This is what German reporter said about Iran during the match

Oct 18, 2002
"It is amazing to watch Iran playing, knowing that they rarely have any decent friendlies during the year. Furthermore, Germany was one of the rare teams which went to Tehran with full squad. Usually, Iran never play against strong opponents. Hence, it wonders me (German reporter) how they actually keep this pace during WC matches."

YOu know, he is absolutly right. Even that match against Russia and Brasil was not a real match as both teams could not play with their full squad as they were not during FIFA calendar.

Respect Team Melli

Mar 13, 2007
^^try to explain this to the gav o ghoosal on this forum who think we should have lost by 3-4 goals or they had explosive diarrhea watching iran play!!
kos o sher nagoo. No one cares about their lack of preparation, their lack of good diet or lack of facilities or etc. You made it to the big show thanks to the weakest qualifying group of all and you played like someone who came from the weakest qualifying group of all! so accept it and go and dont try to praise a pisspoor performance.

You played NIGERIA dummy! not brazil! in case you didnt know those basturds are probably poorer and less prepared than Iran.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
Thanks I also heard the ESPN reporters say that IFF doesnt have the money to spend on the Team!?
that is a shame...really.
we are stuck with bunch of careless idiots at the top and the people in middle are good and care a lot but their hands are tied in the back.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
The German reporters are not the only one ESPN and CBS sports talk radio was talking about that and it is a shame man. Imagine what Iran can do if they get to play just decent teams. Forget about Germany and Holland if they just play teams like USA and Turkey I'll take that. Bulgaria and Montenegro along with TNT hardly count bro. That is why I am so proud of Iran and the only reason why the Germans came over with their A squad is because Jurgen Klinsman had mercy on Iran it was after the Bam earthquake and the money raised from the game went to the victims. In a normal situation not only Germany but no top side will come to Tehran because of the politics and lack of funding. Where as tams like USA need to just worry about qualifying, teams like Iran need to not only qualify but their federation is a liability not an asset. Give the Germans all the credit in the world though they were nice enough to send their A team to Tehran.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
reza : both Russia and Brazil match was pretty full squad .
The win @ Russia was a surprise and that Arab linesman screwed us against Brazil that first goal which was waved offsides was clean. We should have lost to Brazil 3-1. The 1-0 win @ Russia was a pleasant surprise though. Russia even had Arshavin so ya they had a full squad and Brazil had a good team maybe not the A team but it was pretty full.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah. except for Russia had Arshavin.it was like playing with 10 men.

KGB missing person's report where is Arshavin? I expect more from a former Gunner. It's like for the first time I've seen him play the dude was a non factor he was physically there but he did not make an impact on the game. I think the Arshavin era for Russia is over they need to find younger talent to replace him sooner than later otherwise they will get banked in 2018.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
KGB missing person's report where is Arshavin? I expect more from a former Gunner. It's like for the first time I've seen him play the dude was a non factor he was physically there but he did not make an impact on the game. I think the Arshavin era for Russia is over they need to find younger talent to replace him sooner than later otherwise they will get banked in 2018.
You obviously missed a good chunk of Arsenal's games while on duty.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
This excuse that Iran plays crappy and doesn't know how to make two descent passes and hold on to the ball for more than 10 seconds because it hasn't played many friendly games is exactly that, an excuse. You think if TM had played friendly games against Germany, Brazil, England, Spain, Italy, etc that somehow their skills and technical abilities would have rubbed off on our players? If that were the case Israel, Cypress, and many other countries that play with Eurpoean teams would be world class football teams as well. But they're not simply because they either don't have the inherent talent or the infrastructure to train quality players. When shitty teams with mediocre players from mediocre leagues play with top rated teams they don't just magically get better they just simply lose and go on to lose their next match again and again against better teams. A case in example, China. In 2012-2013 they played friendlis with Spain, Sweden, Brazil, and Netherlands and lost all those games and then went on to lose in their WC qualifying as well and couldn't even finish in the top 5 teams in Asia.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
This excuse that Iran plays crappy and doesn't know how to make two descent passes and hold on to the ball for more than 10 seconds because it hasn't played many friendly games is exactly that, an excuse. You think if TM had played friendly games against Germany, Brazil, England, Spain, Italy, etc that somehow their skills and technical abilities would have rubbed off on our players? If that were the case Israel, Cypress, and many other countries that play with Eurpoean teams would be world class football teams as well. But they're not simply because they either don't have the inherent talent or the infrastructure to train quality players. When shitty teams with mediocre players from mediocre leagues play with top rated teams they don't just magically get better they just simply lose and go on to lose their next match again and again against better teams. A case in example, China. In 2012-2013 they played friendlis with Spain, Sweden, Brazil, and Netherlands and lost all those games and then went on to lose in their WC qualifying as well and couldn't even finish in the top 5 teams in Asia.
This is the most clueless post I have read in a while ...

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Don't get offended but you really don't know what you are talking about if you don't know the value of playing friendlies against world class opponents and then expect a team like Iran to walk into their first game in the world cup for 8 years and play like they are playing against a team in IPL .

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
[video=youtube;G7RgN9ijwE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4[/video]

Oct 18, 2002
This is not excuse at all. A team with bunch of talents can only get somewhere if they compete with certain teams like Italy, Spain, Germany.... Just look Japan and Korea. Look how many times during the year they compete with those teams.
China does it too, but the difference is that Iran has more talents as they have. I am certain a day will come that China will get better. They also have mismanagement and corruptions.
Especially the mental pressure during huge games like Nigeria can only be eliminated if they already played with big teams. One could see during the match that players were just too nervous especially during simple passing.
Anyways, hopefully it near future things change in Iran

Oct 18, 2002
reza : both Russia and Brazil match was pretty full squad .
Brazil did not have their full squad in Dubai.

This was the starting 11: Victor, Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, André Santos, Lucas, Ramires, Carlos Eduardo, Robinho, Alexandre Pato, Philippe Coutinho
And this was their squad during that time in copa de america Brasil versus Paraguay
GK 1 Júlio César
RB 13 Maicon Booked 60'
CB 3 Lúcio (c)
CB 4 Thiago Silva
LB 6 André Santos Booked 57'
CM 5 Lucas Leiva Red card 103'
CM 8 Ramires
RW 7 Robinho
AM 10 Ganso Substituted off 100'
LW 11 Neymar Substituted off 80'
CF 9 Alexandre Pato

I see five huge players not in the squad

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Good friendlies make a team more prepared and cohesive but won't change the fundamentals of a team. We really lacked both good preparation and friendlies. That is why our plays were so nervous.
I thought FIFA pays huge money for teams that qualify for world cup. Hamaro khordan lol