To ISP....regarding your cover story about greco Roman GOld...

Oct 19, 2002
THank you ISP for all you do, but I think there is a mistake in the cover story where it says, this is the 3rd ever gold in Greco-Roman for IRAN.

Who is the 3rd person besides Sourian and Rangraz??????I think this is the second Gold, not 3rd.

Thanks

Jun 20, 2005
Sweden
Sourian's gold was definitely the third one for Iran. Alizadeh took gold in WC 1969 (and not 1972). In 1972 olympic games it was Rahim Aliabadi (I'm not sure of his name) who took silver medal in Münich.

The two medals for Iran (including the silver Ashkani received recently), is very promising and have to be regarded as a boosting in iranian greco-roman wrestling as well as diversification in iranian top sports. The talisman is broken and new wrestlers know now that anything is possible and Iran has approched the leading edge. In Souriyan, Iran has obtain a new confident and secure "Rezazadeh' or 'Miresmaili' that Iran can rely on.

I think setting a goal of obtaining ay least 10 medals (four golds) in olympic games in Athens is not an unrealistic objective for iranian sports.

Last edited:

Sina(ISP)

Senior Advisor/Moderator
Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles ,CA
Herman Khan said:
Sourian's gold was definitely the third one for Iran. Alizadeh took gold in WC 1969 (and not 1972). In 1972 olympic games it was Rahim Aliabadi (I'm not sure of his name) who took silver medal in Münich.

The two medals for Iran (including the silver Ashkani received recently), is very promising and have to be regarded as a boosting in iranian greco-roman wrestling as well as diversification in iranian top sports. The talisman is broken and new wrestlers know now that anything is possible and Iran has approched the leading edge. In Souriyan, Iran has obtain a new confident and secure "Rezazadeh' or 'Miresmaili' that Iran can rely on.

I think setting a goal of obtaining ay least 10 medals (four golds) in olympic games in Athens is not an unrealistic objective for iranian sports.
I stand corrected. It was 1969, and not 72.