TM Iran Information Thread

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
نه تنها كميته فنى بلكه هيچكس نميدونه ايران با چه سبكى بازى ميكنه.
اينم خودش يه استرتژى ميتونه باشه تا تيمهاى ديگه رو گوز پيچ كنه

Skocic uses position play and play from the back and maintain the position as far as I know.
Positional play works to enable teams to progress the ball forwards through the creation of triangles or diamonds that give the ball-carrier space and several passing options at any given time. Then, by drawing an opponent towards the ball, a player will free up a teammate elsewhere to receive the next pass.
It may not be a good formation against very strong teams.
He needs to change the position play against stronger teams.

Coaches' Voice | Positional play: football tactics explained (coachesvoice.com)

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
نه تنها كميته فنى بلكه هيچكس نميدونه ايران با چه سبكى بازى ميكنه.
اينم خودش يه استرتژى ميتونه باشه تا تيمهاى ديگه رو گوز پيچ كنه
Yes our game plan wrapped in fart , fart wrap with extra chilli 🌶.
Skocic has the gas tank all right.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^playboy, the official IR supporter is obsessed with him. Uhl, I am getting more and more suspicious about that he is IR supporter too but still unclear. The rest, don't seem to be.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Skocic uses position play and play from the back and maintain the position as far as I know.
It may not be a good formation against very strong teams.
He needs to change the position play against stronger teams.

Coaches' Voice | Positional play: football tactics explained (coachesvoice.com)
As i previously mentioned (post # 6396) , Skocic or whoever is TM coach in WC may need to avoid disaster by changing his possession-based play to low-block play. most of this TM players are familiar with low-block style having played under CQ in the past. TM may even get some decent results that way.

backechap

Nov 22, 2002
As i previously mentioned (post # 6396) , Skocic or whoever is TM coach in WC may need to avoid disaster by changing his possession-based play to low-block play. most of this TM players are familiar with low-block style having played under CQ in the past. TM may even get some decent results that way.
As much as I hate low-block, I agree that we can maximize our chances of getting decent results from it, but we need midfielders who can control the ball on our clearances and somehow pass it to Azmoon or Taremi. Taremi himself is okay at that, but we really need midfielders to do that job, and we are just very weak at the moment in that department. Let's hope Ghodoos gets in shape and that our coach let's him play, bcs he is the closest we have for that role.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Probably against England formation needed to be revised. I am not sure about USA game - position play may be the best option. These days a lot of softwares and players analysis are availble to coaches. Skocic needs good technical support.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
please don't correlate support for national team coach and regime support. This generalization doesn't make sense.
Thanks in advance.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Probably against England formation needed to be revised. I am not sure about USA game - position play may be the best option. These days a lot of softwares and players analysis are availble to coaches. Skocic needs good technical support.
From what i have seen , USA & Wales (to a lesser degree) are quite fast in transition and can cause damage if you lose possession in a position play setup. and it is generally recommended to practice and stick with one style of play throughout a tourney to avoid possible disruption of team harmony.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
From what i have seen , USA & Wales (to a lesser degree) are quite fast in transition and can cause damage if you lose possession in a position play setup. and it is generally recommended to practice and stick with one style of play throughout a tourney to avoid possible disruption of team harmony.
As far as I know USA for example does not have good strikers and if we give their team more possetion become more dangerous. TM stikers are much better than Wales and USA.
At the end coaching staff of TM need to analysis all TM opponents and select the best formation and players.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
As much as I hate low-block, I agree that we can maximize our chances of getting decent results from it, but we need midfielders who can control the ball on our clearances and somehow pass it to Azmoon or Taremi. Taremi himself is okay at that, but we really need midfielders to do that job, and we are just very weak at the moment in that department. Let's hope Ghodoos gets in shape and that our coach let's him play, bcs he is the closest we have for that role.
If he gets enough game time with Brentford in EPL. Ghodoos is getting some minutes in Brentford's recent pre-season games. he played 45 minutes vs Stuttgart and 30 minutes vs Strasbourg.

Nov 29, 2002
please don't correlate support for national team coach and regime support. This generalization doesn't make sense.
Thanks in advance.

I am not making any assertions on this forum. Just the other forums where everyone who was/is against Queiroz seems to be an IR fan - either subtle or not-so-subtle. Obviously this place is the exception, glad to see that.

Although most within the IR seemed to hate Queiroz, alongside the more right wing newspapers and IRIB guys like Misaghi and Khiabani

Regardless, it seems that almost everyone seems to want him back (apart from the powers that be in IR of course), lets all hope that he returns and completes his third phase

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
As far as I know USA for example does not have good strikers and if we give their team more possetion become more dangerous. TM stikers are much better than Wales and USA.
At the end coaching staff of TM need to analysis all TM opponents and select the best formation and players.
Well , from the limited number of USA games that i have watched i noticed their wingers & wing backs are quite fast in transition.

I know a bit more about Wales and i can tell you that they have plenty of players that can score goals regardless of their position. The likes of Gareth Bale , Daniel James (classic winger striker and real fast), Neco Williams (fast and dangerous left wing back), Aaron Ramsey, Joe Allen (scored the winning WC qualifier vs Ukraine) and strikers Kieffer Moore and Brennan Johnson who did well with Bournemouth & Forrest last season).

Last edited: