To people in USA

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
the thing is that the existing healthcare wasn't really working, many people were kind of not injured and it wasn't only about not being willing to work and healthcare and free market don't really work that well.

If you go for free market and health care, many people will end up not being insured, because it makes no sense for the insurance company to give the guy an insurance, for health, premium or whatever else reason. That's why health care should be a public good, at least in theory and as long as it's not crippling the country.
From what I got, the new bill is not even a real public plan but a mixture, similar to how it works in Switzerland. But I have to say that I didn't follow the plan in detail for time reasons.

Also, he was attracted by many leftists and progressives but he was actually more of a center guy. Half of his people are from Chicago...I mean, if that was a heaven for leftists, then Friedman would be turning in his grave.
It worked Mahdi Jan, just didn't work perfectly. But to make it better, he is not doing anything to the core of problem.
Of course many ppl can't buy insurance, because healthcare became the most lucrative business for insurance companies and malpractice lawyers. The latter group are forcing Drs to do defensive medicine to cover their own ass before anything and as the result increase the cost of healthcare a few times.
The other problem is the American attitude about life that is sometimes unreal. So many 90 year olds are getting $80,000 devices that by a chance of 30% prolongs their demented life by 2 years! Many of them didn't even pay that much tax whole their life. I see examples of this everyday, but sometimes my own jaws drop. Last week I was trying to force discharge a woman by informing her that because for last 6 days there was no need for inpatient treatment for her, she might endup paying the bills out of her pocket. Her answer was "who cares, the bill for my kid's surgerires was way over $5M and I never paid a penny"! The real problem was that she had an untreatable condition, and went through all the misery before she died because nobody dared to explain it and stand firm for it. Yesterday I had another patient who had 16 ER visits for chest pain (including full work up) in 45 days to our hospital alone, and this is going on for last 5 years. Noone has the balls to document his heart is ok and the source of his pain is elsewhere, because if he just by statistics is going to have a heart attack in next god knows how many years, everyone's ass would be in the line!

Last edited:

perspolis ny

Bench Warmer
Mar 4, 2005
Pooya Jan,
We just need to look at who he followed.
Bush single handedly was about to collapse the economy with his policies , was against environmental policies, got US involved in foreign wars and the US hated by all countries including Europeans.
Change can't be drastic considering Neo cons are inflexible and control the republican party.
In one year, I believe a lot has changed. Obama has seen that not every body agrees with him. But US is respected more now and the economy will recover.
I surely believe that before he leaves office, whether three years or 7 years from now, The US will be in a much better standing, both economically and politically than when he took over.
I hope his policies don't kill the green movement and hopefully he will get to meet with an Iranian delegation before he leaves office!!!

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
He has been a disappointment to any liberal.

but as a practicial matter he will be considered a mild success if he manages to get rid of pre existing conditions in insurance market.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
just cause I'm curious...how is Atlanta??

I got to meet some guys from Atlanta(Morehouse students) during my time at LSE...I really don't know what Atlanta got except for clubs but I guess there are lots of companies there.
I'm not in Atlanta anymore but it is flat, green, segregated, vast, and hospitable. They have a big piece of rock 50 meter high which they call "mountain"!!! The regional economy was very strong back when I was there, and it should still be one of better ones in US.

Oct 18, 2002
I will give O a C to C-
Good: It seems universal health care can be established but God knows if it will work out for everyone ( see Hamid jans concern "ME")
Good: US picture in European countries are better but still US soldiers are in danger
Good: He expresses his ideas much better and he has a better understanding of certain matters compared to his former dude.
Good: He presents African Americans very well and shows power towards his cabinet
Bad: Those managers who stole millions from banks and government had to take tax payer money to protect the overall banking system, shows O loves capitalism and was scared to attack those who used the system to fill their own pocket (see Lehman). How come someone ruined The Company still get millions to leave. This is a topic the government has to intervene
Bad: Iraq is still not solved. There might be less suicide bombings as many news agencies stop showing those devastating pictures anymore but overall Iraq's government is instable.
Bad: Another 30.000 soldier are sent to stop the Taliban. I guess O has not much knowledge with whom he is dealing with.
Bad: He accepted Ahmadinejad as a legitimate president and never really stood behind protesters such as warning the government not to kill students (how come he opens his mouth when Taliban to some attacks) Reason: US overall does not care about democracy in Iran
Bad: Security overall in the US is worth than ever (see recent Nigerian terrorist) See security check points in the airports
Bad: Guatanamo still not closed even though he promised it in his agenda at the beginning of his legacy
Bad: He still follows Bush air pollution policy but not signing Kyoto protocol
Bad: He is scared to tell Cancler Merkel to send more soldiers
Bad: US dollar is in bad shape
Bad: US depts hits record high

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Interesting how most people think the economy is going to turn around soon. We are going through what Japan went a couple of decades ago. It used to be when we went into recession the Fed would ease money supply & bring down the rates and people/businesses would borrow and invest but now even if they do borrow the money they pay down their debt. They have no other choice because the debts are still there on purchases they made with easy money of the last Fed easing. The only thing that would get this economy going is more gov't spending and that is political suicide. So Obama is doomed if he does and doomed if he doesn't. He inherited a mess and only one thing will help him and that one thing, is very unpopular at this moment. He has 3 years so he should do it sooner because the more he waits the more likely he will be a one term president.

houman

Bench Warmer
Oct 14, 2004
Dallas, TX
I'm not in Atlanta anymore but it is flat, green, segregated, vast, and hospitable. They have a big piece of rock 50 meter high which they call "mountain"!!! The regional economy was very strong back when I was there, and it should still be one of better ones in US.
Stone mountain has a decent laser show every week. But yeah, Atlanta's pretty flat, not as flat as Dallas though.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Interesting how most people think the economy is going to turn around soon. We are going through what Japan went a couple of decades ago. It used to be when we went into recession the Fed would ease money supply & bring down the rates and people/businesses would borrow and invest but now even if they do borrow the money they pay down their debt. They have no other choice because the debts are still there on purchases they made with easy money of the last Fed easing. The only thing that would get this economy going is more gov't spending and that is political suicide. So Obama is doomed if he does and doomed if he doesn't. He inherited a mess and only one thing will help him and that one thing, is very unpopular at this moment. He has 3 years so he should do it sooner because the more he waits the more likely he will be a one term president.
I guess whether he is a one term or two term president will depend largely on who the Republicans can come up with. The party is right now intellectually absolutely bancrupt and if a creationist believer like Bobby Jindal is the best they can come up with, then well...maybe he can go for 2 terms, no matter what he does.

Oct 18, 2002
Reza mageh tu dar Amerika zendegi mikoni?

US depts hits high records yani chi? Khejalet bekhor!

baba chera kheshalat bokhor to keh aslan kheshalat nadari keh betuni ham assash sier bishi looool
This is for your education
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt[/ame]

and this is reality

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

well, if I dont say anything this thread can be closed because what the hell do most US citizen know about their situation and what O realy does
:2:

Top of that most US news channels are pretty much censored. I dont have to go into more details but if one of the biggest known and well seen news channel in the US is FOX News please tell me where this will end up

Here another one for your little American brain hahahahaah
http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Perfectly put Zob Ahan jan! soo true. :)

I know this question was directed at ppl in USA only, bc they know the best.but As an outsider and recently visiting big cities in usa(after yr of obama being in charge) I have to say Im very disappointed with Obama's approaches in diff aspects,specially specially U.S economy. He literally is dragging Americans into loads of debt and actually causing sever Economic Depression era happening near future throughout USA.

His absolute lunatic idea to bail out disastrous companies like AIG,F&M, Big failing banks (ie.bank of america among the few) and investment banks,that all of them without exception r still paying double digit bonuses to their failing CEOs.

And im sorry when obama gives speech with a pissed off/sad face that "I cant stand wall street mentality of making ppl poor by giving bonuses to their directors", thats such a "wolf cry". He and his stupid officials bailed out and rewarded these failing companies and frankly Americans will only be poorer when he finishes his term even in 8 yrs time.

And what disappointed me most about his wrong policies was that he Intentionally added debt to American families with that "cash for clunker" program(that he lies that it was a big 'success' cuz it'll only added debts to those Americans who couldnt afford more expensive/newer car at this point), and most imp, his new low mortgage policy that temporarily reduced "bankruptcies and house auctions" bc ppl assume with lower mortgage now they r better off tomorrow,whereas very soon there will be inevitable High INFLATION and high interest rate that will take down American families into economic depression era for yrs to come.. and another very dangerous point is the "misleading" job-data information announced by US govt. One day they say "USA"'s job losses were lower last month, to boost market and U.S $ temporarily, then a week later there is a "job data correction" that "no actually USA lost more jobs last month"!!

Ive worked in big companies, including the biggest telecom company in Canada which is also big in USA, and I can assure you how EASY and COMMON it is for companies and govt to TWEAK/Change data based on their interests..they'd constantly change their Revenue data to keep shareholders happy and their competitors confused, but in reality they were a bankrupt huge company that even U.S banks didnt give them loans to survive on their own so they were bought out by Canada Pension Plan! Im pretty sure with the confusing/misleading job data that comes out of USA, they r tweaking job data to make Americans optimistic, make them spend more, and then boom high inflation with cuts in major public services! ;) :(

So to my dear ISPers whom I care about a lot and as a younger sister, I just want to give u heads up that there r such Miserable time economically ahead for all of u residents unfortunately. :( so plz protect urself and ur family by investing on Gold and other commodities ahead of huge inflation, or just move to Canada that it still is a leading example of a success story among others during recession n our genius educated head of central bank opposed and hit at usa for "bailing out bc of too big to fail notion" and "warns Canadian in advance to not overspend big items now as he announced they will def increase interest rates in June." so our top economist, Actually prevents bubbles (Mike Carney) instead of Actually creating bubble(like obama).:)

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2002
usa
nilou jan, very good analyzing of current american economy ,however like you said canda is doing good and will do even much better .the only thing is not so great about canda is the killing cold weather .
now i ask you a question if you answer that. in next 15,20 years canda will be on top of the world for this (????) .this is beside your oil reserve .
what is it which put canda as number one industrial world ?.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
nilou jan, very good analyzing of current american economy ,however like you said canda is doing good and will do even much better .the only thing is not so great about canda is the killing cold weather .
now i ask you a question if you answer that. in next 15,20 years canda will be on top of the world for this (????) .this is beside your oil reserve .
what is it which put canda as number one industrial world ?.
thanx Payan jan! hehe true that about cold weather in Canada! but hey we've got Vancouver-Victoria which have very mild warm weather 365 days of the year?!:)

no dont think Canada will become a world leader in industrial world. China, India, Brazil will..or maybe Japan once more. but not Canada. Although Canada has large oil reserves, but still realistically within the next 10-15 yrs more environmentally-friendly and viable options will be available to replace oil/coal consumption.

The one thing Canada can fully rely on, is its strong currency compare to USA, and possibly having more business relations with China-Europe now than before(after being hit so hard by USA recession and were mostly reliant on USA up until now) and of course better parliamentary system compare to USA's ridiculous congress politics and Wall Street. One of the good lessons learned by all countries(I think) after this recession was that you can never fully trust Wall Street, Capital market, and involved investors/analysts there. and you cant really become leading industrial country, if you rely on one major economy/country only. :)

Dec 12, 2002
usa
nilou jan, correct about china or india about fast growing industrial nationsbut population wise and rely on others natural resources would never make them a super industrial nation.however canda has everything going for them ,natural resources and good size ,not big population, good oil-gas reserve plus canda has most vital resource, 80% of world drinking water is in canada .having said all that .usa is the best country in the world ,i mean it .

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
nilou jan, correct about china or india about fast growing industrial nationsbut population wise and rely on others natural resources would never make them a super industrial nation.however canda has everything going for them ,natural resources and good size ,not big population, good oil-gas reserve plus canda has most vital resource, 80% of world drinking water is in canada .having said all that .usa is the best country in the world ,i mean it .
All ur points are very valid Payan jan, but at the same time Canada is pretty weak in "Leadership". Canada too has become partisanship recently like in USA unfortunately, and one party's interests dominate the nation and province's interests unfortunately. + the fact that population is still pretty low, and families are reluctant to have more kids(bc of expense/tax issue?), makes Canada lag behind China-India a lot.

USA may be the best country to live in the world, bc of its great ppl, great civilization, and total respect bn ppl, but there is huge gap bn politicians' interest and what American ppl want/need. In that aspect, USA is very much behind European countries, where almost always ppl rule the govt decisions.
Then take into account, the current administration's horrible economy management and u'll soon witness American ppl's dreams vanish, their assets devalued, their country in disarray, and all other countries ridiculing American policies/politicians and country management(but that would be too late). I really hope USA doesnt become that way..but with current mismanagement and self-interests that are %100 against American ppl's interests(both in White House, Central bank, and Congress/Senate), I can only be very pessimistic about USA's future..:(

Last edited:

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
I guess whether he is a one term or two term president will depend largely on who the Republicans can come up with. The party is right now intellectually absolutely bancrupt and if a creationist believer like Bobby Jindal is the best they can come up with, then well...maybe he can go for 2 terms, no matter what he does.
Actually -barring a major national security crisis- the single decisive factor in 2012 will
still be the economy. If there are tangible signs of improvement, particularly in job creation, Obama will win a second term by a landslide. Otherwise either Romney or Pawlenty will be the next president. Jindal's star is fading and he'll be a VP prospect at best.