The Planet’s Best Stealth Fighter Isn’t Made in America

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Well as a big sukhoi fan, i was interessted to know what the heck was this article all about but its not giving me anything as a clear indication. I mean the americans are not building the best stealth fighters anyways, Sukhoi PAK FA is on the same level as their best stealth fighter F-22 (we all know F-35 was a failure lol). But whats up with this saab thing? Its still under further development and has a long way to go to be called a complete project and even then i guess there is no way you guys can challenge F-22 Raptor, Sukhoi PAK FA or even Sukhoi 35. :)

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I found the article rather shallow.

It stopped interesting me when they start comparing b.s Apps for calories on Smart Phones to amazing technology on fighter planes.

My guess is this was just SEO article.

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
Those cannards are a total rip off from the Russian sukhoi flankers. As F-22 being designed for challenging but a simple war theatre?. no. F-22 was with every war scenario in mind, stealth, supreme electronic capability and a radar that can paint an track an enemy well beyond anything they have and achive total air dominance.This article makes it sound this fighter is perfect. not even the F-22 or the PAK-F-50 is perfect. Every fighter will be spotted dosent matter how stealthy you are. once you open the weapons bay door, you automaticly radidate heat signature and the enemies infera red signature will pick you off day or night especially at night when heat signature radidates a lot more. That's where the Russian Fighters shine. They have the best infera red systems with the longest range and the best offboresight.The Sukhoi 35 has the best offboresight and the longest infera red system probably ever designed.

Also how does this plane rate in the energy stakes. Energy is life. How does it handel in high velocity basic fighting manuvers and what is it's turn radius. The tighter the turn capabelity, it allows the fighter to conserve more energy and sharper/tighter turns and regain it's speed.To evade a missile deployed and coming at you, besides needing a vey good reverse warning system, you need to perorm high energy basic fighting manuvers and try to bleed off the missile or spoof it offcourse. That is exactly where a fighter like the raptor shines and the PAK-F-50 to. You can have all the super dupper technology, however if you meet in the merge, it will come down to which fighter has the best weapons fire and control system/weapons envelope, which fighter handels in high velocity manuvers and has the best energy .

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
The Gripen is an excellent plane with a very interesting design philosophy Ali joon and I think every country should employ a few squadrons of them, but it's not stealth by any means, so it's a silly article from the start. Performance wise, it's better than the F-35B (the STOVL version), without the vertical landing capabilities and stealth of course, but it wasn't designed to land on aircraft carriers and it's a fraction of the cost specially when you include operating costs over the life of the aircraft. It's not comparable to the F-22 in anyway, at least on paper, since the F-22 has never seen combat and neither has the Gripen.

Aug 13, 2003
It really doesnt matter. In time more countries will be able to produce stealth fighters. It will come down to who has a better technology, avionics, pilot training and most importantly which plane can avoid missiles from the ground. Eventually, pilots will be fased out and replaced by fighters going 10 times the speed of sound with technologies that can actually leave the earth athmospher and come back in.