TM Iran Information Thread

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I hope you enforce this and allow the football Forum as it is stated STRICTLY FOOTBALL.
Sure, there is a solution for everything if we try to have a conversation. I mean I said this is a community which doesn't mean we should agree about everything but learn to coexist.

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
With all due respect to everyone, their beliefs and opinions, I think it’s IMPOSSIBLE to fully separate politics from football in the wider context of what has been going on in Iran over the past 10 weeks. The TM itself has got itself in a tricky situation by allowing itself to be used for IR regime propaganda and then trying to win over the other side by not singing anthem in the first game.
Football doesn’t exist in a vacuum.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
With all due respect to everyone, their beliefs and opinions, I think it’s IMPOSSIBLE to fully separate politics from football in the wider context of what has been going on in Iran over the past 10 weeks. The TM itself has got itself in a tricky situation by allowing itself to be used for IR regime propaganda and then trying to win over the other side by not singing anthem in the first game.
Yes I agree, but let's try to have a separate thread. This way everyone is happy.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
With due respect, why is it difficult?
Keep the football Forum to talk about football and technical side of it.

Go to political forum or general forum and discuss the political issues including team melli or fifa and politics surrounding it.

Very simple.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
Strictly speaking, other comments surrounding World Cup are not even political, rather social aspects of the game, or more precisely social justice. It would be the equivalent of having a “whites only league”, and then not allow anyone speak about segregation because it’s not part of the game! To insist on it, risks superficiality. Clearly everyone on this site loves football and loves Iran, but this World Cup with all its human rights issues can hardly be a celebration of friendship made possible by sports. Such wonderful stories can only happen in wonderful times and wonderful places!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
With due respect, why is it difficult?
Keep the football Forum to talk about football and technical side of it.

Go to political forum or general forum and discuss the political issues including team melli or fifa and politics surrounding it.

Very simple.
Strictly speaking, other comments surrounding World Cup are not even political, rather social aspects of the game, or more precisely social justice. It would be the equivalent of having a “whites only league”, and then not allow anyone speak about segregation because it’s not part of the game! To insist on it, risks superficiality. Clearly everyone on this site loves football and loves Iran, but this World Cup with all its human rights issues can hardly be a celebration of friendship made possible by sports. Such wonderful stories can only happen in wonderful times and wonderful places!
Here we go , beating it round the Bush...

It is very clear , talk football here in football Forum.
Talk politics and whatever you desire in general political forum .

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Thanks, we will discuss it in political thread. It is to keep everyone happy and make moderation easy for me

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
Speaking of football, TMs counterattacking style of play fits well against US’s style. TM likes to fast break ala basketball teams against stronger opponents. Especially in the second half against Wales, the speed of transition from defense to attack was fantastic.

Binavand, if he can play, is one of the world’s best at long throws. Azmoon and Taremi are very speedy and lethal as spearheads for the counterattacks.
The TM players also have an advantage playing in the heat of Qatar.

i hope Quirosh stays with 4 -4-2. It solidifies the midfield more the 5-3-2 or 4-2-3-1. It proved simple and effective against Wales. He even substituted all 4 midfield players and still the winning goal came from one of those subs, Cheshmi.

i dont think TMs central defenders are as strong as some previous ones which would be a counter argument for playing with 3 central defenders. Doing that though effectively weakens the mid field and invites more pressure again.

Azmoon may not have 90 mins in him due to his recent injury and Jahanbakhsh is suspended for the next match..Overall even a draw will get Iran through to the next round-
If (and that is a big if) the team can shut out all the distractions and external pressures or channel them into focused intensity on the field, TM has a great chance to get out of the group.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Speaking of football, TMs counterattacking style of play fits well against US’s style. TM likes to fast break ala basketball teams against stronger opponents. Especially in the second half against Wales, the speed of transition from defense to attack was fantastic.

Binavand, if he can play, is one of the world’s best at long throws. Azmoon and Taremi are very speedy and lethal as spearheads for the counterattacks.
The TM players also have an advantage playing in the heat of Qatar.

i hope Quirosh stays with 4 -4-2. It solidifies the midfield more the 5-3-2 or 4-2-3-1. It proved simple and effective against Wales. He even substituted all 4 midfield players and still the winning goal came from one of those subs, Cheshmi.

i dont think TMs central defenders are as strong as some previous ones which would be a counter argument for playing with 3 central defenders. Doing that though effectively weakens the mid field and invites more pressure again.

Azmoon may not have 90 mins in him due to his recent injury and Jahanbakhsh is suspended for the next match..Overall even a draw will get Iran through to the next round-
If (and that is a big if) the team can shut out all the distractions and external pressures or channel them into focused intensity on the field, TM has a great chance to get out of the group.
Agreed, but thank God Jahanbakhsh is not playing next game ,Hope to see Saman get involved.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
What a huge contrast in TM playing style in such short time. I surely didn’t expect this performance .
I was wondering why CQ didn’t play Kanani against Wales. It was only after the game was over that I realized there was no bus.

Last edited: