TM Iran Information Thread

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I took a bow to my superior and dear friend Dr Kasra and obliged his order to post .

I was shocked and disappointed by Carlos Q selection and tactics, as most of you know I have been very supportive of him in the last 10 years or so but what he came up with leaves no room to defend him.

I can't predict anything for the next two games , I always try and stay positive, but what I saw was a total disaster .

What on earth was he thinking leaving Saman out and playing Karimi ?!!
Or changing the two centre backs ?
Majid Hoseini played like a clueless zombie , running into Beyranvand, how stupid! He saw Beyranvand coming out to clear the ball then he was looking away like those looking at their phone and hitting the lamp post.

I could go on and on , many factors were Involved for this crushing defeat , all the negative vibes etc .
But biggest blame is on the coach who let us down.
I just don't know what to expect from them against Wales and USA.
But change the goalie for start .
At fault on first goal coming out in no man's land...
And I didn't feel he had any confidence meeting those shots in box that went passed him , he already looked defeated before the shots were fired .

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Not sure. Players will tell him. He is just trying to glue pieces of a broken china to still make an honorable show in the festival. I actually feel him. Not only home base is not behind his team, it is the biggest obstacle for him now. It is like you are preparing food for your guests with already limited supplies and now your kitchen was also on fire.
But that has nothing to do with the players he picked for the game , it was a accident waiting to happen, and it did.

Nov 29, 2002
I deduced from what I saw agent had forwarded a vid to CQ and he approved and used. By discussion I meant chit chats and Mods transgressions.
Tadeu Martins is the same age as Taremi. he is one of these football junkies who got into iranian football players very early (even before queiroz joined iran) and I think he has a good relationship with Queiroz from an early age.

From what I gather, many of the players are feeling very depressed about becoming public enemy... Probably at the moment Queiroz doesn't know what to do so is asking anyone and everyone to help him try to change the mental state of the players...

The best thing is for them to get off social media

Nov 29, 2002
3-1 or 3-2 to Wales I think.

In an ordinary situation, I do believe with Queiroz, Azmoun in shape and Beiranvand in goal IR Iran could get a draw or win against them.

The issue is that Wales is a team which plays beyond its skin in these tournaments (Bale getting their players to keep digging deep each time towards the end of the match, they have a unique passion) and their opponent is mentally destroyed and conflicted with themselves and with each other. This is a different world to 2018 when they can dig deep.

Anything other than a loss for the next two games would be a huge surprise for IR Iran.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
SA are fit, dedicated, united and supported
Iran are old, out of injuries, broken Morales, timid, split, and booed

Congrats to SA
Khak bar sare akhoonda
Saudi are also completely in sync - the fans, the players, their leadership are all on the same page.

They are a textbook of how to do a dictatorship: Executing tribespeople who have lived on land for thousands of years to build their NEOM future city project, cutting a journalist up and using a bonesaw to get him into little pieces - everyone is on the same page from fans, to players to leaders - "this is our culture" and with this unity and wealth comes preparation and unity on the pitch.

Iran are destroyed by 43 years of moftkhors who can't even run a dictatorship, players arguing with each other, with themselves...

Nov 29, 2002
I’m sure some station would’ve shown it has it been true
I think for a lot of us, the Raisi ceremony was too much, two months after this murder-festival of kids, men and women.

Very hard for you or I who have followed this team and really were looking forward to this world cup, convincing ourselves that they still represent the people, or at least want to make the people happy.

It seems that people are feeling more conflicted after the three actions before England match:

1) All players wearing black wrist bands during warm up which were removed before game
2) Not singing national anthem
3) Kneeling circle (Kneel for Mahsa?) before the game

I certainly felt a little less upset, but is it too little too late?
Also if Amiri starts, which I think Queiroz will do against Wales, then he will sing the anthem....

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2005
I think for a lot of us, the Raisi ceremony was too much, two months after this murder-festival of kids, men and women.

Very hard for you or I who have followed this team and really were looking forward to this world cup, convincing ourselves that they still represent the people, or at least want to make the people happy.

It seems that people are feeling more conflicted after the three actions before England match:

1) All players wearing black wrist bands during warm up which were removed before game
2) Not singing national anthem
3) Kneeling circle (Kneel for Mahsa?) before the game

I certainly felt a little less upset, but is it too little too late?
Also if Amiri starts, which I think Queiroz will do against Wales, then he will sing the anthem....
Other than the post here where have you seen the kneeling?

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
3-1 or 3-2 to Wales I think.

In an ordinary situation, I do believe with Queiroz, Azmoun in shape and Beiranvand in goal IR Iran could get a draw or win against them.

The issue is that Wales is a team which plays beyond its skin in these tournaments (Bale getting their players to keep digging deep each time towards the end of the match, they have a unique passion) and their opponent is mentally destroyed and conflicted with themselves and with each other. This is a different world to 2018 when they can dig deep.

Anything other than a loss for the next two games would be a huge surprise for IR Iran.
Believe me or not I meant 3-1 for Iran. A lot of that depends on what you already said, Beiro in game condition, Sardar back in the squad, and less harassment by safe player revolutionaries, and unity in the team.

My sentiments about Iran and uprising is clear, but these sort of actions by these fans are divisive too unhelpful.
If one is that close to Iran and that determined, should just fly to Erbil and cross to Kordestan to defend people. Enough of pretending your bandage will heal the cancer and claiming credit for it

The best results of TM I remember happened after loss to Iraq with total disappointment in 1996. . Then at the end of 1998 qualification campaign when we did so poorly.
6-2 loss to England is about the right difference between two footballs anyway. We did not do that poorly against Spain, Portugal, Nigeria, Argentina, Germany, ... because none of those games was our bad day. This time it was for obvious reasons.

But our football is in par with Wales and only one class below US. There is a fair chance.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
But that has nothing to do with the players he picked for the game , it was a accident waiting to happen, and it did.
I think his game plan was to have physical players to hold England, and then introduce attacking players in the last third of the game when English were frustrated. He was using the blue print of game against Argentina 8 years ago. Loss of Beiranvand changed this for him and team was not able to remain focus to adopt to the changes.

BTW, glad you are here!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
The person to blame is the coach for the loss. The team played much better after the substitution in the first half. He wanted to play and extremely close defensive game and frustrate England but Sakka and Sterling were very fast and the defense couldn't deal with them. Also I think England really analyzed CQ, unlike other teams they tried to play with different tempo. A lot of fast passing and lots of crosses. Tactically England did everything great and Iran everything wrong. However, I think this is one the best England teams ever. They will go far in the tournament.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
The person to blame is the coach for the loss. The team played much better after the substitution in the first half. He wanted to play and extremely close defensive game and frustrate England but Sakka and Sterling were very fast and the defense couldn't deal with them. Also I think England really analyzed CQ, unlike other teams they tried to play with different tempo. A lot of fast passing and lots of crosses. Tactically England did everything great and Iran everything wrong. However, I think this is one the best England teams ever. They will go far in the tournament.
I agree about the England's squad but I think our team broke after Beiro. Even before him every corner on our goal was as serious as a heart attack. Our central defenders were just physically dominated. Then after the second goal the team was demoralized and could not play cohesively.
In the 2nd half we had fresh players who were not in the state of shock and also England was using a lot of reservers.

No team has the advantage England has. only a week preparation affects everyone except them and maybe Germany and Spain.The tempo is already set by the clubs, they gather their excellent talents out of 3-4 clubs at the height of their league and these players are already synched, and the rest is as if they are playing week 15-20 in IPL.

Even Argentina and Brazil need to gather players Fromm all over the world and come up with the magic potion in 7 days. As the games go on, teams like England will not have that huge advantage.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I think his game plan was to have physical players to hold England, and then introduce attacking players in the last third of the game when English were frustrated. He was using the blue print of game against Argentina 8 years ago. Loss of Beiranvand changed this for him and team was not able to remain focus to adopt to the changes.

BTW, glad you are here!
Thank you, your contribution is always appreciated by me.

Even if he wanted to use the same tactics he did against Argentina, he didn't use the right tools .

Cheshmi ,Hoseini were big liability ,midfield were horrible, Karimi, Jahanbakhsh, Nooralahi were non existent.
Why leave a player from Premier league out and play recently recovered from injury Karimi ?
He is the main person to blame.

Nov 29, 2002
Thank you, your contribution is always appreciated by me.

Even if he wanted to use the same tactics he did against Argentina, he didn't use the right tools .

Cheshmi ,Hoseini were big liability ,midfield were horrible, Karimi, Jahanbakhsh, Nooralahi were non existent.
Why leave a player from Premier league out and play recently recovered from injury Karimi ?
He is the main person to blame.
Yep, no problem with the tactics - realistically it is the only option when apart from 2-3 players, the team is unprepared, unfit and in one case (ezatollahi) so far away from shape that has no business on a world cup pitch. But the player choice was atrocious

If I were IR Iran coach, this is how i would line up against Wales

-----------------------------Azmoun------------------------------
----Taremi---------------------------------------Ghoddos----
--------------------------Basiji Cunt----------------------------
------------Hajsafi----------------------Ezatollahi----------
-Jalali-----------------------------------------------Rezaeian
-----------------Kanaani---------Khalilzadeh------------
--------------------------Abedzadeh---------------------------

Subs
- Ansarifard for Azmoun minute 45 (I don't think Azmoun is full fit)
- Majid Hosseini for Ezatollahi minute 45 (Majid is a good defensive midfielder - ezatollahi is our most important midfielder but only has 20-30 mins fitness)
- Jahanbakhsh for Ghoddos minute 60
- Nourollahi for Hajsafi minute 65
- Moharrami for Rezaeian minute 75

Notes:

- Now that Beiranvand is out for the rest of the tournament, there is only one keeper with confidence and that is Abedzadeh. Although I would have preferred niazmand who is much taller and stronger, only abedzadeh has the temperament now for this match.
- Jalali is fast and can deal with Neco Williams' pace. Milad was really poor against England
- Rezaeian is just a better attacking threat for TM than Moharrami is, but might only last 50-60 minutes
- Basiji cunt is a workhorse who can fill any position but combines well with both Hajsafi and Taremi
- I don't want Khamenei t shirt guy on the pitch

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Yep, no problem with the tactics - realistically it is the only option when apart from 2-3 players, the team is unprepared, unfit and in one case (ezatollahi) so far away from shape that has no business on a world cup pitch. But the player choice was atrocious

If I were IR Iran coach, this is how i would line up against Wales

-----------------------------Azmoun------------------------------
----Taremi---------------------------------------Ghoddos----
--------------------------Basiji Cunt----------------------------
------------Hajsafi----------------------Ezatollahi----------
-Jalali-----------------------------------------------Rezaeian
-----------------Kanaani---------Khalilzadeh------------
--------------------------Abedzadeh---------------------------

Subs
- Ansarifard for Azmoun minute 45 (I don't think Azmoun is full fit)
- Majid Hosseini for Ezatollahi minute 45 (Majid is a good defensive midfielder - ezatollahi is our most important midfielder but only has 20-30 mins fitness)
- Jahanbakhsh for Ghoddos minute 60
- Nourollahi for Hajsafi minute 65
- Moharrami for Rezaeian minute 75

Notes:

- Now that Beiranvand is out for the rest of the tournament, there is only one keeper with confidence and that is Abedzadeh. Although I would have preferred niazmand who is much taller and stronger, only abedzadeh has the temperament now for this match.
- Jalali is fast and can deal with Neco Williams' pace. Milad was really poor against England
- Rezaeian is just a better attacking threat for TM than Moharrami is, but might only last 50-60 minutes
- Basiji cunt is a workhorse who can fill any position but combines well with both Hajsafi and Taremi
- I don't want Khamenei t shirt guy on the pitch
I like your selection, just think that Gholizadeh could be useful to , maybe leave jahanbakhsh rest for the next match altogether and play Gholizadeh or bring him on as a sub for a tired pair of legs in second half.
I agree on goalie , Abedzadeh would suit this situation better, hope he has a good game .

I heard there's a chance Beyranvand maybe available for the third game.