TM Iran Information Thread

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If TM gets more than 4 points as promised by CQ followers. TM and CQ won.
How do you know Skocic had 0 chance when not given a chance in WC? I would agree with you if you were saying 25% chance. 0% chance?
If TM gets less than 4 points it will be a failure. Actually Skocic won because was not given a chance on WC 2022.
As I said we will know by December.
I think you need to watch the video I posted and listen to what Taghavi says about CQ’s accomplishments with TM. Then come back and argue about what Taghavi talked about if you don’t agree with him instead of saying we will see.

As with Skocic, he had his chance to prove what he can do against South Korea twice and failed miserably against Algeria’s B team.
Remember that you claim CQ failed against Japan. Same holds true about Skocic and South Korea. Skocic failed against South Korea and lost badly by 2-0 against a weak Korea team and had nothing to show as a coach.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
I think you need to watch the video I posted and listen to what Taghavi says about CQ’s accomplishments with TM. Then come back and argue about what Taghavi talked about if you don’t agree with him instead of saying we will see.

As with Skocic, he had his chance to prove what he can do against South Korea twice and failed miserably against Algeria’s B team.
Remember that you claim CQ failed against Japan. Same holds true about Skocic and South Korea. Skocic failed against South Korea and lost badly by 2-0 against a weak Korea team and had nothing to show as a coach.
I have watched the video and I know CQ accomplishments and also CQ shortcomings that was not discussed.
For the record Skocic is not a perfect coach. But TM was the first team from Asia to qualify to WC 2022 and first in its group. That by itself is a great achievement. About South Korea second game TM did not play well but many players were absent due to Covid and the result was not a major factor for qualification. Skocic is not a known coach. But one of his major advantages was coaching Iranian clubs and being familiar with the Iranian players.

On the Japan game that CQ coached and TM lost read those days news & go watch the video of the game. TM was not organized and lost badly to Japan - lack of concentration of players a major factor. CQ was not concentrated to win the game and win the ASIAN cup. He already had a contract with Columbia and his mind was in Columbia that he failed.
In order for TM to move to higher playing level TM should move from old defensive tactics of CQ - TM should not go back in time.
At the end let see friendly games scheduled to see how TM plays under CQ.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
I bet you could watch over and over again if it was praising Skocic :)
I am not praising Skocic. He was a coach that in very bad times took over TM and qualified it to WC.
No other coaches was dare to take that responsibility.
If he was failing Skocic should have been sacked. No other team of WC 2022 sacked their coach if the coach qualified the team to WC 2022.
Is USA coach very top coach? No
I am not like many that worship CQ and do not see his failures.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I am not praising Skocic. He was a coach that in very bad times took over TM and qualified it to WC.
If he was failing Skocic should have been sacked. No other team of WC 2022 sacked their coach if the coach qualified the team to WC 2022.
I am not like many that worship CQ and do not see his failures.
You can compare US coach to Iran coach when both countries spend same or almost same amount of time and money on football. Otherwise, it is not a good comparison.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
You can compare US coach to Iran coach when both countries spend same or almost same amount of time and money on football. Otherwise, it is not a good comparison.
I am giving example that he qualified US team to WC and was not sacked. USA for sure can get better coach than him when could not be in front of Canada in qualifiers. Even England coach lost very badly (4-0) to Hungry but coach was not sacked because of that result. Because the coach qualified England to WC still remains as coach of England.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The entire Skocic selection was very questionable to begin with. He showed he is not able to keep TM United and was unable to manage this division. Add his lack of knowledge facing tough opponents and that’s a recipe for getting your ass handed to you.

Do you honestly believe Skocic could have qualified TM to world cup if TM was in the other group with likes of Japan, Australia and SA?

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
One element that is not talked about much, but IMHO is a big factor in the nature of games played under Wilmots and Skocic is Covid!
After the period of Covid isolation, norm was not the norm anymore. Iran did well in qualifying against Bahrain and Iraq that had an edge over us in earlier games, simply because we had more players that did play in Europe despite isolation, while ME football was submerged in Chaos. It simply became players game despite the coach! This carried on to the next round, and not surprisingly the only team that topped us was the one that had better European based players, Korea.
Skocic was lucky that CQ paved the way for him , indirectly or directly, by the virtue of establishing the culture of playing in Europe even if the opportunity was in less than mid level teams. It was mostly coach players in the field that drew the outcome!
We didn’t have any extensive camps nor top notch assistances to a coach short of international experience. How is it logically possible that all the credit is for the coaching staff? Would he have been able to have same results 2 years earlier? Or even during Wilmots era?

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
One element that is not talked about much, but IMHO is a big factor in the nature of games played under Wilmots and Skocic is Covid!
After the period of Covid isolation, norm was not the norm anymore. Iran did well in qualifying against Bahrain and Iraq that had an edge over us in earlier games, simply because we had more players that did play in Europe despite isolation, while ME football was submerged in Chaos. It simply became players game despite the coach! This carried on to the next round, and not surprisingly the only team that topped us was the one that had better European based players, Korea.
Skocic was lucky that CQ paved the way for him , indirectly or directly, by the virtue of establishing the culture of playing in Europe even if the opportunity was in less than mid level teams. It was mostly coach players in the field that drew the outcome!
We didn’t have any extensive camps nor top notch assistances to a coach short of international experience. How is it logically possible that all the credit is for the coaching staff? Would he have been able to have same results 2 years earlier? Or even during Wilmots era?
Good observations. According to players, Wilmots was not really interested in spending time and effort on TM after IFF wasn’t able to pay him due to sanctions.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I see recent results by CQ relevant. His defensive tactics failed against Japan when coaching TM and latter as you stated with Columbia and Egypt. My questions about CQ is also relevant because good assistants have job and cannot leave their jobs to come work for TM. Nekonum is selected to be CQ assistant by him. He wants Nekonum and I agree with CQ he is one of the good current Iranian coaches. Nekonum will be a good contributor to TM but apparently he is not willing to do it. Unless forced by government to accept the job.
But right now, the important thing is not Japan but the WC. The important thing is that his tactics worked in the WC! So everything else, including Egypt and Columbia arguments are irrelevant. Also this argument about coaches need to have a job to be considered good coaches, does not hold. Especially since they did a good job at the WC.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If TM gets more than 4 points as promised by CQ followers. TM and CQ won.
How do you know Skocic had 0 chance when not given a chance in WC? I would agree with you if you were saying 25% chance. 0% chance?
If TM gets less than 4 points it will be a failure. Actually Skocic won because was not given a chance on WC 2022.
As I said we will know by December.
Na aziz. That 4 points argument was for a coach who had had time to prepare TM. One who had more than a year. In this short time, any result that will not embarass us with 6-7 goals for the opponents, is considered acceptable by us!

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
This is purely wrong and rather misrepresentation to people who don't know football. It wont' work on football forum. This was a marry up and move up for skocic and he'd rush with that belly to get the job. A no name coach with nothing to risk. HIs installment was fishy in the first place.

You act like he had a renter's lease on the job. Coaches are rather temps, somehow longer term temps for national teams jobs . Theres always a situation and first in matters. Who knows Quiroz could be fired before WC. Be ready for anything and everything. Dont' act like Skocic wife or siblings crying over firing.

Berhalter has a 15 years experience track in European leagues, played in three countries and WC and managed a billion dollar worth club. Skocic has 15 years of kabobi exp track and is a marinate buff.

You make yourself look bad crying over 'no other WC qualifying coach was fired before WC' .. deal with it.

Last edited:

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
^ US coach was chosen out of 33 candidates and wasn't pulled out of someones ass.

After taking his new job on Aug. 1, Stewart spent two months going through what he said on Tuesday was a list of 33 candidates -- some domestic, some international. In early November, Stewart knew Berhalter was the one. After a few weeks of contract talks, U.S. Soccer’s board approved the hire this past Saturday.

“Gregg isn’t just the right choice, he’s the best choice,” Cordeiro said. “We have no regrets at all.”

Coach has 67% winning rates with the NT (60 games) where his club rates been 40% previously over two jobs. Just shows what they consider in putting someone in place, not just achievements in terms of what they got. If Skocic had that he could't get pulled down even under IRI.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Na aziz. That 4 points argument was for a coach who had had time to prepare TM. One who had more than a year. In this short time, any result that will not embarass us with 6-7 goals for the opponents, is considered acceptable by us!
Anything that this team has accomplished, including top team qualifying is because it is CQ team but if they don't get result it is because of short term.

Carlos Jan, put 11 in back so our friends don't get embarrassed lol. Let's forfeit and don't play the game forever, that way, we won't ever be embarrassed.

If CQ doesn't get result, it is on him. He accepted the job. Be a man and accept responsibility and don't hide behind excuses.

Nov 29, 2002

@Gol Bezan Arya jAn I felt the same, I had lost contact with Iranian football until this guy took over. Had been obsessed with Iranian football from the mid-late nineties onwards until the "dark ages" pre-Queiroz.

The improvement of TM under him was phenomenal, so impressed with how he got us to play and I can't quite believe he has returned. Still seems like a dream. I was genuinely so proud in and around the stadia for those two world cups

Last edited: