (gheyrati) unlike the soosool players that come and go. He took on a task too big for him and he failed, it's a risk he took barely 2 years after retirement which will basically ruin his coaching career and he'll become another Parvin.
Fekr konam yeh zareh baadeh damaghesh bekhaabeh, yeh 10 saal digeh be onvaneh motivator yeh involvementi baa TM dashteh baasheh.
Very well said, nothing else to it.

Oct 18, 2002
He will be the head of IFF and some day an influential figure at AFC.
If he wants to succeed, he needs to put aside his arrogance and learns the lesson of humbleness. A player can be arrogant but an administrator, a manager or a politician can never be until he is an accomplished star. If he learns how to speak to media and how to work with others, I don't mind seeing him represneting Iran at AFC.

However Daei is not a good people manager, and I don't want him at te helm of IFF. As Safaei Farahani showed, a successful IFF chief does not have to have football background. But if we want someone from footbal family, I think Karim Bagheri has all the right qualities. he is humble, yet a leader who commands respect, efficient with a very realistic view. Add a bit of managerial skills and he could be the best IFF chief we ever had.