The German referee who ruled against Mazaheri is suspended for 5 days!!!!

Feb 22, 2005
One's dream of working everyday for years to win it goes out the door in few minutes and the referee gets 5 days suspension.

Lets face it, people are emotional and can get biased and subjective. Whether we like it or not, good or bad. It is mot of the people's nature.

Having a negative every day being in the news, isolated by most of the world, looked down as fanatics and backward nation, and run by bunch of backward ignorant incompetence government of IR, you will get into these situations. Add to that Iran, who has rarely had any success in Boxing in the past. We can blame olympics and the german referee, etc.. but at the end, if we look within, the problem always comes to our federations and their bosses that have made Iranians looked down as outcasts.

hapali

Ball Boy
Jan 15, 2006
What a load of bullcrap!!

So you are freeing the referee from any fault and putting the blame on the thugs who run our federation?! Thats the most ridicoulos bullshit I have ever heard!

Of course the thugs who are in charge of most of our federations can and must be blamed for most of our problems in sports, but definetly not this one.

This guy is a refereee, he is supposed to be neutral! Your statemnet would MAYBE be valid for any ordinary person on the streets off duty, but not when he is a proffesional boxing referee and judging a fight in the olympic games.

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
many people in this world win without deserving the win, and just using tricks to cover up for their shortcoming .the cuban boxer and his coaching staffs knew he is not matched for iranian's boxer ( ali has long handa and reach which is really hard for opponents to get close for good scoring punches ).so they have to find away disaffect that advantage .
on the mazaaheri and his corner obvoiusly didn't see it or couldn't care because getting in cocky mood .
if i was his coach i would had told him, in kermanshaee; ali, kora ,halet khase ,oo-dara tora otash mikona ,hevasat jamkon( ali,are you ok, he is trying get you out,be carfull) .
yes he made fouls one after another one ,he was much better than him but he did lowbelow,he pulled him towrd himself,he necked him .and all were unnecessarily .
i am upset of referee because his opponent deserved same as ali ,cautious .in other word he should be out before mazaher .
let's move on .stop all those slogans ,i mean from those people who are in charged in iran's sports ,nadavri ,toteye jehani va estekbar .
let's move on .
shahin 2000jan, btw thanks for bringing that to our attention .don't ruin your day,days for others shorcoming,and wrong doing .

Aug 23, 2009
When it comes to these sporting events, some people who are not imbecile ayrabic-chanting hezbollahis become delusional or ignore that most (not all) the representatives of the islamic republic are islamist hezbollahi regime supporters.

Would you feel sorry for Mazaheri if he is a hezbollahi (regular hezbollahi or moderate-reformist hezbollahi) who explicitly or implicitly supports the murderous islamic dictatorship called the islamic republic and supports rule according to this revolting filth called islam?

andishe

Ball Boy
Jul 30, 2008
The German referee missed up. But the idiots in Iran's camp did not appeal the decision and the boxer had to suffer the consequences. Similar thing happened to the Japanese boxer but their camp appealed and they got their boxer to fight again.

This is another proof that Iran is "bedooneh sarparast"

Aug 21, 2005
next door
^^please check your facts, the iranian player left the ring after the fight, BY LAW if you leave the ring the decision can't be overturned. it is accepted that you have accepted the ruling. the japanes player stayed til they changed the decision. it also happened to a korean fencer who stayed on the mat for hour and half after a wrong decision made her loose the gold qualification (even thought they did not over turn the decision)

Irani

IPL Player
Oct 19, 2002
Iran (70%), Others (30%)
^^please check your facts, the iranian player left the ring after the fight, BY LAW if you leave the ring the decision can't be overturned. it is accepted that you have accepted the ruling. the japanes player stayed til they changed the decision. it also happened to a korean fencer who stayed on the mat for hour and half after a wrong decision made her loose the gold qualification (even thought they did not over turn the decision)
I was going to say the same thing. Our athletes and our people need to respect the rules and/or law. If Mazaheri had stayed and respected the decision, then Iranian team could appeal. I read somewhere that in the introduction for coaches this issue was emphasized. Iran does not have a good boxing coach.

I have enjoyed watching Roozbehani to box. He is such a wonderful and energetic and respectful person.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
When I watched the quarter final fight between the Azari and the Cuban who went passed Mazaheri I figured out why Mazaheri was treated like that and undeservedly disqualified .

Mazaheri would have punched that Azari to next wednesday if he was given the chance ...:boxing:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
When I watched the quarter final fight between the Azari and the Cuban who went passed Mazaheri I figured out why Mazaheri was treated like that and undeservedly disqualified .

Mazaheri would have punched that Azari to next wednesday if he was given the chance ...:boxing:
Yeah.it was a clear fix and Azerbaijan's corrupt financial influence on Boxing Federation is no secret.