TM Iran Information Thread

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
You always move forward when everything in a system works well. Not when you have lots of problems. And by the way, selecting an unknown coach who show lots of weaknesses in his games and tactics, is not really moving forward, even in a perfect system.

CQ failing in Columbia and Egypt which is a totally irrelevant argument, is getting old.

The guy took Egypt to two continental finals and lost on penalties to a line up which had 5 times the value on Transfermarkt?

And since he left Egypt has lost to Ethiopia 4-1, has lost almost every game

Just look at the comments from these Egyptian fans on his facebook and twitter

https://fb.watch/dNazvNFuqt/

Just go any site (twitter/facebook) and read the torrent comments. Are all these fans crazy? If he failed at Egypt then what is happening, are we in a parallel universe?

If he failed why are Egyptians even more desperate than Iranian fans to have him back?

Maybe the realistic situation is that teams like Iran and Egypt now have much less talent than they had in their glory days (40 and 10 years ago) and most fans recognise that without being so ridiculously obtuse with things like "2006 vs 2014/only stats matter" etc... (when we had two squads which were absolutely poles apart in terms of experience, european pedigree etc...)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
As far as I am concerned anybody who is successful in his job remain in his job. Skocic has been successful and qualified TM to WC and TM was first in its group - first team from ASIA to qualify. He became the coach of TM when TM were losing games with low option to qualify for WC. It is not a good practice to change or fire a successful coach.
In normal situations yes, I would have agreed with you. but when you realize (maybe you didn't) the coach is only good for Asian competition and that he's too small for stronger opponents, specially for the WC, you have to change the coach. Specially in a country when its football federation cannot do anything beneficial even if their lives depended on it.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
But even if we win all our matches you'll just say this was all because of the fruits of CQ or some nonsense like that.

Basically for you guys, CQ is the greatest and that's it. The rest is just about how to shift the narrative to make it fit.

Literal cult mentality that seems to be stemming from some half baked confused political ideology that has nothing to do with football in the first place.
I actually think the opposite is true for you. If we lose all our games, I will be waiting for your lame excuses and how nothing was Skocic's fault.

To me if that happens (very possible), I'd hold him less responsible than you pro-Skocic people who fell into IR's trap and promoted him.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The guy took Egypt to two continental finals and lost on penalties to a line up which had 5 times the value on Transfermarkt?

And since he left Egypt has lost to Ethiopia 4-1, has lost almost every game

Just look at the comments from these Egyptian fans on his facebook and twitter

https://fb.watch/dNazvNFuqt/

Just go any site (twitter/facebook) and read the torrent comments. Are all these fans crazy? If he failed at Egypt then what is happening, are we in a parallel universe?

If he failed why are Egyptians even more desperate than Iranian fans to have him back?

Maybe the realistic situation is that teams like Iran and Egypt now have much less talent than they had in their glory days (40 and 10 years ago) and most fans recognise that without being so ridiculously obtuse with things like "2006 vs 2014/only stats matter" etc... (when we had two squads which were absolutely poles apart in terms of experience, european pedigree etc...)
Yek seri in masael ro dark nemikonan jenab. In masael dark kardan mikhad.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
In normal situations yes, I would have agreed with you. but when you realize (maybe you didn't) the coach is only good for Asian competition and that he's too small for stronger opponents, specially for the WC, you have to change the coach. Specially in a country when its football federation cannot do anything beneficial even if their lives depended on it.
I see it a normal situation with a winning coach in ASIA - he took over after TM lost to Bahrain and Iraq. Remember CQ in 2014 WC after 3 years coaching of TM only got one point out of three games and TM became 4th in its group.
I agree with a coach change if we get a top experience coach from top clubs that is willing to stay to develop TM for few years - not failed CQ recently in Columbia and Egypt. Any other short period coach will be risky and TM may not get result.

Last edited:

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
از كى كميته المپيك بازى جور ميكنه؟
اين هم شايد برگى قهوه اى دگر در سريال بل شت گوئى حريف تداركاتى

ادامه بازيهاى ليگ اروپا در فيفا دى بعدى
بازى با مجارستان

عرض نكردم بل شت است

مدیر رسانه‌ای تیم ملی فوتبال کشورمان اعلام کرد بازی تدارکاتی با مجارستان در برنامه‌های آماده‌سازی این تیم نیست. به گزارش خبرگزاری تسنیم، محمد جماعت مدیر رسانه‌ای تیم ملی فوتبال کشورمان در توئیتی ضمن اعلام مطلب فوق نوشت: «با توجه به فیفادی‌های پیش رو تا زمان برگزاری جام جهانی قطر، برگزاری دیدار دوستانه تیم ملی کشورمان با تیم مجارستان غیرممکن و نشدنی است. اخبار دقیق و صحیح درباره تیم ملی توسط فدراسیون فوتبال اطلاع‌رسانی می‌شود».

Oct 18, 2010
I mentioned this earlier that it is up the TM players and I say it again. For any team to perform well, the players have to trust and believe in their coach.
As long as that trust and belief is there, TM will perform well. But, without that trust and belief, you can expect chaos as soon as something goes wrong.
it's the coach that selects the players not the other way around :ROFLMAO:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I see it a normal situation with a winning coach in ASIA - he took over after TM lost to Bahrain and Iraq. Remember CQ in 2014 WC after 3 years coaching of TM only got one point out of three games and TM became 4th in its group.
I agree with a coach change if we get a top experience coach from top clubs that is willing to stay to develop TM for few years - not failed CQ recently in Columbia and Egypt. Any other short period coach will be risky and TM may not get result.
The difference is, CQ in 2014 did not have any half a$$ talents to work with. He had to bring in Dejagah and Gucci to strengthen his team a little. Skocic took over a team that contained lots of fine stars delivered to him on a plate by CQ.

I guess you continue this irrelevant argument about CQ in Egypt and Columbia. Then you should enjoy our fantastic WC preparation under Skocic and our great performances against the likes of mighty Algeria B.

Sometimes I think we did not deserve the 2018 preparation that CQ made sure we had. We did not deserve our great performances in that WC against the giants of football which made the whole world to have huge respect for Iran. What we really deserve is the quality we had in the WC 2006 and the one we seem to be going to have this time around.

Last edited:

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
The difference is, CQ in 2014 did not have any half a$$ talents to work with. He had to bring in Dejagah and Gucci to strengthen his team a little. Skocic took over a team that contained lots of fine stars delivered to him on a plate by CQ.

I guess you continue this irrelevant argument about CQ in Egypt and Columbia. Then you should enjoy our fantastic WC preparation under Skocic and our great performances against the likes of mighty Algeria B.

Sometimes I think we did not deserve the 2018 preparation that CQ made sure we had. We did not deserve our great performances in that WC against the giants of football which made the whole world to have huge respect for Iran. What we really deserve is the quality we had in the WC 2006 and the one we seem to be going to have this time around.
As I said CQ failed recently as a coach - his defensive tactics failed in Columbia and Egypt. He could not win Asian cup with TM during eight years with TM.
He is not a good option for TM to coach TM for WC .
We always had talents in Iran and goes back to 1980's - I remember how talented Hamid Alidoosti was but TM did not qualified for WC. CQ failed in 2014 WC after three years coaching TM. He had many talents in midfield and defense during 2014 WC.
Sometimes we had more talents in midfield and defense where we have more strikers talents now.
TM have less talents in defense area now that coaching staff should work on it.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
As I said CQ failed recently as a coach - his defensive tactics failed in Columbia and Egypt. He could not win Asian cup with TM during eight years with TM.
He is not a good option for TM to coach TM for WC .
We always had talents in Iran and goes back to 1980's - I remember how talented Hamid Alidoosti was but TM did not qualified for WC. CQ failed in 2014 WC after three years coaching TM. He had many talents in midfield and defense during 2014 WC.
Sometimes we had more talents in midfield and defense where we have more strikers talents now.
One of the best player in Iran (Sardar) says he is the best option, that is it, no need for debate :D

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Hummmmm....because Skocic failed to build on what CQ created in our defense? Changing WC experienced Hosseini and Pouraliganji with Kanaanizadegan and specially Khalilzadeh as our starters, is a major sign you Skocic supporters fail to see.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Hummmmm....because Skocic failed to build on what CQ created in our defense? Changing WC experienced Hosseini and Pouraliganji with Kanaanizadegan and specially Khalilzadeh is a major sign you Skocic supporters fail to see.
This idea that this team was built with another coach is like comical
Germany won the world cup and destroyed Brazil in Brazil
and lost against Korea with the same coach and players ...
Italy won Euro and didn't even qualify for world cup and ....
You understand every tournament everything goes back to zero