• Shojaei
  • Jahanbakhsh
  • Ansarifard
  • Haghighi
  • Teymourian
  • Ghoochannejhad
  • Beitashour
  • Dejagah
(I am not sure) and too tired to look it up, but I have a feeling Iran had more European based players in 2014 vs 2006.
regardless, lets assume both teams were there same, then both are achievements, then CQ = Branko! :) Again, what has he done to be considered the best coach of Iran!
Beitashour? Haghighi? Heydari? LOL...come on dude.....when we name Mahdavikia, Ali Karimi, etc. we are talking about some of the best Iranian players in history!!! Putting that list beside those names is insulting the game!

In 2014 we were so talentless that CQ had to bring in nokhodis like Beitashour and Davari. That in itself tells you what he had to deal with.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Statistically (I know you dont believe in Stats but hey for those that do) Iran had the EASIEST group in 2018 (the only time both teams that qualified from Iran group eliminated in round of 16) so any comment there? Why do I bother I sometimes wonder!
No one had as easy group as Skocic. Be sure of that. Let me tell you we would have not qualified to the WC if we had ended up in the other group.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Statistically (I know you dont believe in Stats but hey for those that do) Iran had the EASIEST group in 2018 (the only time both teams that qualified from Iran group eliminated in round of 16) so any comment there? Why do I bother I sometimes wonder!
You are as yourself said are thinking like a robot.

How is easy for a team like Iran to face two power houses of football, one world and one European champion with years of experience in world football !?
Did you know before hand that they were not going to go as far as expected from them ?
Maybe it was us who drained them out of energy for the next round! 😆

Your thinking is too analytical and robotic .
Football is a competitive game played by 22 players against each other, as long as a team play competitive and give it their best the end result depends on many factors, fortunes ,referee, spirit also play a part on top of skill, fitness and preparation and experience and the coaching skills.
If a team like Iran punch well above their weight and give it all they got we have to appreciate and respect it.

Carlos is not God of football but he developed and contributed and took Iran football to a level of being able to compete with the best in the world and earn respect in the world of football.

Where is the cup I hear you say 🤔 !
Don't think robotic I say and follow the game with your heart and appreciate how it is played and all the factors I mentioned .

You could be Brazil and one day get beat in your own backyard by Germany and lose 7-1 or be Germany and lose 5-1 to England or be England and lose 4-0 to Hungary.

So by your analytical approach Hungary should beat Brazil 16-2 !!
😆

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
My take:
Iran has been in world cup 4 times and never got results. That means different generations، coaches and players couldn't take us to the second stage. So it is not good enough compared to the best. Let's give chance to Skocic now.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
TM was always like that and dreaming!
Hopefully it doesn't turn into nightmare in this World Cup. the lack of decent preparation and shambolic state of IFF doesn't look promising. hopefully September camp and friendlies will help TM players and coaching staff to pull a pleasant surprise in WC and have a respectable showing against tough opponents.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Hopefully it doesn't turn into nightmare in this World Cup. the lack of decent preparation and shambolic state of IFF doesn't look promising. hopefully September camp and friendlies will help TM players and coaching staff to pull a pleasant surprise in WC and have a respectable showing against tough opponents.
I hope so too. But as you know friendlies may not happen. I expect one or two friendies by TM in short period.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
My take:
Iran has been in world cup 4 times and never got results. That means different generations، coaches and players couldn't take us to the second stage. So it is not good enough compared to the best. Let's give chance to Skocic now.
If the coach was a top class coach then I'd agree with you. But how do you think a coach like Skocic, specially after TM's performances under him, will have a chance if others better than him were unsuccessful?! Let's give him the chance to do what?!!

It's as if you have driven a Mercedes and it could not satisfy your speeding desires. Now you want to give a chance to a Mazda?!

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
what is the poster for? FBI's most wanted? what are CQ and Halilhodzic doing there?
54 nations, 16 teams, 10 nominees!!

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
در این لیست البته نام‌های دیگری نظیرکامو مالو سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال سنگال، قهرمان قاره نیز وجود دارد که کار کی‌روش را برای کسب عنوان بهترین مربی قاره آفریقا در سالی که گذشت؛ سخت خواهد کرد

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
If the coach was a top class coach then I'd agree with you. But how do you think a coach like Skocic, specially after TM's performances under him, will have a chance if others better than him were unsuccessful?! Let's give him the chance to do what?!!

It's as if you have driven a Mercedes and it could not satisfy your speeding desires. Now you want to give a chance to a Mazda?!
Time will tell

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
سرنوشت ملی‌پوشان جام جهانی ۲۰۱۸/ از بدون تیم ماندن دفاع راست جنجالی تا خداحافظی گوچی

بعضی از ستاره‌های تیم ملی فوتبال در جام جهانی ۲۰۱۸ روسیه، اکنون از لیست تیم ملی کنار گذاشته شده‌اند و حتی بدون تیم هستند.

به گزارش ایسنا، چهار سال است که از حضور تیم ملی در جام جهانی ۲۰۱۸ روسیه می‌گذرد و بعضی از بازیکنان آن زمان تیم ملی سرنوشت متفاوتی نسبت به بقیه پیدا کرده‌اند. تیم ملی که در روسیه با تیم‌های اسپانیا، پرتغال و الجزایر هم‌گروه بود، با ۴ امتیاز در رده سوم قرار گرفت و از صعود به مرحله بعد باز ماند.
البته ترکیب تیم ملی تفاوت زیادی با ترکیب احتمالی آن برای جام جهانی ۲۰۲۲ قطر نکرده است اما تعدادی از بازیکنان نتوانستند درخشش خود را تکرار کنند و دوباره به لباس تیم ملی برسند.
بازیکنان تیم ملی فوتبال در جام جهانی روسیه اکنون در حال چه فعالیتی هستند؟
علیرضا بیرانوند: او هنوز هم یکی از دروازه‌بانان اصلی تیم ملی است اما این روزها جای خود را درون قفس توری تیم ملی به امیر عابدزاده داده است.

مهدی ترابی: او فصل خوبی را با پرسپولیس سپری نکرد اما به نظر می‌رسد باز هم یکی از مسافران جام جهانی باشد.

احسان حاج‌صفی: وی کاپیتان فعلی تیم ملی است و در باشگاه آ.ا.ک آتن یونان فوتبال بازی می‌کند.

روزبه چشمی: مدافع وقت استقلال، امسال پس از نیم‌فصل حضور در قطر دوباره به فوتبال ایران بازگشت و پیراهن آبی را بر تن کرد.

میلاد محمدی: او سومین لژیونر ایرانی در تیم یونانی آ.ا.ک آتن است.

سعید عزت‌اللهی: او بازیکن فعلی وایله دانمارک است اما فصل قبل را به صورت قرضی در تیم فوتبال الغرافه قطر حضور داشت.

مسعود شجاعی: این بازیکن کاپیتان فعلی تیم فوتبال نساجی است.

مرتضی پورعلی‌گنجی: مدافع تیم ملی به تازگی با عقد قراردادی به پرسپولیس پیوست.

امید ابراهیمی: این هافبک فصل درخشانی را در الوکره قطر داشت و در آخرین اردوی تیم ملی در قطر به تیم ملی دعوت شد.

کریم انصاری‌فرد: وی یکی از بازیکنان شاغل در آ.ا.ک آتن یونان است.

وحید امیری: او در تیم فوتبال پرسپولیس عضویت دارد.

رشید مظاهری: این بازیکن فصل قبل در تیم فوتبال سپاهان حضور داشت.

محمدرضا خانزاده: او به تازگی از گل‌گهر جدا شده و قرار است به عضویت تیم سابق خود یعنی تراکتور در بیاید.

سامان قدوس: این لژیونر عضو تیم فوتبال برنتفورد انگلیس است.

پژمان منتظری: او در الخریطیات قطر لژیونر است.

رضا قوچان‌نژاد: مهاجم سابق تیم ملی، فصل گذشته از فوتبال خداحافظی کرد و فعلا مشغول استراحت و تحصیل است. او فعلا بدون تیم است اما خداحافظی‌اش از فوتبال را تکذیب کرده بود.

مهدی طارمی: مهاجم تیم ملی اکنون ستاره تیم فوتبال پورتو پرتغال است.

علیرضا جهانبخش: وی که در آن زمان در تیم فوتبال برایتون حضور داشت، اکنون وینگر تیم هلندی فاینورد است.

سیدمجید حسینی: او مدافع تیم فوتبال کایسری اسپور ترکیه است.

سردار آزمون: مهاجم تیم ملی، در نیم‌فصل فصل گذشته با عقد قراردادی راهی بایرلورکوزن آلمان شد.

اشکان دژاگه: وی اکنون بدون تیم است اما خبرهایی مبنی بر مذاکره‌اش با فولاد خوزستان به گوش می‌رسد.

امیر عابدزاده: این دروازه‌بان در تیم پونفرادینا در دسته دوم اسپانیا عضویت دارد.

رامین رضاییان: او نیم‌فصل از الدحیل به پرسپولیس پیوست اما قراردادش با سرخ‌ها تمدید نشد تا اکنون بدون تیم باشد.
کارلوس کی‌روش: سرمربی سابق تیم ملی، پس از این که نتوانست با مصر به جام جهانی صعود کند، از سمتش اخراج شد.

uhl

Jun 20, 2021
You are absolutely right.
Qualifying with Daei, Kia, Karimi,.... is an achievement but qualifying with the no star team of 2014 can not be considered achievment
In every generation we had good players.

In 2014 we had a midfield of:
-Nekounam
-Ando
-Shojaei
-Dejagah
One of the greatest midfield lineups in TM history.

In defense we had:
-Seyed Jalal Hosseini
-Ehsan Hajsafi
Both players will go down as Iranian football legends.

In attack we had:
-Reza Ghoochanejad
A fast prolific striker that was on the top of the goal scorers list in Belgium and Holland.

This idea that we had a talentless team in 2014 is laughable.
It's just more of the same BS narratives some use to big up their holy messiah.

backechap

Nov 22, 2002
I'm not very knowledgable about the current plans, but isn't it true that we will only have one more camp before the WC? Can someone verify? If so, no coach - CQ or whoever, can fix our problems in such short span of time. Maybe it's time we collectively face Mecca and bow a few times?

uhl

Jun 20, 2021
No one had as easy group as Skocic. Be sure of that. Let me tell you we would have not qualified to the WC if we had ended up in the other group.
The 2022 WCQ group was not easier than what we had in the previous years.

2014 WCQ group (Average opponent Rank*: 77.25)
Iran
Korea
Uzbekistan
Qatar
Lebanon

2018 WCQ group (Average opponent Rank*: 79.2)
Iran
Korea
Syria
Uzbekistan
China
Qatar

2022 WCQ group (Average opponent Rank*: 70.4)
Iran
Korea
UAE
Iraq
Syria
Lebanon

Based on average opponent rankings, the 2022 WCQ group was in fact tougher than both the 2014 and 2018 WCQs.
Also lets not ignore the fact that TM were in a very difficult situation in the previous round needing to win all 4 matches in Bahrain (including v. Iraq and Bahrain).

The BS never ends with you lot.

*Rankings calculated based on time of draw.