travelling with a car

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
i was thinking about going to iran with a car was wondering if anyone knows the routes nd how much it will roughly cost to go to iran from england with a car:-/

ehsan

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
your chances of dying will probably increase atleast 3%.
Meaning if you take the route a 100 times, Im sure 3 of those times you would be dead/atleast critically injured.

Its pretty stupid and reckless to drive thru so many 3rd world countries.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Dude, forget it.
I had this idea when I was a student here in the UK. Iranian students were free to take a car to Iran without paying gomrok. I looked into it and decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

Besides, think of the milage you are adding to the car.

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
thanks for the help guys but i just gathering information for me mate he wants to go to iran with his car... btw can u enter iran with a diesel car and how much do u have to pay for gomrok

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
thanks for the help guys but i just gathering information for me mate he wants to go to iran with his car... btw can u enter iran with a diesel car and how much do u have to pay for gomrok
Depending on the car it could be somewhere between 80%-150% of the value of the car. Yes it's unbelievable but it's real.

You buy a Mercedes for 50K and you end up paying 50K for Gomrok, making the price of the car over 100 Million Toman in Iran.

Fucking ridiculous

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Besides the gomrok, you will need to study your route very carefully. Find out exactly what towns you are going through, what they are like and where you can find hotels and other amenities. You need to get breakdown cover all across Europe too.
This is not such a problem while you are in western Europe but once you hit Bulgaria and then Turkey things will start to get hairy. East of Turkey is very volatile now too as you are going through Kurdistan region.