Transfer news/rumours summer 2013

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
The transfer season is slowly but surely starting up again, we can discuss all news and rumours here. Some interesting news:

-Newly promoted AS Monaco have bought FC Porto duo James Rodriguez and João Moutinho for 70 million euros (45 million for Rodriguez, 25 million for Moutinho). There are strong rumours that Radamel Falcão will be presented on Monday as Monaco's next signing, all made possible by the wealthy Russian owner of the club. Victor Valdes and Patrice Evra are also being linked to the club.

-Coach changes in Milan: Inter have, not surprisingly, fired Andrea Stramaccioni. Walter Mazzarri has been strongly touted as his replacement. Despite the fact that Galliani wants to keep him, it looks like Massimiliano Allegri will be fired at AC Milan by Berlusconi. Clarence Seedorf will probably be his replacement.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Give me Thiago Alcantara or give me death. he will fit real well with Michael Carrick in Manchester United midfield. what a great world class potential.

[video=youtube;pZEtXuclS6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZEtXuclS6s[/video]

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
Wow. Napoli is going to be a very consistent euro cup performer now, with the talent at their disposal. If they can get some money as well as Dzeko for Cavani and bolster their squad... who knows...

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
It's Moysey's first signing for Manchester United.

And it allows Man United fans to keep chanting:

Rio Rio Rio Rio
Give a hug to the bro

Ferdinand agrees new deal

Rio Ferdinand has signed a new one-year contract, in a deal that will see the defender complete his 12th season as a first team player.

http://www.manutd.com/en/news-and-f...agrees-new-one-year-contract-with-united.aspx

David Moyes: “It is clear for everyone to see that Rio has had one of his best seasons with the club and I think even from the outside you can see what a big character Rio is around the dressing room so I am delighted he has signed a new contract and I am looking forward to working with him”

Rio Ferdinand: “I am delighted to have signed a new contract. Who wouldn’t want to play in this fantastic team in front of 75,000 fans each week, it has been an incredible journey and I am glad it will continue. I can now fully concentrate on my club career, which has worked well for me over the past few years.this is a great team to be part of and we are now moving into a new era with the club which is very exciting. I have met with David and I am really looking forward to working with him and winning many more trophies with this great club”.

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
Barcelona to sign Neymar

Barcelona have secured a deal to sign Santos starlet Neymar for an estimated €28 million on Saturday.

The Brazil international will join Camp Nou on a five-year contract having rejected overtures from Real Madrid - who are believed to have offered the Sao Paulo club €7m more than the Blaugrana to no avail.

The forward will earn a base amount of €7m-per-year at Camp Nou which, although less than he was being offered by the Santiago Bernabeu side, will see him earn extra due to an agreement with international sports brand Nike.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/05/25/4003878/barcelona-to-sign-neymar?ICID=HP

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Barcelona to sign Neymar

Barcelona have secured a deal to sign Santos starlet Neymar for an estimated €28 million on Saturday.

The Brazil international will join Camp Nou on a five-year contract having rejected overtures from Real Madrid - who are believed to have offered the Sao Paulo club €7m more than the Blaugrana to no avail.

The forward will earn a base amount of €7m-per-year at Camp Nou which, although less than he was being offered by the Santiago Bernabeu side, will see him earn extra due to an agreement with international sports brand Nike.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/05/25/4003878/barcelona-to-sign-neymar?ICID=HP
Di Maria, Higuain, Khedira, Benezma Out? Lewandowski In, Los Blancos Cleaning House?
http://www.ibtimes.com/real-madrid-...-benezma-out-lewandowski-los-blancos-cleaning

Agree with Di Maria, guess between Gonzalo and Karim one should stay, £22 million for Khedira? cash it now.

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
Di Maria, Higuain, Khedira, Benezma Out? Lewandowski In, Los Blancos Cleaning House?
http://www.ibtimes.com/real-madrid-...-benezma-out-lewandowski-los-blancos-cleaning

Agree with Di Maria, guess between Gonzalo and Karim one should stay, £22 million for Khedira? cash it now.

Arsene Wenger confirms on French TV that Robert Lewandowski has signed for Bayern Munich

Wenger confirmed the rumour that has been swirling about around Europe for some time – that Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski will be joining Champions League final opponents Bayern Munich this summer.

Lewandowski won't be hanging about, says Heynckes

The 68-year-old has suggested that the Poland striker could be on his way to the Allianz Arena next season
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...ays-heynckes?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_3

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Neymar to Barca is 100% now. Awesome move, i love it.
I have a very bad feeling about this. The kid does amazing things with the ball, but does he have the intelligence required to play Barca's game? Are we going to have another Alexis?

And how is he going to get along with el jefe maximo (messi)? The only positive thing here so far is that Madrid won't be getting him - I'm sure that's a blow for them, he fit in their DNA so well. Could have sold them so many shirts!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Neymar to Barca is 100% now. Awesome move, i love it.
Have you become a Barca fan? You seem to cheer for them more than for Real Madrid!

I have a very bad feeling about this. The kid does amazing things with the ball, but does he have the intelligence required to play Barca's game? Are we going to have another Alexis?
Ipride jan, judging by the last games in the champion's league, you don't need much of intelligence to play Barca's game anymore. ;) J/K

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
Radamel Falcao will undergo Monaco medical & sign for €60m on Monday

The final fee paid by Monaco to Atletico Madrid is believed to be 60 million euros with Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev reportedly outbidding the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United.

Falcao will earn 12 million euros a season on the French Riviera and it was this mammoth salary that convinced the Colombian striker to forego any concerns about a lack of Champions League football at Monaco next season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/26/falcao-transfer-monaco-medical

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002

The final fee paid by Monaco to Atletico Madrid is believed to be 60 million euros with Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev reportedly outbidding the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United.

Falcao will earn 12 million euros a season on the French Riviera and it was this mammoth salary that convinced the Colombian striker to forego any concerns about a lack of Champions League football at Monaco next season.

Glad my team is going big even that it is in the hands of Russian mafia. With the spendings at PSG and Monaco, won't be more than few years that the next big league will be league 1.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

What bid ? Manchester United never made an open bid for Falcao. even the linked Guardian article doesn't mention a bid by Manchester United.

Last edited:
Benitez hired by Napoli. Chelsea players already welcoming Mourinho's return.
Rafa's move to Napoli has been denied by the Italian club's president.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...De-Laurentiis-clarifies-Rafa-Benitez-comments

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis clarifies Rafa Benitez comments

By Nadia Carminati. Last Updated: May 24, 2013 8:02pm

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has clarified his earlier comments regarding a deal being agreed with Rafa Benitez to become the club's new coach.

Earlier on Friday, De Laurentiis was quoted as saying that current interim Chelsea manager Benitez had agreed a two-year contract to take charge of Napoli.

However, De Laurentiis now appears to have backtracked slightly by stating that he is not in a position to announce who will replace Walter Mazzarri.

De Laurentiis has identified Mazzarri's successor, but has claimed he is unable to publicly name his next coach until permission has been granted by his target's current club.

"I've closed the negotiations for the new coach, but I can't officially announce it until I get permission from the other club with which he's under contract until June 30th," De Laurentiis told reporters.

"I met in the hall of my hotel here in London a group of people who I have known for many years and I told them, 'I got myself a gift', but I don't name names.

"It could be Pellegrini, Benitez, Blanc, Heynckes or someone we know who is looking for a bench for the future.

"Unfortunately, I can't say due to UEFA's rules, because I am waiting for the club who has him under contract to give us permission to announce it."

Of the names mentioned by De Laurentiis, former Liverpool boss Benitez is not the only potential candidate who will shortly be out of contract.

Manuel Pellegrini has already confirmed he is leaving Malaga, although he is widely expected to take charge at Manchester City, while Jupp Heynckes is being replaced at Bayern Munich by Pep Guardiola.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com

And how is he going to get along with el jefe maximo (messi)? The only positive thing here so far is that Madrid won't be getting him - I'm sure that's a blow for them, he fit in their DNA so well. Could have sold them so many shirts!
Have you become a Barca fan? You seem to cheer for them more than for Real Madrid!
I am happy Neymar went there cuz i dont think he will succeed , It was a dream when i read the news, wanted him as far as possible from Real, we already have one moron (CR) to deal with another would just be disaster.

Neymar wants all the spot light on him, and when he is not going to get it (since no freaking way he is better than Messi) he will do crazy things :) een az maa goftan, enjoy him :)

oh btw, how has he played vs European team like England when Brazil played them ?

Thanks,