The most amazing phone ever

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
I got me the new Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on friday and been testing it this weekend. Samsung really overdud themselv with this one.

Only cons are Infrared midsing and no swappable battery.
But this phone flies! Super fast and smooth. And with the 200GB microsd card in it, there's enough space to store whatever u want.

The camera is really amazing. I tried some quich shots with autofocus. Its almost as good as my wife's Nikon D90.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
And with the 200GB microsd card in it, there's enough space to store whatever u want.
Say what????!!!!!! 200 GB??!! :eek:

Did you add it yourself or was it included? From what I remember Samsung stopped to have space for additional SD-cards. At least in the Note they did!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
The auto-foccus is out of this world. Samsung Galaxy S7 (specially edge) is one of the best phones in terms of hardware
I am still not crazy about the UI, I have to install another launcher.
Do you have the snapdragon 820 version or Exynos 8890?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Thank you for your review bro. I was on the fence with the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and the new Iphone. I am going to save up my money and in a few months get one. I liked my S3 but it crapped out so I am using my mom's back up Iphone 5C. It is time for an upgrade thank you dude, you made my decision easier. Actually you and Iran, Inter Esteghlal, posting some info in the technology thread about the S7. Saute!

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I got the same phone S7 Edge, its amazing ... Samsung dropped SD card in S6 and note 5 and saw their sales really get hurt, what they missed was, Android users are NOT loyal to any brand, they go where they get the best (unlike iPhone) people switched to HTC and LG etc who offered more... with S7 they realized their mistake and brought things back on track, i hope they never do that again, I was ready for upgrade last year, however, i refused to get a phone with no SD, this is 2016, just because Apple is a back-warded company doesnt mean i have to live in those times.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
samsung is working on a new 256 GB internal storage technology that might come out with Note 6 with internal RAM of 6GB. The mobile world is going nuts. My first PC (80286) was 25 Mhz with 640KB of RAM and 40 MB of Hard Drive :D

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I got the same phone S7 Edge, its amazing ... Samsung dropped SD card in S6 and note 5 and saw their sales really get hurt, what they missed was, Android users are NOT loyal to any brand, they go where they get the best (unlike iPhone) people switched to HTC and LG etc who offered more... with S7 they realized their mistake and brought things back on track, i hope they never do that again, I was ready for upgrade last year, however, i refused to get a phone with no SD, this is 2016, just because Apple is a back-warded company doesnt mean i have to live in those times.
I only wish it had a removable battery as well, that would have made it complete. However with such a huge 3500 mAH battery, you should easily go through day with no problem.

Nov 29, 2002
Looks lovely, nice to see Samsung back in the game in terms of being a headline act for the industry.

I don't particularly like the company's aesthetic and haven't bought any of their products (more into Sony, Apple, Microsoft, LG etc...) but it's healthy for everyone if Samsung is strong and makes products like this.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I only wish it had a removable battery as well, that would have made it complete. However with such a huge 3500 mAH battery, you should easily go through day with no problem.
I been using my phone HEAVY today, installing, removing, trying it, all that, took it off charge at 9:30 AM, its now close to 7 pm and its at 58%. Thats pretty good !

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Right now, I also want to get a new phone and the most important thing for me is the Camera since I want to take a lot of pictures/videos of my son. Now I will wait for 2 weeks for the LG G5 availability since the LG G4 and V10 had amazing camera's (possibly the best) but overall my heart is with the Samsung. But I really like the LG camera module that kinda makes your phone like a digital camera. In terms of sepc's, they are kinda identical. The pictures that Toofan took look really sharp with details.

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Looks lovely, nice to see Samsung back in the game in terms of being a headline act for the industry.

I don't particularly like the company's aesthetic and haven't bought any of their products (more into Sony, Apple, Microsoft, LG etc...) but it's healthy for everyone if Samsung is strong and makes products like this.
The interesting thing is that Samsung hasn't done anything spectacular just made the flaws with S6/S6 edge to go away.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I been using my phone HEAVY today, installing, removing, trying it, all that, took it off charge at 9:30 AM, its now close to 7 pm and its at 58%. Thats pretty good !
That is amazing. The battery is kinda like the ones use in tablets (4000 mAH) so you should easily get through the day with heavy usage.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Right now, I also want to get a new phone and the most important thing for me is the Camera since I want to take a lot of pictures/videos of my son. Now I will wait for 2 weeks for the LG G5 availability since the LG G4 and V10 had amazing camera's (possibly the best) but overall my heart is with the Samsung. But I really like the LG camera module that kinda makes your phone like a digital camera. In terms of sepc's, they are kinda identical. The pictures that Toofan took look really sharp with details.
Dude how old is your son? he might just fall in love with the VR, i had my friend son try it, and it was really hard for him to give it back !!!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Dude how old is your son? he might just fall in love with the VR, i had my friend son try it, and it was really hard for him to give it back !!!
Haha, he is only six months old :D
I saw the VR, I think it is kinda thing you use for 2-3 days and then goes to the set of gadgets. What do you think ?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Haha, he is only six months old :D
I saw the VR, I think it is kinda thing you use for 2-3 days and then goes to the set of gadgets. What do you think ?
It really depends on the content, if they pump content for it, i see myself using it, it is VERY handy on flights, pair it with BOSS noise cancelling headphones and you got yourself a full screen theater during your flight !!!
if content, 100% agree with you.

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
BTW Toofan, how did you like the Virtual Reality experience (the Glasses) Its really cool in my opinion. I watched afew movies
Yeah. Got the gear VR. Havent spent time on it yet. But I had oculus rift dev edition and that was amazing. Since samsungs VR got even better resolution, Im guessing its gonna be pretty neat also :)