TM Iran Information Thread

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
and thinking CQ could a least get a tie against USA and not loss badly to England.
And you don't like that? You rather wanted to see ethics and fairness towards Skocic than seeing Iran not getting embarrassed in front of the whole world?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I’m getting more optimistic about our goalie situation. Having watched some of the domestic league games , glad to see that beiravand is getting playing time and resembling a bit of his old self.
Haghighi, akhbari and hosseini have been performing well consistently in the last few games. Unfortunately the backup goalies of 2018, abed and mazaheri cannot claim the same.
And don't forget about Niazmand!

Last edited:

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
What do you mean who? Most of these players are his own players?

Glad to see Mohebbi, Rezaeian and Pouraliganji finally getting invited! It was about time!!!
To clarify CQ was not in Iran to check players. Did he watch any Iran league games recently? So someone else advised him. May be his two countrymen that coaching Esreghlal and Sepahan.
Also what his own players mean?

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I rather see long term plan for TM and not short contract with CQ and no plan for future.
You have long term plan with a coach who is at the level of a long term plan. Winning Asian teams to qualify to the WC once with no other major international experiences, is not really what I would call level of a long term plan.

CQ employment is just a desperate try to save us from embarrassment which may not even work at this stage.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
To clarify CQ was not in Iran to check players. Did he watch any Iran league games recently? So someone else advised him. May be his two countrymen that coaching Esreghlal and Sepahan.
Also what his own players mean?
Or maybe Markar Aghajanian or Taj himself. 😂

Ps. His own players means the players who were invited by him to TM for the first time and whom he worked with for several years.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Again I agree with GN that ethic was not used when Skocic removed. A winning coach that took TM first to WC will never be removed by any federation and replaced by a coach that failed recently in Columbia and Egypt. None of other World Cup Teams have done it. GN has experience in both clubs and national team coaching and his words count like other experienced coaches and previous TM players.
Only happens in IRI when politicians involve in TM and Football start to get involve and fire a coach with no long term plan - only afraid TM losses to USA.
As I said removal of Skocic was unethical and it was do to with politics and came from higher ups of IRI and thinking CQ could a least get a tie against USA and not loss badly to England. It was all politics.
Respectfully GN said one thing and you are adding a second agenda to it.

GN says his removal process was unethical. I disagree because I think Skocic was an unknown manager practically without any achievement in international or club levels before joining TM, with good results but shaky performance in TM's WC campaign against weak teams, minus poor shows against above average teams. Moreover he failed to control the team after we advanced to the WC and as a result we have divided squad with divided attention 2 months before the WC. He is just not reliably good enough for the WC. Just because you had good experience with a random surgeon to remove a mole doesn't mean you should trust him with your heart for a quadruple bypass.

Also I disagree with GN's statement because he is not the person to be standing on the moral high ground knowing that he was in the negotiation with Majedi to replace Skocic few weeks ago.

Then you add your comments to GN's. No sir, it is not only in Iran that coaches are replaced in short notice. Remember Lopetgi and Spain. The owners and politicians also decide on football matters everywhere. Regardless, Skocic was also in charge because one faction of the same government was and still is supporting him.

Last point, CQ did not fail with Egypt. Since 1990 they were in the WC once. Last time they lost in African nations cup in the round 16, this time they lost the final game to Senegal in PKs. A runner up in ANC has no equivalent in Asia.

To me the real crime was when they made TM of 85M people the Guinea pig by appointing a $180K unknown manager to handle it.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
No other governmental interference was more obvious than when Misaghi and Khiabani started this major campaign against CQ right after the latter criticized the sports minister and before they let him go.

The worst thing was when Misaghi was all over Wilmots because we won against a shitty team with lots of goals. And then when we were close to get knocked out of the WC qualification, conveniently he put all the blame on Taj. Martikeye daghalbaz!

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
It is a good list, hope Amiri recovers and joins. Obviously his preference will be Europe based players. But looks like he likes experience in defense, physicality in the midline, and versatile players upfront.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
You have long term plan with a coach who is at the level of a long term plan. Winning Asian teams to qualify to the WC once with no other major international experiences, is not really what I would call level of a long term plan.

CQ employment is just a desperate try to save us from embarrassment which may not even work at this stage.
Yes I agree a political and desperate decision to make sure TM not loss. But it may not have the results.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Respectfully GN said one thing and you are adding a second agenda to it.

GN says his removal process was unethical. I disagree because I think Skocic was an unknown manager practically without any achievement in international or club levels before joining TM, with good results but shaky performance in TM's WC campaign against weak teams, minus poor shows against above average teams. Moreover he failed to control the team after we advanced to the WC and as a result we have divided squad with divided attention 2 months before the WC. He is just not reliably good enough for the WC. Just because you had good experience with a random surgeon to remove a mole doesn't mean you should trust him with your heart for a quadruple bypass.

Also I disagree with GN's statement because he is not the person to be standing on the moral high ground knowing that he was in the negotiation with Majedi to replace Skocic few weeks ago.

Then you add your comments to GN's. No sir, it is not only in Iran that coaches are replaced in short notice. Remember Lopetgi and Spain. The owners and politicians also decide on football matters everywhere. Regardless, Skocic was also in charge because one faction of the same government was and still is supporting him.

Last point, CQ did not fail with Egypt. Since 1990 they were in the WC once. Last time they lost in African nations cup in the round 16, this time they lost the final game to Senegal in PKs. A runner up in ANC has no equivalent in Asia.

To me the real crime was when they made TM of 85M people the Guinea pig by appointing a $180K unknown manager to handle it.
I disagree with your assessment of GN. He is one of our good coaches that survived hardship of coaching. Not like Daie, Estilli, and Mahdvikia that could not coach and get result with clubs. Daie, Karimi, Azizi that have connection to IRI criticize the IRI government decision to sack Skocic. They may not have used the word “Ethic.” Still GN team is one of top teams of league and Iranian league counts. It is Iranian league that feed our TM players and not legionnaires that play reserves in their teams. TM practice will start with backbone players from Iranian league that like of GN, Nekonum and Mayalikohan coached.
GN has more inside information of Iranian players than corrupt Taj.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Yes I agree a political and desperate decision to make sure TM not loss. But it may not have the results.
We would not get results irrespective of TM coach. Not with this preparation. So saving our asses was the right thing to do (which we are not even sure it will happen in such a short time).

That's why I said Taj and CQ, no matter how much they enjoyed dallali and dallalbazi, at least they spent some good money for TM. Under no other management and coach after the revolution did we have a preparation like the one for the WC2018! But ofcourse government employees like Misaghi are not interested to highlight that but rather want to continuously destroy Taj with the Wilmots saga which was even the Sportsminister's fault to begin with.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
No other governmental interference was more obvious than when Misaghi and Khiabani started this major campaign against CQ right after the latter criticized the sports minister and before they let him go.

The worst thing was when Misaghi was all over Wilmots because we won against a shitty team with lots of goals. And then when we were close to get knocked out of the WC qualification, conveniently he put all the blame on Taj. Martikeye daghalbaz!

Out of all the IR media lackeys, Misaghi is the worst. It's not just his IR sucking up, his voice, it's his total lack of any kind of football knowledge or appreciation.
Because he has the biggest show, his attitude permeates through the viewers as well. They are now weaned on likes of Misaghi and Khiabani,

I haven't always liked Adel but at least his respect for what CQ has done for our football from a long-term perspective (and attitude to his return) isn't in question.