These foreign “news sources” are amazingly funny…

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
First, they report a news and attribute a quote to Ahmadinejad that was not true (BTW, note that they slowly started to ignore their original false report of him having said "new waves of suicide attacks", but he did quote Khomeini and so technically the words "Israel" and "wipe" did come out of his mouth).

Then, based on the above false report they start bashing him and report all the condemnation reports from various EU members and their former colonies.

Then, and here is the really funny part, when Iran points out that their original report was misreported and nothing new was said by Ahmadinejad that hasn’t been said for the past 25 years they start reporting that Iran is backing down from Ahmdinejad’s comments.

And today they report how Iranians are split, with some of them believing that Ahmadinejad should not have said what he actually didn’t say. LOL

BTW, how does one translate "az safheyeh roozegar mahv/hazv shodan"? If you think about it the correct translation is not "getting wiped off the map" but rather "getting rid of". Because one can say "communism, bird flue, va Saddam bayad az safheyeh roozegar mahv/hazv beshavand". Would you translate that in to "communism, bird flue, and Saddam should be wiped off the world map"? Communism is not a physical entity that one can wipe off the map nor are Saddam or bird flue any specific spot on a map to be wiped off. Thus the correct translation is "Communism, bird flue and Saddam ought to be gotten rid of".

This, misunderstandings (or rather malicious misrepresentations), are how many wars in the world get started.

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
Like all others, this is a very weak justification too. It is correct to say "communism should be wiped off the map". Have not you seen the maps that color communism country different color? That's what it means.

Yek dyvaneh yek sangy beh chah andakht and it's too late now.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Javeed said:
Like all others, this is a very weak justification too. It is correct to say "communism should be wiped off the map". Have not you seen the maps that color communism country different color? That's what it means.
LOL, that's great. And with that explanation you have the audacity to accuse my point as "weak". LOL

so let me get this straight, in your world when you color the map and then get rid of communism within a certain government have you actually gotten rid of the idea of communism as well? Communism like Nazism or racism is an idea. you don't "GET RID OF" and idea but changing the color on a map from red to blue. LOL

You can't color any country as Nazi on the map just as you can't color racism. Yet, their are still many people with Nazi and racist mentality in the world. Thus one would say "Nazism/racism bAyad az safheyeh roozegAr mahv beshavad". The sentence doesn't translate in to blowing up a country on the map or killing anyone but rather it's talking about "GETTING RID OF" certain ideas and practices.

I guess when we can't even understand our own language we shouldn't really expect others to understand us and translate our ideas correctly either. right?

Oct 18, 2002
ashtar said:
You can't color any country as Nazi on the map just as you can't color racism. Yet, their are still many people with Nazi and racist mentality in the world. Thus one would say "Nazism/racism bAyad az safheyeh roozegAr mahv beshavad". The sentence doesn't translate in to blowing up a country on the map or killing anyone but rather it's talking about "GETTING RID OF" certain ideas and practices.
A country is not an idea. Communism was an idea. Israel is a country. How do you get rid of a country except by destroying it?

If it makes you feel better, replace AN's words with "Israel should disappear" instead of "Israel should be wiped out". Doubt that it would make anybody more comfortable.

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
Languages use expressions that have some basis. "communism should be wiped off the map" is the correct expression to mean "get rid off". I talk about coloring the map as a POSSIBLE basis for this expression. You cannot argue that communism is not a physical entity to be on a map. The same way that I cannot say "roozegar" is not a book to have "safheh".

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
In bacheh akhound Ashtar never seizes to disappoint. Baba you are the king of Spin. Hala An yeh gohi kord, aghalan tokhmesho dashteh bashin begin, "areh ma ghabol darim". But NOOOO, you have to come here and tell us he "technically" did not say that ;) Areh, then what did he 'technically" say? Hatman dasham goofteh mikhad bereh pisheh Sharon abgooshteh boz bash bokhoreh?

Baba to khodayi :)

Thanks,

Javeed Iran

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
deerouz said:
A country is not an idea. Communism was an idea. Israel is a country. How do you get rid of a country except by destroying it?

If it makes you feel better, replace AN's words with "Israel should disappear" instead of "Israel should be wiped out". Doubt that it would make anybody more comfortable.
loool, exactly!!!

Its interesting they pretend these two remarks arent similarily mean and redicolous.

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
ashtar said:
First, they report a news and attribute a quote to Ahmadinejad that was not true (BTW, note that they slowly started to ignore their original false report of him having said "new waves of suicide attacks", but he did quote Khomeini and so technically the words "Israel" and "wipe" did come out of his mouth).

Then, based on the above false report they start bashing him and report all the condemnation reports from various EU members and their former colonies.

Then, and here is the really funny part, when Iran points out that their original report was misreported and nothing new was said by Ahmadinejad that hasn’t been said for the past 25 years they start reporting that Iran is backing down from Ahmdinejad’s comments.

And today they report how Iranians are split, with some of them believing that Ahmadinejad should not have said what he actually didn’t say. LOL

BTW, how does one translate "az safheyeh roozegar mahv/hazv shodan"? If you think about it the correct translation is not "getting wiped off the map" but rather "getting rid of". Because one can say "communism, bird flue, va Saddam bayad az safheyeh roozegar mahv/hazv beshavand". Would you translate that in to "communism, bird flue, and Saddam should be wiped off the world map"? Communism is not a physical entity that one can wipe off the map nor are Saddam or bird flue any specific spot on a map to be wiped off. Thus the correct translation is "Communism, bird flue and Saddam ought to be gotten rid of".

This, misunderstandings (or rather malicious misrepresentations), are how many wars in the world get started.
Yes this was actually on my mind too. It is really getting very ridiculous. They are just looking for any excuse to condemn Iran. They are on Syria's case now and want to get Iran too. Its all planned, Brits and US with do not want their little bastard baby Israel to be harmed.

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
R_E_Z_A said:
Yes this was actually on my mind too. It is really getting very ridiculous. They are just looking for any excuse to condemn Iran. They are on Syria's case now and want to get Iran too. Its all planned, Brits and US with do not want their little bastard baby Israel to be harmed.
i would remotely believe this statement if AN would come out and say "hey, you got it wrong. Thats not what I said and it has been taken out of content" but he hasn't. He even embraces what the world thinks of him now.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
AN's speech had nothing to do with Israel or West all together, it was planned to get global publicity for AN to cover up his less than capable presidency image and IMHO plan worked perfectly. My reasoning is Khmamenei's silence about the whole fiasco. And of course I could be wrong.

Oct 18, 2002
R_E_Z_A said:
Reza/Ashtar,

You have forgotten to let Ahmadinejad and his pals know that he didn't say those words! He keeps saying that he said the right thing.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
Here a not so funny backlash of AN and neo-thugs idiotic policies.

Romania pulls out of tournament in Iran

BUCHAREST, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Romania will not take part in a four-nation soccer tournament in Iran because of the tense political situation there, the Romania Soccer Federation (FRF) said on Tuesday.
The tournament also included Iran, Togo and Paraguay, who have all qualified for the 2006 World Cup finals, and was scheduled to start on Nov. 11.
Romania's decision followed the foreign ministry's request for the FRF to reconsider the trip.An FRF spokesman said Romania might host a friendly against another national team in a city to be named in mid-November.

Feb 22, 2005
I am surprise any of these teams want to go to Iran. In a country that publicly has no freedom for the smallest rights such as right to the way of dressing, alcohol, no bars nor clubs, .... talking to women, etc.. and no rule of law where any ****ing Basiji can stop them and give them hard time, who suprise they want to go there.

and AN comments puts a seal on that. But AN has his reasons and I bellieve it will work for him. In a country with so many be-savads he will have no problem becoming powerful. And majority of our ba-savads are so obsessed by religion which helps AN.

Oct 18, 2002
lordofmordor said:
and AN comments puts a seal on that. But AN has his reasons and I bellieve it will work for him. In a country with so many be-savads he will have no problem becoming powerful. And majority of our ba-savads are so obsessed by religion which helps AN.
I don't think that's a fair comment to portray our compatriots as majority bi-savad. The level of knowledge and (real) intellect of our people has improved considerably through the 20th century. Our nation, similar to many others, have been expermienting with different ideas from nationalism to marxism to religious radicalism to find its way in this age, and is maturing slowly but in the right direction. A little read of the history of other nations would greatly diminish your pessimism about the Iranian nation.