TM Iran Information Thread

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
Majid Hosseini and ezatollahi seem to be unanimous choices.
PAG , if returning to form in time-a big if, will be there too.
Had high hopes for S. Yazdani the way he started last season but his untimely exile to malavan and not playing since ,puts him in similar shoes as PAG.
I have a feeling that Omid Ebrahimi would be a better pair for exatollahi than light of god dude.Never cares for his game. Although ghodos is mainly o- mid , but I recall him having played at D mid, and did a relatively decent job.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Had high hopes for S. Yazdani the way he started last season but his untimely exile to malavan and not playing since ,puts him in similar shoes as PAG.
Agreed. Yazdani played a few minutes against UAE in WCQ second leg.

I have a feeling that Omid Ebrahimi would be a better pair for exatollahi than light of god dude.Never cares for his game.
Agreed. Ebrahimi is a better tackler and better play-reader. Noorollahi is a few years younger. both are yellow card-prone,which is a concern in World Cup against speedy and physical oppositions.

Although ghodos is mainly o- mid , but I recall him having played at D mid, and did a relatively decent job.
Yes. he came on against UAE (WCQ 2nd leg in Tehran) after Moharrami was red carded with that magnificent tackle. he did well defensively and also did well with ball possession to maintain Iran's 1-0 lead over UAE.

اخراج محرمی در ابتدای نیمه دوم بازی مقابل امارات

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/245861/اخراج-محرمی-در-ابتدای-نیمه-دوم

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Please list any top coaches in WC 2022 teams that you accept based on your top standards of coaches.
Is USA national team coach a top coach with so many years of experience to manage USA in WC 2022? Or Argentina & Japan coaches - local coaches with no experience than coaching national teams.
My standard is if a coach has a winning record like Skocic should stay as the head coach of the national team. The same as USA, Argentina and Japan.
You need to realize all those countries have proper football federations, clubs, youth program, etc. All their players are real professionals! So are their coaches. Their players don't need much coaching like our players do. They have learned their football properly already from the age of 5. You cannot compare any of those teams with Iran. And I repeat this again since it's so important.....the WC is and should not be a place for trials and errors. That should have been done way before that.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I totally agree with Majid Hosseini to be our regular CB.

Players who should be excluded from TM:
Moharrami (not TM material)
Khalilzadeh (not TM material)
Light of God (bench player at best)
Hajisafi (bench player at best)

Unfortunately Omid Ebrahimi seems to be our best option again to play beside Ezzatollahi in the CDM.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Although ghodos is mainly o- mid , but I recall him having played at D mid, and did a relatively decent job.
SG's last game in EPL where he got injured, played right defense and did a great job. I am no saying to use him as Right Defense, but definitely a good candidate since our RD's are not working out well.

Feb 4, 2005
Ghoddoos main position is attacking midfielder.

Omid Ebrahimi can play as DM. he somewhat played that role in the 2nd half against Algeria when Skocic changed from back 4 to back 3. Sarlak is a remote option.
Forgot about Omid. Not sure though if he is as good as 2018. Cannot be worse than noor though

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
How do we rate coaches? based on the RESULTS they achieve? or is there another criteria. I think before deciding who is better than who, we need to decide what criteria we are going to use to compare coaches?
As said before, CQ got 4 points in the last WC. Anything less than that CQ > Skocic. Very simple!
That may be but with CQ we progressed in 2018. With Skocic we want to remain at least on the same place and definitely not regress. You guys wanted to keep him so this is the least you must have had as a reason for it!

Ps. That is in fact your logic. You're the one who want to look at numbers and results only. For me there are millions of things that make CQ superior to anyone we've had until now!
Weren't you the one saying CQ did not achieve anything in any WC? That he didn't take us to the second round? These are your views. I'm just trying to play by your own rules, even though I think it's very wrong to look at things that way!
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
You need to realize all those countries have proper football federations, clubs, youth program, etc. All their players are real professionals! So are their coaches. Their players don't need much coaching like our players do. They have learned their football properly already from the age of 5. You cannot compare any of those teams with Iran. And I repeat this again since it's so important.....the WC is and should not be a place for trials and errors. That should have been done way before that.
I agree a good federation is a facor. But I am not sure many countries in World Cup 2022 have proper federations. Are all African teams like Ghana & Tunsia have proper federation? Or extremist ruler in Brazil has proper Federation.
Most of the teams were qualified based on their players talents.
Coaches and Federations were second and third reasons for their qualifications and winning records.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
My recommendation to TM coaching:
Due to no warm up games in sight get contracts with Artificial intelegence (AI) consultants to design with differnt models TM formation for all three game in WC 2022.
In addition, AI consultants can find-out the weaknesses of all three teams in TM group.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2014
My recommendation to TM coaching:
Due to no warm up games in sight get contracts with Artificial intelegence (AI) consultants to design TM formation for all three game in WC 2022.
In addition, AI consultants can find-out the weaknesses of all three teams in TM group.
Not sure if you are joking or not. But there are a few small companies who are using AI/Data science for analysis of sports and sports strategies. One of them was recently acquired by Arsenal . I am sure some national teams are utilizing these capabilities. I put the link here, so everyone knows where this info is coming from;)

Arsenal’s ‘secret’ signing: club buys £2m revolutionary data company
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rust-arsene-wenger-army-statdna-data-analysts

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Not sure if you are joking or not. But there are a few small companies who are using AI/Data science for analysis of sports and sports strategies. One of them was recently acquired by Arsenal . I am sure some national teams are utilizing these capabilities. I put the link here, so everyone knows where this info is coming from;)

Arsenal’s ‘secret’ signing: club buys £2m revolutionary data company
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rust-arsene-wenger-army-statdna-data-analysts
I am not kidding. I know England may use it.
Football Analytics | Deep Learning | Computer Vision | Artificial Intelligence - YouTube

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
گزارش نشریه سان انگلیس درباره بحران در کادر فنی تیم ملی ایران
یک نشریه انگلیسی درباره گمانه‌زنی‌های صورت گرفته پیرامون آینده کادر فنی تیم ملی کشورمان گزارشی منتشر کرده است.

یک نشریه انگلیسی درباره گمانه‌زنی‌های صورت گرفته پیرامون آینده کادر فنی تیم ملی کشورمان گزارشی منتشر کرده است. به گزارش خبرگزاری تسنیم، نشریه سان چاپ لندن درباره احتمال برکناری دراگان اسکوچیچ سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال ایران و گمانه‌زنی‌هایی که راجع به جانشینان احتمالی وی صورت گرفته است گزارشی منتشر و بر همین اساس وضعیت رقیب خود در مرحله گروهی جام جهانی ۲۰۲۲ قطر را بحرانی توصیف کرده است.
سان در این گزارش نوشته است: رقیب انگلیس در فاصله تنها پنج ماه مانده به بازی‌اش مقابل این تیم در جام جهانی در شرایطی متلاطم قرار گرفته است، چرا که گفته می‌شود سرمربی‌اش دراگان اسکوچیچ در آستانه اخراج است. اسکوچیچ کروات با کسب ۱۰ پیروزی متوالی ایران را به جام جهانی رساند، اما باخت‌های این تیم برابر کره جنوبی در ابتدای سال و پس از آن مقابل الجزایر باعث افزایش نارضایتی از عملکرد این مرد ۵۳ ساله شده است. طبق خبرهایی که از تهران به گوش می‌رسد، هافبک سابق لاس‌پالماس هفته گذشته یک مشاجره تند ۹۰ دقیقه‌ای با میرشاد ماجدی سرپرست فدراسیون فوتبال ایران داشته است. از این رو گفته می‌شود که فرآیند برکناری اسکوچیچ و برگرداندن سرمربی سابق تیم کارلوس کی‌روش ۶۹ ساله آغاز شده است.
سان در ادامه آورده است: در همین حال شنیده می‌شود که بحث درباره این موضوع به مقامات بالاتر تا حتی رئیس جمهور کشور ابراهیم رئیسی رسیده است. از قرار معلوم حمید سجاد وزیر ورزش ایران هم به استخدام دوباره کی‌روش تمایل دارد و تصور می‌شود که او با شش تن از بازیکنان ارشد تیم از جمله بال سابق برایتون، علیرضا جهانبخش درباره آینده کادر فنی صحبت کرده است. کارلوس کی‌روش مربی سابق منچستریونایتد، کسی است که هشت سال هدایت تیم ملی ایران را برعهده داشت و سال ۲۰۱۹ تیم ملی را ترک کرد. اسکوچیچ هم کسی است که قبل از قبول هدایت تیم ملی ایران در سال ۲۰۲۰، در چهار باشگاه این کشور مربیگری کرد. او پیش از این در کشورهای کرواسی، اسلوونی، کویت و عربستان سعودی هم مربیگری کرده است.
فوتبالی‌ترین | گزارش نشریه سان انگلیس درباره بحران در کادر فنی تیم ملی ایران (footballitarin.com)
So English media like to change TM coach!

Dec 30, 2014
گزارش نشریه سان انگلیس درباره بحران در کادر فنی تیم ملی ایران
یک نشریه انگلیسی درباره گمانه‌زنی‌های صورت گرفته پیرامون آینده کادر فنی تیم ملی کشورمان گزارشی منتشر کرده است.

یک نشریه انگلیسی درباره گمانه‌زنی‌های صورت گرفته پیرامون آینده کادر فنی تیم ملی کشورمان گزارشی منتشر کرده است. به گزارش خبرگزاری تسنیم، نشریه سان چاپ لندن درباره احتمال برکناری دراگان اسکوچیچ سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال ایران و گمانه‌زنی‌هایی که راجع به جانشینان احتمالی وی صورت گرفته است گزارشی منتشر و بر همین اساس وضعیت رقیب خود در مرحله گروهی جام جهانی ۲۰۲۲ قطر را بحرانی توصیف کرده است.
سان در این گزارش نوشته است: رقیب انگلیس در فاصله تنها پنج ماه مانده به بازی‌اش مقابل این تیم در جام جهانی در شرایطی متلاطم قرار گرفته است، چرا که گفته می‌شود سرمربی‌اش دراگان اسکوچیچ در آستانه اخراج است. اسکوچیچ کروات با کسب ۱۰ پیروزی متوالی ایران را به جام جهانی رساند، اما باخت‌های این تیم برابر کره جنوبی در ابتدای سال و پس از آن مقابل الجزایر باعث افزایش نارضایتی از عملکرد این مرد ۵۳ ساله شده است. طبق خبرهایی که از تهران به گوش می‌رسد، هافبک سابق لاس‌پالماس هفته گذشته یک مشاجره تند ۹۰ دقیقه‌ای با میرشاد ماجدی سرپرست فدراسیون فوتبال ایران داشته است. از این رو گفته می‌شود که فرآیند برکناری اسکوچیچ و برگرداندن سرمربی سابق تیم کارلوس کی‌روش ۶۹ ساله آغاز شده است.
سان در ادامه آورده است: در همین حال شنیده می‌شود که بحث درباره این موضوع به مقامات بالاتر تا حتی رئیس جمهور کشور ابراهیم رئیسی رسیده است. از قرار معلوم حمید سجاد وزیر ورزش ایران هم به استخدام دوباره کی‌روش تمایل دارد و تصور می‌شود که او با شش تن از بازیکنان ارشد تیم از جمله بال سابق برایتون، علیرضا جهانبخش درباره آینده کادر فنی صحبت کرده است. کارلوس کی‌روش مربی سابق منچستریونایتد، کسی است که هشت سال هدایت تیم ملی ایران را برعهده داشت و سال ۲۰۱۹ تیم ملی را ترک کرد. اسکوچیچ هم کسی است که قبل از قبول هدایت تیم ملی ایران در سال ۲۰۲۰، در چهار باشگاه این کشور مربیگری کرد. او پیش از این در کشورهای کرواسی، اسلوونی، کویت و عربستان سعودی هم مربیگری کرده است.
فوتبالی‌ترین | گزارش نشریه سان انگلیس درباره بحران در کادر فنی تیم ملی ایران (footballitarin.com)
So English media like to change TM coach!
Also from THE SUN: Woman with big boobs trolled for flaunting them.

Its best not to take them too seriously!!! Nobody else does.
1656003772483.png

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I agree a good federation is a facor. But I am not sure many countries in World Cup 2022 have proper federations. Are all African teams like Ghana & Tunsia have proper federation? Or extremist ruler in Brazil has proper Federation.
Most of the teams were qualified based on their players talents.
Coaches and Federations were second and third reasons for their qualifications and winning records.
Most of those Ghana players play in Europe, some of them in top teams in the world dude! You can't even mention their names together with Iranian players. Tunisia is probably the only team comparable to Iran. But what is your point? You found a team in the WC that is as lousy as Iran? It is still not a reason to keep, for the WC, an unfit coach.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Most of those Ghana players play in Europe, some of them in top teams in the world dude! You can't even mention their names together with Iranian players. Tunisia is probably the only team comparable to Iran. But what is your point? You found a team in the WC that is as lousy as Iran? It is still not a reason to keep, for the WC, an unfit coach.
As I said previously TM coach is not unfit. He qualified a losing team to World Cup with a winning record. I listed other winning coaches in other countries for reference and without much experience. I do not know what is behind propagand of recent losser CQ in Columbia and Egypt to become TM coach.
If you get a top experienced coach I would have agreed with. But even any top coach may not perform well in WC 2022.

Feb 4, 2005
The only ways I can see this team can improve is to add 1-2 competent/knowledgeable coaches (too late to replace anyway) to the coaching staff, shut down the joke that is Iranian Premier league as of October to have the domestic players in a camp for a full month and work on them (physical strengthening, psychological, VAR training, reminding them that unlike in Iran league, constantly yelling at referee's face will lead to red card, tactics ...). Then add the legionnaires to the group for two weeks and hopefully have two good friendlies and then we will have a good chance of having a respectable showing. CQ won't be invited and he will take a HUGE risk if he is invited and accepts it.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
As I said previously TM coach is not unfit. He qualified a losing team to World Cup with a winning record. I listed other winning coaches in other countries for reference and without much experience. I do not know what is behind propagand of recent losser CQ in Columbia and Egypt to become TM coach.
If you get a top experienced coach I would have agreed with. But even any top coach may not perform well in WC 2022.
When it comes to a top coach, I agree with you. But CQ, despite his supposedly lack of achievements else where (highly doubtful for Egypt), has already proved he is fantastic for Iran. He made sure we got a proper preparation, a flawless defense, great attack when needed (I know he was mostly defensive minded) and overall, relatively strong showing against some of the world giants in football. For Iran with such a lousy system and football federation, in addition to relatively amateur players, that is something no other coach has ever achieved. And THAT is what really matters. Not winning against Syria and Lebanon.

Skocic is a very nice person and I like him a lot. But so far he has failed to make sure we have a proper preparation by thinking like the rest of the world that it is the federation's job to make sure of that. Unfortunately that mentality doesn't work in Iran. Add to that highly shaky defense line and no real tactics for attack, and he doesn't give you the confidence that he is the man for the job.

Last edited:

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
When it comes to a top coach, I agree with you. But CQ, despite his supposedly lack of achievements else where (highly doubtful for Egypt), has already proved he is fantastic for Iran. He made sure we got a proper preparation, a flawless defense, great attack when needed (I know he was mostly defensive minded) and overall, relatively strong showing against some of the world giants in football. For Iran with such a lousy system and football federation, in addition to relatively amateur players, that is something no other coach has ever achieved. And THAT is what really matters. Not winning against Syria and Lebanon.

Skocic is a very nice person and I like him a lot. But so far he has failed to make sure we have a proper preparation by thinking like the rest of the world that it is the federation's job to make sure of that. Unfortunately that mentality doesn't work in Iran. Add to that highly shaking defense line and no real tactics for attack, and he doesn't give you the confidence that he is the man for the job.
I do not agree about your assesment of CQ. He never could win Asian Cup for TM. His tactics was not working against many top Asian teams. In his first world cup only TM could got one point out of three games. His defensive style of play will not get TM to the next round of WC. That is why CQ failed in Columbia and Egypt. Specially in Columbia with his tactics. He could not adjust to Columbia team.
At the end I recommend Skocic to resign from TM and get better job with his record and let CQ loss in WC!

Last edited: