TM (discussion about politics)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Hello friend,
Traditionally, the TM page on the football forum was concentrating on the game, please keep that thread for that purpose and talk about politics of TM here.

Last edited:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Everything about IR is political. Sports, sex, environment, heck even AC Roma's logo. How long can you discuss 442 vs 4231 and BS like that about an IR team?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Everything about IR is political. Sports, sex, environment, heck even AC Roma's logo. How long can you discuss 442 vs 4231 and BS like that about an IR team?
Zob Ahan Jan, I am trying to find a solution to make everyone happy. I am just one person trying to make my job easier. I can't read every discussion, I am getting exhausted. This is easier for me.
Thanks

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Vala goozidan ham tuye Iran political hast. LoL

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Well then don't discuss about football tactics 442 v 433 and the bullshit technical side of it and come here and pour your heart out...

Leave the bullshit technical stuff of football and team melli for those who like to...

It's called rules ,regulations and law and order .

Seperate forums to avoid conflict of interest.

Learn what democracy is before prescribing and pretending to stand and fight for it.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
So you’re saying not only what people CAN’T say on other forums, but things that they CAN say on this forum too?!
Sounds pretty close to stifling free speech to me!
Not if you read the rules of the forum and I didn't make them , just pointing it out.

It written on the top of the football Forum STRICTLY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION.

And on top of general forum it says talk about anything you like but be nice to each other.
Hope it makes it clear to you I am not forcing anything to anyone here ,just pointing it out the rules.

Last edited:

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
Personally, I find if people say something that is important and resonates with people, they make a contribution too and before you know it there is a meaningful discussion and perchance we learn something from it.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Personally, I find if people say something that is important and resonates with people, they make a contribution too and before you know it there is a meaningful discussion and perchance we learn something from it.
Well in an ideal world but in reality it doesn't work , you get conflict of interest and like today a valued member like ME gets so upset that decides to leave after 23 years 😕
Many others done the same , I almost did but was obliged by the request of a dear friend not to and I couldn't bring myself to let him down.

ME is a very valuable member and been around for a long time and he actually is very vocal about the current affairs going on back home .

It will be a great loss to lose him 😢

Nov 29, 2002
I think we need to be open-minded here.

It's absolutely fine to not support or even hate Team Melli/IR Iran/Iran/Mullah team or however it is seen by the individual.
This is only toop bazi, it isn't the blood of kids on the street which we are seeingf every day.

It should be fine to feel conflicted and hope that something happens which helps the revolution, even if that's naive....
Overt happiness in the current situation for me feels very wrong and can and should be called out, respectfully, if the person is quite about the situation in iran.

I personally think it is fine to mix football and politics in the football forum, as long as we don't personally insult fellow members. It is a shame to lose a member who has been here since the late 90s.

These are unique and challenging times for everyone emotionally, psychologically.

Last edited:

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
I think we need to be open-minded here.

It's absolutely fine to not support or even hate Team Melli/IR Iran/Iran/Mullah team or however it is seen by the individual.
This is only toop bazi, it isn't the blood of kids on the street which we are seeingf every day.

It should be fine to feel conflicted and hope that something happens which helps the revolution, even if that's naive....

I personally think it is fine to mix football and politics in the football forum, as long as we don't personally insult fellow members. It is a shame to lose a member who has been here since the late 90s.

These are unique and challenging times for everyone emotionally, psychologically.
Football & TM like most popular teams of league if not all are under seize. If someone refuses to see this they are delusional. Be it same thread or separate. This is like having a section for infants (TM fans) at a party for now.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
I don’t want THIS team to be the first Iranian team to get to the second round of a World Cup. If they beat the US, I will remain conflicted. If they don’t, I won’t lose sleep over it.

Unlike what ME argued, I now believe booing the team in the first game and bi-sharaf chants was the right thing to do and did achieve a result. The result is the affirmation that if you have a platform and social status, there is subsequent expectation at a time like this and people will keep tab on you. This is no different than other countries and other celebrities. That realization is important at a time when values are being settled and fought for in a society.