TM Iran Information Thread

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
پلمب یک رستوران بخاطر حمایت از حریف تیم ملی در پایتخت
یکی از رستوران‌های زنجیره‌ای واقع در خیابان شریعتی تهران که در صفحه مجازی خود در شبکه اجتماعی اینستاگرام اقدام به درج مطالب ضد ملی کرده بود، با دستور قضایی پلمب شد. یکی از رستوران‌های زنجیره‌ای واقع در خیابان شریعتی تهران که در صفحه مجازی خود در شبکه اجتماعی اینستاگرام با درج مطالب ضد ملی، از تیم فوتبال انگلیس حمایت و آرزوی ناکامی برای تیم ملی فوتبال کشورمان در رقابت‌های جام جهانی ۲۰۲۲ قطر، کرده بود، بلافاصله شب گذشته و پس از بررسی جوانب ماجرا و صحت سنجی اقدامات انجام شده منتسب به آن در فضای مجازی، با دستور قضایی پلمب شد. /منبع: میزان

Nov 29, 2002
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-singing-national-anthem-world-cup-2022-qatar

Fears grow Iran players may face reprisals for not singing national anthem
Politician says no one will be allowed to ‘insult our anthem and flag’ as loyalist media vent fury over protests during England game

Iran’s footballers could face reprisals if they fail to sing the national anthem in their remaining World Cup group games, after a politician said the country “will never allow anyone to insult our anthem”.

The football team stayed silent while the anthem was played before their 6-2 defeat to England on Monday, in a symbolic show of support for the protest movement that has roiled Iran since the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini in police custody in September.

Team Melli, as the national team is known, had previously drawn criticism from protesters for even competing in Qatar, and footage of them bowing in front of President Ebrahim Raisi at a send-off meeting drew more anger.

On Tuesday, Mehdi Chamran, the chairman of Tehran city council, said: “We will never allow anyone to insult our anthem and flag. Iranian civilisation has a history of several thousand years, this civilisation is as old as the total of European and American civilisations.”

A conservative MP in Kurdistan, meanwhile, called for the national team to be replaced by faithful and revolutionary youth willing to sing their national anthem.

Iran’s heavily censored media made very little mention of the team not singing the national anthem.

Kayhan, probably the newspaper closest to supreme leader Ali Khamenei, vented its fury at the way in which protesters had cheered an English victory, saying “for weeks foreign media had conducted ruthless and unprecedented psychological-media war against this team”.

“This campaign did not spare any effort to create a gap between the people of Iran and the members of the Iranian national football team, as well as producing false dichotomies,” it said, adding that “this political-media movement, mainly Londoners, with the support and coordination of local patriots, from movie and sports celebrities to chain media and Telegram channels, and even reformist political figures, have joined hands to attack the players”.

It said the Portuguese-born head coach, Carlos Queiroz, had accused critics at the post-match press conference of trying to destroy the team’s morale. “I have to tell those who do not want to support the national team that it is better to stay at home, no one needs them,” it reported him as saying.

The revolt against the national team was demonstrated with videos showing crowds on the streets hailing the England victory and chanting “Death to the dictator” during the match. A restaurant in Tehran that had backed England on its Instagram page was shut and sealed by the authorities on Tuesday.

In an interview with the reformist newspaper Etemaad, Ali Latifi, a former Iranian national team striker, said the team had fallen between two stools, neither saying they only wanted to discuss football nor wholeheartedly supporting the protests, and as a result had satisfied no one. “When some spectators boo, the team suffers,” he said. “Even though it was not broadcast on the radio, the players hear it and it affects their mood.” He also blamed negative coaching tactics that he said had instilled fear in the players.

In late September, the team opted to wear black jackets to cover the country’s colours in their friendly against Senegal.

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
He really doesn't get it, does he...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/ir-iran...an-boos-stay-at-home-if-you-cant-support-team

Queiroz: 'Stay at home' if you can't support team
Showing his true colours :) Remember how people were saying he LOVES people of Iran, He LOVES Iran, bla bla bla, The only thing this CHARLATAN loves is MONEY.
Fired from Real Madrid, Fired from Columbia, Fired from Egypt. I am just happy people are seeing his true colours and what a shitty coach he is, no game plan, DEFEND, DEFEND, DEFEND and lose sexy! that is the CQ plan :)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I am going to act dumb, maybe CQ is surrounded by regime guys and he doesn't know what is really happening in Iran. He is shocked. Can that be possible ?

Nov 29, 2002
He’s lost all the respect he had throughout these years. I wish he had not accepted the job to return. Yek cholokabab moft ham az chang man parid
Yep. He should have honourably gone when football players started getting arrested 8 weeks ago.

"DONT MIX POLITICS WITH SPORT" just gives me nausea reading and hearing that bullshit again and again

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Agha please don't!

We all feel very angry about the blood shed on the streets of Iran by this brutal regime, that is the most important thing. I think everyone is anxious and I know you care about Iran and don't support regime in any way.

I think if everyone here feels the same way about the role of team melli itself, then the place becomes an echo chamber. You have been on this forum for so many years and are a wealth of knowledge about the history of iranian football.

Now I don't agree with you on the representation of Team Melli now in the eyes of vast majority of iranians, but I accept that a lot of people do outside Iran - especially listening to @GolBezan post-match twitter space . I don't want you to feel hounded out from here the way I did from pfdc for just highlighting the distaste of team melli from most iranians in iran, and the fact that football and politics are mixed (at which point their webmaster, film director and musician Kamran Delan told me that they are not a political forum, despite supporting Trump incessantly for four years).

It would be shame to lose you, beh omideh azadieh iran
Dr Jan

Thank you for your kind words,
I am very grateful.
I will be around to read posts from valued members like yourself and others but I can not accept the prerequisite of having to say death to this or that to be accepted as legit.

Funny isn't it, on the other site that you were referring to they say don't swear and here the supreme leader of the site say do swear to prove you're one of us !

No I am not one of them or you , I am my own man and remain to be .
I don't need to prove anything to anyone .

Handful of people can't even get on together running a sports site yet they complain why our country is not like Sweden or Switzerland.

By the way you were right Hoseini in goal , definitely at fault on the first goal and while wr can't blame him anymore than others I agree that Beyranvand would have saved atleast 2 or 3 of those goals .

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Dr Jan
Thank you for your kind words,
I am very grateful.
I will be around to read posts from valued members like yourself and others but I can not accept the prerequisite of having to say death to this or that to be accepted as legit.

Funny isn't it, on the other site that you were referring to they say don't swear and here the supreme leader of the site say do swear to prove you're one of us !

No I am not one of them or you , I am my own man and remain to be .
I don't need to prove anything to anyone .
Handful of people can't even get on together running a sports site yet the complain why our country is not like Sweden or Switzerland.

By the way you were right Hoseini in goal , definitely at fault on the first goal and while wr can't blame him anymore than others I agree that Beyranvand would have saved atleast 2 or 3 of those goals .
I already said that as the admin of this site, I shouldn't push my opinion to other members, so I already accepted fault. I accept constructive criticism.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
I'm not sure if Queiroz asked him to do this, but this is the young Portuguese agent Tadeu Martins posting on the other forum. He is Taremi's agent. His username is persian8iran and I think he has some kind of connection outside football with Queiroz

https://www.persianfootball.com/for...unity/3729743-our-players-are-not-our-enemies

He has a strong interest in Iranian footballers but I don't think, like Queiroz, he truly understands what is going on at the moment

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
http://instagr.am/p/Ck5sSb5M7br/
hosazadi

خوش گذشت آقای رضایی امروز پیش آقای رئیسی؟ از درد مردم از خون هایی که ریخته میشه گفتید بهشون؟ یا ۲طرف رو دوست داشتید راضی نگه دارید؟
1w
1,979 likes

farnaz_kadkhodaee

شرم به تو
1w
408 likes

hoseinbkt

این تیم ملی مردم نیست.. تیم ملی حکومته
1w

mr.asadirad.khan

ببین اینا فایده نداره...مرد نیستین واقعا
1w

monakatoozian

خون های ریخته شده روی زمین با گل های شما پاک نمیشه که در نتیجه اش مردم خوشحال بشن جناب رضائیان!زیاد خودتون اذیت نکنید توو زمین ،گل هاتون پیشکش ،انتظار شرف داشتیم ازتون !
1w
483 likes

shaghayeghadibnia

حال مردمت خوب نیست ولی با قاتل مردمت دیدار می کنی حالت خیلی خوبه!!! وای باورم نمیشه، انقدر دو رو؟ انقدر منافعتون واستون مهمه؟ اون پست های مسخره رو بردار. بزرگ بنویس من حامی قاتلان مردم ام هستم. واقعا واسه خودم متاسفم که طرفدارت بودم👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
1w
1,494 likes

tilje_olsen

متاسفم براتون شما تیم ملی نیستید تیم حکومتی هستید حالا شرفتون به چند فروختید؟؟

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I'm not sure if Queiroz asked him to do this, but this is the young Portuguese agent Tadeu Martins posting on the other forum. He is Taremi's agent. His username is persian8iran and I think he has some kind of connection outside football with Queiroz

https://www.persianfootball.com/for...unity/3729743-our-players-are-not-our-enemies

He has a strong interest in Iranian footballers but I don't think, like Queiroz, he truly understands what is going on at the moment
LOL. Is ST Mark still there with his kiri artwork on players?

Nov 29, 2002
I read these posts and just wonder, "what planet are these people on"

How have they not quite processed what has happened over the last eight weeks, that things are such a surprise for them?

"look, I get that they have a passionate stance".... wtf?!?

1669154391710.png