to all the branko bashers

DashAli

Gold Package Holder
Nov 12, 2002
don't you think he wants to win and take our team up to the next group. we all know he is probably gone after the WC if we do not do well. he must do well in the world cup and he must take our team beyond the group stage if he wants to get a good job after world cup! the better we do the better he does.

Nov 29, 2002
DashAli said:
don't you think he wants to win and take our team up to the next group. we all know he is probably gone after the WC if we do not do well. he must do well in the world cup and he must take our team beyond the group stage if he wants to get a good job after world cup! the better we do the better he does.
POST OF THE YEAR.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Dr Strangemoosh jan, I don't know what you think is funny but I also totally agree with DashAli! It's not like Branko doesn't care about TM! Because the better TM do in the WC, the better rank he gets among the coaches and the better job he gets after the WC!

His comment is only logical!

Nov 29, 2002
Sly said:
Dr Strangemoosh jan, I don't know what you think is funny but I also totally agree with DashAli! It's not like Branko doesn't care about TM! Because the better TM do in the WC, the better rank he gets among the coaches and the better job he gets after the WC!
Its just STATING THE FUCKING OBVIOUS thats whats funny sly. Sometimes i wonder about you sly jAn...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Dr Strangemoosh said:
Its just STATING THE FUCKING OBVIOUS thats whats funny sly. Sometimes i wonder about you sly jAn...
Well, Dr. jan, the post says to "Branko bashers"! That means these comments are for people for whom it's not so obvious!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Nobody said he doesn't want to take TM to the next round. It's just that he doesn't have what it takes to take TM to the next round!
Getting a job after the WC?! :)
I thought that was funny too! If Branco even manages to hold on to his job until the WC, you can rest assured, this will be his first and last real coaching job...

Nov 29, 2002
Sly said:
Well, Dr. jan, the post says to "Branko bashers"! That means these comments are for people for whom it's not so obvious!
Well all the post proves is that both DashAli and you have missed the point!

DashAli

Gold Package Holder
Nov 12, 2002
guys it is one thing to call for a coach to be changed and say we need a better coach, it's another to say bring in another 3rd rate coach for this one or even a number one coach for this one when he has only a few months to work with.

even if we change branko today with the best coach in the world w/o the friendlies and time with the team he can't do shit!

if a year ago you told me we can bring a top coach and he will stay thru wc then i say go for it but not now. it's time for us to push iff etc. into getting friendlies etc. with some teams... we need to support instead of not

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Dr Strangemoosh said:
Well all the post proves is that both DashAli and you have missed the point!
why don't don't you clarify the point that we missed then? ;)

Nov 29, 2002
Sly said:
why don't don't you clarify the point that we missed then? ;)
There really is no point! I've had enough arguing with Martin Reza to realize that if you're not gonna get it, you're not gonna get it!!:bye:
Lets just leave it at this.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Dr Strangemoosh said:
There really is no point! I've had enough arguing with Martin Reza to realize that if you're not gonna get it, you're not gonna get it!!:bye:
Lets just leave it at this.
well that was the best and most well thought argument I've ever heard, so ok! :bye:

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
DashAli said:
guys it is one thing to call for a coach to be changed and say we need a better coach, it's another to say bring in another 3rd rate coach for this one or even a number one coach for this one when he has only a few months to work with.

even if we change branko today with the best coach in the world w/o the friendlies and time with the team he can't do shit!

if a year ago you told me we can bring a top coach and he will stay thru wc then i say go for it but not now. it's time for us to push iff etc. into getting friendlies etc. with some teams... we need to support instead of not
We already have a third rate coach. Don't you remember when he left and the disaster Shahrokhi came. No other club, even in the Gulf, offered him better money than he is getting now. And if they did, why the hell didn't he take it? For the love of Iran? Give me a break. The only people who I would have a problem with over this clown are Gohan, Shahrokhi or any of the other hanger on's that are already on the coaching staff. By the way, you may have meant this to make a point, which I understand, but if you didn't, I assure you that if we had the best coach in the world, he will do a lot of God damn great things. If we had Wenger or someone like him, believe me, he would improve the team over what Ivangohvic has done which is lose to Macedonia's junior or C team, whichever you want to call it, AT HOME.

DashAli

Gold Package Holder
Nov 12, 2002
sirabi said:
We already have a third rate coach. Don't you remember when he left and the disaster Shahrokhi came. No other club, even in the Gulf, offered him better money than he is getting now. And if they did, why the hell didn't he take it? For the love of Iran? Give me a break. The only people who I would have a problem with over this clown are Gohan, Shahrokhi or any of the other hanger on's that are already on the coaching staff. By the way, you may have meant this to make a point, which I understand, but if you didn't, I assure you that if we had the best coach in the world, he will do a lot of God damn great things. If we had Wenger or someone like him, believe me, he would improve the team over what Ivangohvic has done which is lose to Macedonia's junior or C team, whichever you want to call it, AT HOME.
dude what is Wenger going to do with our team w/o any prep matches? and who do you seriously think we can get to replace branko? NO ONE... if we could i'm sure we would have done it already... we tried to bring Antonio Oliviera a year or two ago was it but IFF fucked that up for us now what options do we have? apparently we even offered hiddink the job and look where he went. id rather have branko who has been around than another 3rd rate coach. you tell me were going to get wenger then i might change my position

Aug 26, 2005
Sly said:

His comment is only logical!
I think a lot of people are mistaking the argument. Let's say Branko is as Iranian as Ghorme-Sabzi. The point is he is not knowledgeable enough for Team-e-Melli to reach it's potential. Aziz, if you need a heart transplant you do not hire a nurse.

Aug 26, 2005
DashAli said:
dude what is Wenger going to do with our team w/o any prep matches? and who do you seriously think we can get to replace branko? NO ONE... if we could i'm sure we would have done it already... we tried to bring Antonio Oliviera a year or two ago was it but IFF fucked that up for us now what options do we have? apparently we even offered hiddink the job and look where he went. id rather have branko who has been around than another 3rd rate coach. you tell me were going to get wenger then i might change my position
Aziz, If you have not noticed, most of the coaching is done off the pitch. E.g. Gus Hiddink cancelling a friendly with Columbia before the Uruguay playoffs for an extra training session. The tactical astuteness is really worrying when a right-back (Amir-Abadi / Zarea) or a centre-back (Nosrati) is put on the left-back position. I guess that is okay, even Hiddink masterminded Lucas Neil from right-back to centre-back and it worked brilliantly. What is very worrying is when it doesn't work for more than a year and the same tactic applies. That is just one of the very many examples that can be given.

In regards to Who else can replace him? We are losing to Macedonia C and QPR, AZIZ YOU BE THE COACH. That's how much I've personally had it with Branko.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Kaz said:
In regards to Who else can replace him? We are losing to Macedonia C and QPR, AZIZ YOU BE THE COACH. That's how much I've personally had it with Branko.
LOL. Well said bro. We can't possibly have worse than Branco at this point. With him, we will lose all three games in the WC without even having tried - GUARANTEED. Even MK would at least try to win a game and not sit back like a scared little loser. Another thing I can almost guarantee is that after the WC, the two little Branco's will pack up their shit and run back to their mommy with their tail in between their legs (coincidentally that's the definition of a .... without balls! ;)

:chase:

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
dashali jan:

consider this:

u r a boxer
and are about to fight tyson

do you WANT to win, and get a name and the belt and maybe some girls ?
hell yes.

but CAN u ?
;)

branko, considering his failed system and tactics and strategies, going to WC is exactly like that.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2004
I am sure that he is not thinking about his future (which he won't have in any case) at this point. Instead, his main concern is to keep his job and his salary for this year by staying until the world cup. As someone alse said here earlier, "IFF and Branko deserve each other". I truly think that at this point any Iranian coach such as Mohajerani or jalali we'll do better with the talent we got in this team.

Jan 23, 2003
There is only one thing I can be sure about. This line up will get a maximum of one point in the world cup and most likely wont even score a goal:

------------Mirzapour-----------
Kaabi----Rezaei--Yahya---Zareh
Kia----Nekunam---Karimi--Zandi-
------Daei-----Hashemian----------

My hope is that Branco will change the above but if appraching the world cup and all signs are that this is going to be starting eleven and formation, then IMO Branco should be changed, even if its one day before the Mexico match.

Branco has shown flexibility in the past during AC04 when he changed his retarded 4-2-3-1 after the Oman debacle (where we looked like a third rate Asian team) and with a reshuffle in line up and formation we looked like the best team in the competition. Lets hope he does it again.

And our rival coaches are most likely going to study videos of our qualification games where we played 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 with Ali Daei present. So they are going to make their plans in combating that. Now if on match day 1 we change system and drop our "hitman", our rivals may come in for a shock