To all you Branko Bashers, With Love!

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
I'll never forget how well we played under Branko vs. South Korea. I mean, we had Kameli-Mofrad as a defender!!

But we had a better federation back then too, with Dadkan (who was not great AT ALL but better than the crap we have now) leading it.

Nov 24, 2002
i rather they dont go far in Asian game ( which isnt a very important tounement in asia ) but qualify for Olymphic but i know once they failed here they will fail there too , knowing how sad i our football situation ......

Jun 18, 2005
How can you say that Branko was a thief? He got paid for what he did. Took us to the world cup. Won the Asian games and if it was not for shitty refereeing we would have done a whole lot better in the Asian Cup games as well.

The man got decent results even after leaving TM.

As for today's game, our second goal was not offside and should have counted.

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
Branko was a thief and the worst coach in the world.

Shahgholam is much better but never had any support.
I can't believe and understand how can you and could compare these TWO, Gholam Peyrovani is a good coach in high schools "Moalem Varzesh" in Shiraz or Max Coach of Moghavemat Spasi... He can be a good Poem too, but he definitly can't Coach, nothing to offer systematically...suck defensively and he definitly won't make ti to Olympic! unless they change him to a World class coach...

Nov 24, 2002
Branko baraye sare in footbalam ziad bood , at the end in any pro sport doesnt matter football, american football, basket , hockey you are juged by result and branko resume with TM talk about .. qualifying team for WC, finished 3th with team in asian up when they should be in final if it wasnt for ref! and won the asian game , hard to ask more ...

some talk like we are dominating asian foobtall !!!!!

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2005
And even after TM, Branko has impressed. He won the Croatian league with Dynamo without losing a match and just a few weeks ago he won the Chinese league with Shandong Lueng with a few weeks to go!

Branko's resume with Iran was great. The main criticism was that he was result oriented and the team was not playing beautiful football.

ehsan

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
Branko's resume with Iran was great. The main criticism was that he was result oriented and the team was not playing beautiful football.
we played great football, fast flowing

games were we did not:
Iran China ac 2004, were down to ten men, with a shrunken exhausted squad. (we had like 3 banned players)

WC 2006 <--No karimi, injured hashemian/kia/zandi
What do you think he was suppose to do?

Our team was really just karimi, kia/kaabi attacks.

ehsan

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
Branko was kicked out because he had an affair with Daei.
When i look back at it it was ridicilous having a 37 year old be a starter and so out of form/shape as daei.
his love affair with daei, (or daei was controlling th eteam) made eveyrone lose respect for branko.

This is the only reason why he had to leave, no othe rreason.

During this period ahamadnejad was in his transition of destroying IFF, which when branko left just imploded.

Jun 18, 2005
Branko and Dadkan were kicked out by Ali Abadi who was for having domestic coaches for TM. Lets not forget that Daei was awarded the TM job in 2008. TM has not had a foreign coach since Branko.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
the team who won asian game with branco had a loss to oman .akhe che begam.
har kee mige branco was a good coach had no idea what really a football game is .
just watch this omid team in second half with japan and bring on any game of branco 'era with all iranian stars and compare it .
delam mikhost oon qoute maroof torkee ru baz ham tekrar konam vali choon in ha ee ke goftand branco khoob coach boode ru doost daram nemigam .
tekrar nashe , chon momkene dafe ye dige begam .

May 14, 2003
CA
the team who won asian game with branco had a loss to oman .akhe che begam.
har kee mige branco was a good coach had no idea what really a football game is .
just watch this omid team in second half with japan and bring on any game of branco 'era with all iranian stars and compare it .
delam mikhost oon qoute maroof torkee ru baz ham tekrar konam vali choon in ha ee ke goftand branco khoob coach boode ru doost daram nemigam .
tekrar nashe , chon momkene dafe ye dige begam .

hehehe
kako joon hala behet bar nakhore... ma ghasde jesarat be hamshahri shoma ro nadashtim, man khodam shakhsan gholam peyrovani ro kheili doos daram! :)
Ama Branko ye chize dige bood...

ama Peyrovani, Gotbi, va baghiye be paye Branko naresidan ta hala... in a m ke migan kashk migan!

Dec 12, 2002
usa
jojeh mashtee jan, avalan eftekhar mikonam ke shirzi basham ,sorry but i am not ,btw i like the way they talk,i like the city , i like beautiful sabze shirazi girl,like abadani ,like kermani, khyeli doostdashtenee hasatand ,vali ma hich cheezi az branco va teamesh nadidm, i used to argue with this real nice guy martin-reza who i believe has a real good vision in football and big branco supporter days in days out .that branco only used 12,13 players all the time ,the reason later on we had goal scoring forward drought was him . btw i really don't take people of eastern europe too seriously , never have had problem with them but i can't help it .khyeli alaki hastand .
some cretain stuffs ,like football korkori here i don't get upset . as long as you accept that persepolis sarvar tamam asia ast .

May 14, 2003
CA
jojeh mashtee jan, avalan eftekhar mikonam ke shirzi basham ,sorry but i am not ,btw i like the way they talk,i like the city , i like beautiful sabze shirazi girl,like abadani ,like kermani, khyeli doostdashtenee hasatand ,vali ma hich cheezi az branco va teamesh nadidm, i used to argue with this real nice guy martin-reza who i believe has a real good vision in football and big branco supporter days in days out .that branco only used 12,13 players all the time ,the reason later on we had goal scoring forward drought was him . btw i really don't take people of eastern europe too seriously , never have had problem with them but i can't help it .khyeli alaki hastand .
some cretain stuffs ,like football korkori here i don't get upset . as long as you accept that persepolis sarvar tamam asia ast .
Okay aziz, I love Shirazi people too.. They are warm and friendly and some of my greatest friends are Shirazi... I just wanted to say that the reason I put up this post was not to disrespect Mr. Peyrovani, because I like him as a person.

But in all honesty, Iran's first real opponent in the tournament was actually Japan.. So this does not say much about the team...

The problem is most people don't like Branko, because he invited Ali Daie.. That's a very unfair way of judging a coach!
He should be judged by the results he obtained, not by his personal choice of player selection,
His Results were :
1st place in Pusan under 21 (which we could not repeat with Peyrovani)
3 place in Asian Cup (we will see how Ghotbi can match that soon!)
Easy advance to WC (we already saw how we were not able to repeat this with other coaches in the next WC)

These are undeniable facts..... lets look at them truthfully and make judgment,....

But I will tell you one thing, until I see a coach that obtains better results than Branko, I will say it over and over, we were very unfair to him , he did a good job, and the result we got with the next 6-7 coaches that came after him speaks for itself... there is really not much to argue unless if we are talking based on emotions and personal preference.. but as far as results obtained, we made a mistake by sacking him.. the only way that would have been right was to bring in a Top World Class Coach (Escolari, or Furgeson level ) otherwise, it was not fair to sack Branko and bring coaches 2 levels below him! Just made no sense,,... AND WE CAN SEE THE RESULTS!