Trump WAS the president

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I believe at this point even so called "reformists" are more in tune with reality than Sly. Heck! Even Zarif wouldn't say something like that :)
What actually shocks me is that most Iranian in Iran want Trump to win because they know their life won't change.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Actually what Sly said sums up the mentality of "reformists" in Iran. It's the perfect proof that no US president can change Iran. Only Iranians can change Iran, and why the IR has survived for more than 40 years. With mentality like that, IR will be there in another 40 years.

In 20 years, Afghanistan and Iraq will be functioning democracies with normal relations with the world, while Iran is still shouting death to the West and struggling with the right of women to choose what they wear, dissidents being hanged in prisons and protesters shot in the street.

The difference is that those countries don't have simpletons with mentality like Sly.
and you are the one claiming you don't support Trump for a possible regime change. lol

Dude, we've had revolutions. What good did come out of them? If you think forcing regime change will make things better, you are delusional. Iraq and Afghanistan will be functioning in 20 years.... Yeah...wait and dream for that day to come. With this mentality who's the simpleton? The same mentality that went out in the streets and did the revolution for 42 years ago.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I believe at this point even so called "reformists" are more in tune with reality than Sly. Heck! Even Zarif wouldn't say something like that :)
Oh don't be sour as a Trump supporter. Talking about being in tune with reality.....You were the one claiming Trump to be the best president the US had ever seen. LOL even the republicans themselves laugh at this statement.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Trump supporters remind of the Hezbollahis in Iran. They are disillusioned and out of touch with reality and will do and listen to anything their supreme leader (Trump) tells them to do. In Arizona Trumpets are chanting "count the votes" and in Detroit they are chanting "stop the count" lol.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trump supporters: &quot;Stop the vote!&quot;<br><br>Also Trump supporters: &quot;Count that vote!&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/election2020?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#election2020</a> <a href="https://t.co/ctyIop97gf">pic.twitter.com/ctyIop97gf</a></p>&mdash; The Recount (@therecount) <a href=" ">November 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
My hope is that with Biden, the sanctions will lift off and once the oil can officially be sold again, money will poor in the country. In addition, when/if the US comes back in the JCPOA, most European countries can come back and continue their previously made business deals with Iran. That in itself will create more jobs at the same time that people can breath a bit.

Having said that, my worry is Biden's age. He's already 77 years old. If he survives 4 years, he'd be 81. I doubt he will continue his reign as president even if he wanted to. and looking at recent history, republicans have always replaced democrats consecutively in the white house. So the next republican president may go back on Trump's foot steps again.

Anyways, first thing first......let's hope Biden wins.
Yeah I heard Siemens is putting it's plant right where Kaahrizak was.

Oct 18, 2010
the problem for trump is that even his 'party' does not want
him to win now.he is basically a 3rd party candidate at this time.

you don't see any of republican officials coming to his defense.
heck even fox news has given up on him.

maybe this will lead to an end to the corrupt and outdated 2 party
dictatorship in american politics. that's what his supporters need
to put their energy in acheieveing post elections.

for now people in the streets will try to sort things out since the
'system' is totally corrupt and incapable of addressing their concerns.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
and you are the one claiming you don't support Trump for a possible regime change. lol

Dude, we've had revolutions.
Iranians are filled with visceral hate. in 1979 that we were filled with hate.
we like F**K shah and his cronies and we don't care who replaces them.

right now many people have the same sentiment toward IRI.
F**k them. i want them to hurt even if it mean Iranian people are gone suffer big time in process, even if it means the country has chance of falling apart.

This is an emotional reaction, nothing to do with rational thinking.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Iranians are filled with visceral hate. in 1979 that we were filled with hate.
we like F**K shah and his cronies and we don't care who replaces them.

right now many people have the same sentiment toward IRI.
F**k them. i want them to hurt even if it mean Iranian people are gone suffer big time in process, even if it means the country has chance of falling apart.

Yes but you have to understand that sentiment in 1978 result of decades or maybe centuries of "Rohaniat" telling people how great an Islamic government will be.
Same thing happened in Europe: for centuries the church governed and then people realize that a priest can't make rules and regulation for a modern society. Religion wasn't omitted but sidelined.

Now if you are not the "emotional" kind, tell me what people should do when they have to go home to their families with nothing ? Please advise us.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Yes but you have to understand that sentiment in 1978 result of decades or maybe centuries of "Rohaniat" telling people how great an Islamic government will be.
Same thing happened in Europe: for centuries the church governed and then people realize that a priest can't make rules and regulation for a modern society. Religion wasn't omitted but sidelined.

Now if you are not the "emotional" kind, tell me what people should do when they have to go home to their families with nothing ? Please advise us.
Half of the people who did the revolution were communists and others. They had nothing to do with rohaniyat. Read about it.

The answer to your last question is certainly not sanctions nor forcing a regime change at least. As it has been proven over and over again during the last 150 years.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Unfortunately that has been the main problem in Iran during the whole history. Emotional reactions, irrational emotional decisions, have destroyed Iran over and over again. and that is exactly why we are where we are today. That needs to be wiped off from our culture.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Half of the people who did the revolution were communists and others. They had nothing to do with rohaniyat. Read about it.

The answer to your last question is certainly not sanctions nor forcing a regime change at least. As it has been proven over and over again during the last 150 years.
You didn't answer my question. Just said that is not the right way but empty proposition :D

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
You didn't answer my question. Just said that is not the right way but empty proposition :D
Not answering is much better than coming with the wrong proposition. ;)

The right way is to let the people be. Let reform to slowly take place. Older generation will eventually die and new ones will take the lead. No, things may not change that much in our life time. Our parents' generation destroyed it for us. Accept it. But at least it will be better for our grand children. Go out and change the regime with force now and not only you but neither your grand children will have a good life.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
The right way is to let the people be. Let reform to slowly take place. Older generation will eventually die and new ones will take the lead. No, things may not change that much in our life time. Our parents' generation destroyed it for us. Accept it. But at least it will be better for our grand children. Go out and change the regime with force now and not only you but neither your grand children will have a good life.
So your answer to current generation (i.e. a 20 year old person) is that you sacrifice your life and maybe (and only maybe) your children and grand children will have a better life (WOW :D)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
No, you don't. Your parents' generation did the job. It does make you go wow. and a few bad words on top of that too.

We just need to make sure not to do the same mistake as they did.
You sound like "Ziba Kalam" LOL

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

I am not following how you can argue on behalf of people who can' make ends meet; when you are rooting for more sanctions and more pressure.

It is as if there is a ship with mad-man of a captain. who is making weird maneuvers.

and then certain folks who are like oh god, i really wish some other boat would cam ram into us to stop this guy (war).

some other people are like no that is too crazy and costly; don't allow the ship to dock at any port. (sanctions).

and don't get me wrong, I don't have any illusions about IRI's ability to reform themselves in a speedy fashion.
but I just don't see how the anti IRI approach of war or crippling sanctions will benefit the people in that country.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002

I am not following how you can argue on behalf of people who can' make ends meet; when you are rooting for more sanctions and more pressure.

It is as if there is a ship with mad-man of a captain. who is making weird maneuvers.

and then certain folks who are like oh god, i really wish some other boat would cam ram into us to stop this guy (war).

some other people are like no that is too crazy and costly; don't allow the ship to dock at any port. (sanctions).

and don't get me wrong, I don't have any illusions about IRI's ability to reform themselves in a speedy fashion.
but I just don't see how the anti IRI approach of war or crippling sanctions will benefit the people in that country.
The ship will never dock to any port anyways and even if it does, the captain friends are only allowed. So the outcome for me (the passenger) is the same unless I will take control of the ship. Not too hard to imagine lol