10:30 am Central Europe
13:00 pm Tehran

[video=youtube;QnSSyfzpAGw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnSSyfzpAGw[/video]

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
The qualified teams are seeded based on the FIFA World Rankings of April 2016 and divided in six pots, with two teams in each pot.

Attachments

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
I'm hoping for a similar 2014 WCQ 3rd round group

Iran, South Korea, Uzbekistan, China, Qatar, Thailand.

Reasons:

1-South Korea = Under CQ we got a great record against them. I think three 1-0 victories in a row and we clearly got their number.
2-Uzbekistan = We can beat Uzbekistan home and away I just hope we avoid Saudis because every time we are in the same group as
Saudi we have struggled to qualify (failed to make it in 1994,2002,2010 and made it in 1998) . No question they are the shadow of the team of few years ago but still a bogey team.
3-I prefer China because them and South Korea hate each other and China would give it go in any circumstances against Koreans.
However UAE could do Gavbandi with other Arab teams in the group if they have nothing to play for.
4-Qatar = I just think Iraq are the better team with better players and always up for it against us.
5- Thailand= Worst team in the 3rd round.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2014
I'm hoping for a similar 2014 WCQ 3rd round group

Iran, South Korea, Uzbekistan, China, Qatar, Thailand.

Reasons:

1-South Korea = Under CQ we got a great record against them
2-Uzbekistan = We can beat Uzbekistan home and away and also every time we are in the same group as Saudi we don't progress.
3-I prefer China because them and South Korea hate each other and China would give it go in any circumstances against Koreans.
however UAE could do Gavbandi with other Arab teams in the group if they had nothing to play for.
4-Qatar = I just think Iraq are the better team with better players and always up for it against us.
5- Thailand= Worst team in the 3rd round.
I agree with your selection, except I want KSA instead of Uzbeks. I think Uzb. has a stronger team right now. Besides, it is always exciting to play KSA. And it will be a pleasure when their butts is kicked all the way back to Mecca.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
I agree with your selection, except I want KSA instead of Uzbeks. I think Uzb. has a stronger team right now. Besides, it is always exciting to play KSA. And it will be a pleasure when their butts is kicked all the way back to Mecca.
I edited my previous post after you sent this message.
Gaines our record against Saudis is not great. We were grouped together 4 times since 1994 failed to make it in 1994,2002,2010 and made it in 1998, and that was a tight squeeze against the Ozzies, also we wont have home advantage against them and the stupid Regime and Federation will prolly choose Oman(baraye khood shirini since they got a good relationship with Oman ''oh look we got an alliance with Gulf Arab country'') to host the match instead of choosing a central Asian country .. I bet Saudi will choose Bahrain to host their matches and we have to deal with all the jange ravani and psychological warfare by those filthy lizard eating Arabs I can see Bahraini fans with Saudi flags would bring bad memories of 2002 WC qualifier ... I just don't fancy them.

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Qatar wont be easy though, if they go 1-0 up they would dive all over the place and waste time for the rest of the match.
ugliest team in Asia along side Bahrain. Iraqi players wont do that.
[video=youtube;IfKvz0ITj38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfKvz0ITj38&nohtml5=False[/video]

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Almost the same group i was hoping for, instead of Thailand we got Syria :)

Group A confirmed

IRAN
S.KOREA
UZBEK
CHINA
QATAR
SYRIA

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Pretty much the best group we could get (Iraq instead of Qatar would've been even better), but there's no excuse to not finish in the top 2 for Iran. Anything less than that would be utter failure in this group.