The Marshal is back

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Finally!!!!!!!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/11/30/1656994/gabriel-milito-set-for-barcelona-return

Gabriel Milito Set For Barcelona Return

The defender should make an appearance against Xerez on Tuesday...

Nov 30, 2009 12:04:38 PM

Gabriel Milito could make his return to action for Barcelona on Tuesday against Xerez after spending 19 months on the sidelines recovering from a knee injury.

The Argentinian defender has been building his way back to full fitness for the past few weeks, but has now been given the all-clear by Blaugrana doctors to start playing again.

Barca play Xerez in midweek as they will be away in December at the Club World Cup and Milito is set to make his first appearance for 580 days.

On April 29, 2008 the former Real Zaragoza centre-back damaged his anterior cruciate ligament in the second leg of the Champions League semi final against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

In order to repair the injury surgeons had to take tissue from Milito's other knee and that caused his comeback to be delayed even further.

Few expected him to be out for so long, but now he has returned after proving his fitness in a friendly against Bolivian club side Bolivar at Barca's training complex.

Milito's return will give coach Pep Guardiola more options at the back with Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol, Rafael Marquez and Dmytro Chygrynskiy all able to play in the middle.

The 29-year-old joined Barcelona in the summer of 2007 from Real Zaragoza for €20 million, months after failing a medical at Real Madrid, and made 27 appearances in his first campaign.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Sep 25, 2005
i swear i was just about to post to ask where he is!!

but i don't think there would be a spot in the starting line up for him would there?