Thread for all World-cup 2018 Group stage matches , News , updates & Results

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I think Argentina line up is better this game and amazing goal by the man himself.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
@Bache Tehroon yet to see a save from DeGea to make me even consider him best keeper in the world !
I mean the guy was saying Nuer is the best GK of all time around the last WC, and now he says about DeGea, don't get me wrong both very good GK but not even close to Buffon. To me the best and most complete GK at the moment is Oblak and Nuer, De Gea is not too far behind though.

Oct 1, 2004
Absolutely no off-the-ball movement in this Argentine team. How the fuck is that even possible?
Its very similar to 2014, except Messi at that point singlehandedly took the team to the final.
Messi has to do the same again, but its exhausting and very difficult in today's football. Even Maradona wasn't this alone in 86 and 90.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Its very similar to 2014, except Messi at that point singlehandedly took the team to the final.
Messi has to do the same again, but its exhausting and very difficult in today's football. Even Maradona wasn't this alone in 86 and 90.
Messi didn't score a single goal after the group stage in 2014, if I remember right.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Messi didn't score a single goal after the group stage in 2014, if I remember right.
Yes, however, he assisted both goals of Di Maria and Higuain against Switzerland and Belgium, he also made two very good chances in the final which were missed by others. Messi was the most influential player in the last WC.