The Legend #8 Retired!

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Ali Karimi retired from football. We will never forget you. The best player that Iran had in past 30 years. We will miss you at Perspolis and Team Melli.

به نام خالق هستی...
میخی بر دیوار کوبیدم و کفش***هایم را آویختم
خداحافظی همیشه تلخ و ناگوار است جدایی از عشقی که تار و پود وجودت را در تصرف دارد کار آسانی نیست. یک بار صرفا تحت تأثیر خداحافظی غریبانه مهدوی***کیا تصمیمی افراطی گرفتم و فضای اندوهبار آن همه بی***اعتنایی من را از فوتبال بیزار کرد و حالا خود را در پایان دیدم.
هر چند همین تصمیم افراطی و عجولانه باعث شد تا بعضی***ها همه چیز را تمام شده بدانند و من را با دست خود به مسلخ ببرند.
با توجه به شرایطی که در آن قرار دارم راهی جز ترک صحنه برایم نمانده و این تصمیم را در حالی که تمام وجودم را شک و تردید و اندوهی ناشناخته گرفته با مردم خوب و مهربان وطنم به اشتراک می***گذارم. تصمیم قطعی و برگشت***ناپذیر. از این پس هواداری متعصب برای تیم محبوب پرسپولیس و تیم ملی کشورم خواهم بود. دوست دارم این را وظیفه خود می***دانم از تمام سروران و مهرآفرینانی که مرا از یک فوتبال خیابانی به میادین جهانی همراهی و مساعدت نمودند تشکر کنم و البته تقاضا دارم اشتباهات و خطاهای این حقیر که در مقاطعی موجب آزردگی خاطر نگرانی و رنجش احساسات پاکشان شده بخشوده و مورد عفو خود قرار دهند.
من علی کریمی هر چه دارم بعد از خدا از فوتبال و محبت این مردم است که البته خود را شایسته این همه محبت و لطف نمی***دانم چرا که در حقیقت قهرمانان واقعی این مرز و بوم آنانی هستند که به خاطر آسایش من و امثال من از آسایش و جان خود گذشتند تا آن آسایش و آرامش نصیب ما شود. از همین رو با درود و سپاس به شهدا و جانبازان راه وطن و آزادی این عزیزان را شایسته و لایق بالاترین ستایش***ها می***دانم اما از اینکه نتوانستم با پیراهن تیم محبوبم پرسپولیس فوتبال را ترک کنم اصلا ناراحت نیستم زیرا این اتفاق عجیبی نیست.
البته هرگز تن به بازی خداحافظی که متأسفانه در فوتبال ما نوعی حرکت تشریفاتی،تبلیغاتی و بعضا ریاکارانه است نخواهم داد. بسیاری از بزرگان فوتبال ما بی***سر و صدا خاموش شدند و گورستان فراموشی رهسپارشان گردیدند. در خاتمه قلبا اعلام می***دارم که به خداحافظی از فوتبال تمام حوادث و حاشیه***هایش را هم در همان زمین خاک کرده و آنچه در این مسیر برایش پیش آمده را تنها چالش***ها، رقابت***ها و احساسات مقطعی می***دانم و بالاخره کلام آخر باز با هواداران که همواره برایم اهمیت بالایی داشته و خواهند داشت شما همیشه در قلب من خواهید بود. از تمام احترامی که طی این سال***ها نسبت به من داشتید لذت بردم و سپاسگزارم.
سرانجام باید از این خاک رفت. خوشا آنکه پاک آمد و پاک رفت. خاک پای تمام ایرانی***ها هستم.
علی کریمی

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
One of Iran's best players ever! Could have become one of the world's best ever if he was schooled right!

Damesh garm and wish him luck in the future!

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
I don't understand how you guys can call Karimi legend? How is he legendary?... He was a mediocre player at best with some good moments in his playing career! I am glad he retired, now we have less hashieh to look forward to. But I do wish him well...

You know what is defined legend Zidane, Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo... etc. Did Karimi ever come close to those players I think not so lets move on!...

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
One of Iran's best players ever! Could have become one of the world's best ever if he was schooled right!

Damesh garm and wish him luck in the future!

Certainly the best Iranian potential that I know. If these few things were not in his way, he had a great chance to be one of the world's top 10 of his time, something no Iranian ever even came close to.

1- the incident in Vietnam and a 1 year ban at the start of his peak.
2- declining the offer from Atletico, how stupid his advisors were to send him to UAE instead.
3- Ali Daei's gang and his selfish attitude. Karimi wasted so much energy and focus dealing with him.
4- decline in Iran's political status due to the nuclear program that limited our player's opportunities in Europe and TM shows at the international level
5- missing WC 2002. It was his prime time and Iran was loaded with players like Kia, Daei, Bagheri, potentially Azizi, Minavand, Pashazadeh, Khaziravi...., how did we miss it?

IMO, in the last 25 years, we had 3 players who never got close to what they had the potential to be: Karimi, Namjoo, and Manafi.

Nov 24, 2002
Karimi had huge potential and probably never played with expectation coming with that potential .This guy for sure deserved more than two years of career in Europe . but for me like some other members mentioned he could be easy one man show and game changer when he wanted to . following our football in last 28 years i don't remember any player who had a potential even come close to him .
prove is in his first year in Munich with all traffics in midfielder he played in majority of bayern games either as starter or substitution . I remember Naveed (Moula) posted an article and analysis back time that he got better kicker rating that Ballack in his first year in Bayern !!!!

in international level he had his up and down . If he was in top of his game in 2002 WCQ ,we would probably qualify BUT in Asian cup 2004 our long run was mainly thanks to him same as our qualification in 2006..he was one of pivot beside Vahid and Kia

Nov 24, 2002
I don't know how accurate it was but If Atletio really wanted him then that was his biggest mistake if he turned down the offer... If javad could success in Spain and Laliga then Karimi would be a super star just knowing Javad did not own half of Karimi's talent
most of time is not only about talent but determination .Karimi after two years in Bayern could play in some half decent European team anywhere if he wanted but decided to come back play in UAE for sake of money .

Nov 24, 2002
but I guess Atleti offer was before Bayern asking for his service
it was . but Karimi wasn't determine to have long career in europe. the desire wasn't there simply and as i said 80% of time is not only about talent. Vahid, Daei are some good example
in other hand Azizi are some bad example

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Ali Karimi the most skilful and talented Iranian player ever
He was awesome between 2000-2006 Well Passed his best since then

Aug 21, 2005
next door
I don't understand how you guys can call Karimi legend? How is he legendary?... He was a mediocre player at best with some good moments in his playing career! I am glad he retired, now we have less hashieh to look forward to. But I do wish him well...

You know what is defined legend Zidane, Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo... etc. Did Karimi ever come close to those players I think not so lets move on!...
i agree with you, i do not know what he has done to be called a Legend in looking at retro prospective of his career. he was a player that could have been and should have been one of the stars in the world.he had enough talent to be in the best league and the best team in the world. i was and i am one of his fans but this is injustice to call him a legend while we have players like Javad, Ando who have surpassed him on many levels including leadership abilities that Karimi clearly lacked. Due to his laziness never got where he should have been and if it was not for the fans to push him calling for him to go to euorpe he would have still been in UAE.

he had more hasheh in his career than bright spots and we still call this a legend lool.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
most of time is not only about talent but determination .Karimi after two years in Bayern could play in some half decent European team anywhere if he wanted but decided to come back play in UAE for sake of money .
Yeah, he wasn't ready in the head. It was just after him coming back from being banned for kicking a ref. But if he had right people around him from young age, he could have done much better in Europe and at that time he would have been ready for La Liga. Honestly Bayern was a good chance for him but injury and not enough determination was the cause of him leaving. He will be missed and one of the most talented player that came from not only Iran but Asia.

Yeah, he wasn't ready in the head. It was just after him coming back from being banned for kicking a ref. But if he had right people around him from young age, he could have done much better in Europe and at that time he would have been ready for La Liga. Honestly Bayern was a good chance for him but injury and not enough determination was the cause of him leaving. He will be missed and one of the most talented player that came from not only Iran but Asia.
Well said, It's exactly the case for many youngster coming to Europe from South American countries , It's all about who you have as a Mentor next to you. If you have a right people then you become Messi and if not then you turn to an Adriano . it's all about advising and having the right people around you

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
I don't know how accurate it was but If Atletio really wanted him then that was his biggest mistake if he turned down the offer... If javad could success in Spain and Laliga then Karimi would be a super star just knowing Javad did not own half of Karimi's talent

Atletico Madrid was ready to sign the contract. The club representative was in Iran watching Karimi play against an Asian club. When Karimi Scored a beautiful goal, that fellow was jumping up and down and cheering for Karimi as if Atletico Madrid had scored! If I am not mistaken Atletico was on its way back to La Liga in that season. See these articles

http://www.worldsoccer.com/uncategorized/ali-karimi
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2002/1638786.stm