Ticket sales for 2018 FIFA World Cup™ to start on 14 September 2017

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I am thinking of going but need to put together an itinerary list. The cities are far from each other. Does anyone have any idea the cost of travel in Russia, and Lodging? The best ticket catagory for Iran is $200 each which is not bad. So that's $600 for the tickets. But I am trying to figure out the rest of the costs and how travel actually works in Russia between cities. I saw on FIFA Website they have these fan visas you need to get for Russia. It allows you to travel there without Visa and also security reasons and other benefits it gives. I know they put names on your tickets and say you have to use it yourself and can't transfer them but in the past my friends have bought them and sold them later when they could not go with no problem. So that factor with the tickets needs to also be kept in mind as we will not know which stadiums Iran will play in yet to fix the logistics aspect of it.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
l assume , Russia is much better and safer than Brazil. I could be wrong thou
It indeed is. Russia is a much more cultured, safer and a better host than a place like Brazil.

Too bad their football team is absolutely shit these days. This could've been a huge thing for them. They stand no chance though.

Someone said "Racist drunks"?! Shaking my head...

Crime rate in Russia is not even comparable to the shithole that Brazil has become.

Nov 24, 2002
It will be very expensive in Russia, but yes i also agree crime rate will never be close to Brazil. Even their own people don't feel safe in the most part of the country, the poverty level is crazy.

Oct 1, 2004
Russia, especially Moscow and St. Petersburg are apparently wonderful. But its very expensive. You have to be very wealthy or have local friends/family to really be able to travel without going bankrupt.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
It will be very expensive in Russia, but yes i also agree crime rate will never be close to Brazil. Even their own people don't feel safe in the most part of the country, the poverty level is crazy.
I was in Brazil for 3 weeks and didn't had a single problem. One thing was that we look a like. I mean most Iranian look like Brazilian or Spanish people so that's a plus side. Now going to Russia I know we don't look no Russian!!! any how I think it will be more expensive for people in North America to go to Russia than Brazil. But I think we will see lot of Iranians from Iran going there as its close and should be easy to get a Visa.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
It indeed is. Russia is a much more cultured, safer and a better host than a place like Brazil.

Too bad their football team is absolutely shit these days. This could've been a huge thing for them. They stand no chance though.

Someone said "Racist drunks"?! Shaking my head...

Crime rate in Russia is not even comparable to the shithole that Brazil has become.
dude they are!! Haven't you seen their Stadium and people chants, throwing Banana at African players and doing monkey gestures!! any how.

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-soccer-world-cup-racism-still-kicking/27174221.html

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Applied for TST-7 .. hopefully i get it.
as for Russia, there are racist idiots everywhere, how many games did the Italians had monkey chants for Balletoli ?
There are Crime everywhere 2 ... Use your brain, know your surrounding and you be safe !

Enjoy the games :)

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
I may buy only TST-3 for group stages. Also tickets could be refunded by FIFA close WC.

Team Specific Ticket Series (TST): TSTs are Ticket strips to follow the national team of your choice. The TST will not always comprise all Matches played by the chosen national team, but only the number of Matches comprised in the package which you have purchased. This means that, depending on which TSTs you applied for, your TSTs may include between three Matches (so called TST3 comprising only the three Group Matches) and seven Matches (so called TST7 comprising all Group Matches, a Round of 16 Match, a Quarter-Final, a Semi-Final and the Final) as explained in the Ticket Application Form. The TST purchased guarantees the customer Tickets for Matches of such rounds of the Competition comprised in the specific TST package purchased by the customer, regardless of whether the Team itself qualifies. The TST7 for any team comprises a Ticket for the Final held in Moscow Luzhniki Stadium. This is the case regardless whether or not the team of your choice will advance to the Final.
TST products are designed to allow you to follow the team of your choice and to enjoy the Competition throughout all Competition rounds selected in your TST product allowing you to plan your trip and confirm the round of Matches you will have Tickets to attend. If your team is eliminated and your TST includes rounds after your team has been eliminated, your TST will remain valid for such round or rounds dependent on the TST product of your choice to follow the team that progresses into the next round of the Competition.
Please note that the Ticket Application Form and the Ticket Confirmation will only identify the national team and the number of Matches of your choice and the purchase will include all Tickets comprised in the requested TST.
If your chosen team does not qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™, FIFA will refund the payment made by you for your TST minus an administration fee of 10.00 US Dollars (ten United States Dollars), or the equivalent in Russian Roubles.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Guys I am looking at flights from California to Saint Peters and its already at $1500 plus.... By the time the draw comes out I think it will be over 2K plus all the internal traveling that needs to take place. I am trying to figure out hotel costs too but there are too many unknown factors. If anyone can provide any information on logistics and hotels I would appreciate it. Russia is a huge country and we have to travel to at least to 3 cities for Iran that will be a bit tough too since we do not know which cities yet until the draw. Based on my calculations the trip for one would at least cost 6K or more for about 20 days.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Guys I am looking at flights from California to Saint Peters and its already at $1500 plus.... By the time the draw comes out I think it will be over 2K plus all the internal traveling that needs to take place. I am trying to figure out hotel costs too but there are too many unknown factors. If anyone can provide any information on logistics and hotels I would appreciate it. Russia is a huge country and we have to travel to at least to 3 cities for Iran that will be a bit tough too since we do not know which cities yet until the draw. Based on my calculations the trip for one would at least cost 6K or more for about 20 days.
Depends on how much you wanna spend .... but no , it will be WAY less than 6K, I have strong connections to Russia (having lived in Ukraine) when its determined where iran plays, i can provide more info.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Applied for TST-7 .. hopefully i get it.
as for Russia, there are racist idiots everywhere, how many games did the Italians had monkey chants for Balletoli ?
There are Crime everywhere 2 ... Use your brain, know your surrounding and you be safe !

Enjoy the games :)
Great. I'll buy them from you if you can't go :)
I forgot to tell you that I ended up selling Argentina - Switzerland tickets for $2500.00 each which paid for my entire trip and then some.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I am thinking of going but need to put together an itinerary list. The cities are far from each other. Does anyone have any idea the cost of travel in Russia, and Lodging? The best ticket catagory for Iran is $200 each which is not bad. So that's $600 for the tickets. But I am trying to figure out the rest of the costs and how travel actually works in Russia between cities. I saw on FIFA Website they have these fan visas you need to get for Russia. It allows you to travel there without Visa and also security reasons and other benefits it gives. I know they put names on your tickets and say you have to use it yourself and can't transfer them but in the past my friends have bought them and sold them later when they could not go with no problem. So that factor with the tickets needs to also be kept in mind as we will not know which stadiums Iran will play in yet to fix the logistics aspect of it.
If Pooya jan has the connects I would seriously go to him because Moscow and St Pete are very expensive. I remember with government discounts the price was $350 a night. Pooya jan I might not be able to get my hands on tickets and afford a trip this time but I will keep you in mind, next time I want to go to Russia. You have to do planning like you mentioned the cities are far away it's about a 7-8 hour train ride from Moscow to St Pete or you can take an hr flight. That is the problem with Russia and it is expensive. You can get plane tickets from US to Russia for $1,500 during normal times but I am not so sure how much will you spend for the World Cup, that is going to be your biggest expense. Pooya jan might have connections in Russia but you will probably pay around $3,000 for tickets I am guessing.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Depends on how much you wanna spend .... but no , it will be WAY less than 6K, I have strong connections to Russia (having lived in Ukraine) when its determined where iran plays, i can provide more info.
??
Pooya jan if that is the case then I would like to get some information as well. If you are flying from the US to Russia, you can get tickets for $1,500 during normal times but keep in mind everything will be doubled for the World Cup. I also remembered hotels were very expensive. I might not go for the World Cup but next time I want to go to Russia, I will hit you up if you have the hook up.

Last edited: