TM Iran Information Thread

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well two things yes Iran's performance in the 2nd half was MUCH BETTR, that means Skokic is a good tactician.
They made adjustments in the UAE game as well. Korea pass the ball with the purpose but the story of Korea has always been,
they are good at creating many opportunities but they do not capitalize on most of them.
Overall, it is what it is a tie is a tie and we did enough to salvage something, onto the next game.
Football is unpredictable, doesn't mean necessarily Korea will beat Iran in korea and I expect them to have another slip up, like with Iraq.
Sad when the politics of religion ruin football. How ironic the stadium is named Azadi freedom but there is no freedom for Iranian women, only men. Huge advantage for Korea basically, they were playing in a neutral country/ stadium because it was empty. They might of well have played the game in Bahrain or Bhutan.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
1. Best player in Iran: Ezatollahi

2. Positivies:
We came back nicely.
Had two good shots which hit the post.
Better overall passing game compared to before.

3. Negatives:
A. Iran's lousy defense was more visible in this game.

B. Our one and only game plan: pass the ball to Azmoun or Taremi and hope for them to do a miracle.

Overall, we are becoming too dependent on Azmoun and Taremi upfront and it shows by all the long balls aiming their heads. Rarely any other variation in our attack is being tried.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
i think Iran played better in the 2nd half.just like the last game against UAE.
Korea's pressing was impressive in the first half.
I wonder if Tehran's altitude had something to do with the performance of the Korean side in the second half. I had been wondering about it when the match started.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
it is ok if nobody responds to my analysis or posts I think overall Jahanbaksh, Ezogalli and Azmoun played well, of course
when others say the same thing, people resend but we did enough to salvage the tie and Iran played better in the 2nd half.
What do you think about the game Team Meli?
I think when I say Ezotalli and Taremi were unlucky to hit the cross bar maybe one or two nice people respond, when Sly jan. Shahram or others say the same thing, many people resend, it is what it is. I am being topical, have a knowledge of the game and know this team well C'est la vie
Also Shahram jan I think our players are used to the altitude of Azadi by now, at least they should be, including Taremi
Definitely playing in an empty stadium was an advantage for Korea, i won't get into the politics.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
Korea has always been a tough opponent and with an empty stadium we had no "home advantage" which is usually a big factor when we play these guys. I like the overall growth of our team. The fact that we are now deploying standards that are part of the modern game, instead of the old habits like kick the ball aimlessly to opponents half when attacked :) It is understandable that we rely on Azmoun and Taremi. These guys are our studs and they are supposed to be our focus when attacking. So far they have proven their worth and barring an unfortunate accident, they maybe the best forward combo we have ever had since I remember watching TM for the past 45 years.
Overall we have been playing well and the unbeaten streak along with an almost clean sheet is indication of the potential of this team. Defense could use some coaching but that is addressable once we have made it to the WC finals.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
I wonder if Tehran's altitude had something to do with the performance of the Korean side in the second half. I had been wondering about it when the match started.
Yeah. that and i think the pressing they did in the first half took quite a bit of energy out of them in the 2nd half. not much of pressing in the 2nd half by Koreans.

It was difficult to get out of Korean press in the first half , and we did manage to beat the press we then lost the ball too easily too many times.

Last edited:

spinhead

Elite Member
Oct 24, 2002
United States of Amnesia
Moharrami and nourollahi don’t belong.
Exatollahi mvp of Iranian squad.
I agree with Ezzatollahi being MVP
Moharrami had a bad game but I wouldn't go as far as saying he doesn't belong. We don't have a better player in that position at the moment.
Nourallahi had an OK game and also I wouldn't say the he doesn't belong. He's a very hard worker.

spinhead

Elite Member
Oct 24, 2002
United States of Amnesia
Korea has always been a tough opponent and with an empty stadium we had no "home advantage" which is usually a big factor when we play these guys. I like the overall growth of our team. The fact that we are now deploying standards that are part of the modern game, instead of the old habits like kick the ball aimlessly to opponents half when attacked :) It is understandable that we rely on Azmoun and Taremi. These guys are our studs and they are supposed to be our focus when attacking. So far they have proven their worth and barring an unfortunate accident, they maybe the best forward combo we have ever had since I remember watching TM for the past 45 years.
Overall we have been playing well and the unbeaten streak along with an almost clean sheet is indication of the potential of this team. Defense could use some coaching but that is addressable once we have made it to the WC finals.
Good point about not having the spectators today. Makes a big difference.