U F C Talk

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
two great finishes last night. Jon Jones simply amazing.

Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida
http://mma-geeks.com/2011/12/11/jon-jones-vs-lyoto-machida-fight-video-ufc-140/

Frank Mir vs Big Nog (check out the crazy finish)
http://mma-geeks.com/2011/12/11/frank-mir-vs-antonio-rodrigo-nogueira-fight-video-ufc-140/
Was a very fast Passe fights... I was in a Xmass Party and couldn't watch it live as usual but came home watch the whole card in 45 min!!!

I was 100% sure Jones would get Mechita , was just matter of time!

Tito should hang it!!! so he aint get lose after lose like the way Chuck Ladel gone out! prefer him as "hunigton Beach bad boy" to 'people's Champ!'...

So impressed by Frank Mir! was the Sickest & Nastiest Kemura I even seen! (even nastier than SAkuraba and Henzo Gracie fight)... apparently he broke and dislocate Nog's aram!
i have a feeling that Overeem Gonna Walk through Lesnar and Mir Vs Overeem gonna be his next stop...

We will c

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
Was a very fast Passe fights... I was in a Xmass Party and couldn't watch it live as usual but came home watch the whole card in 45 min!!!

I was 100% sure Jones would get Mechita , was just matter of time!

Tito should hang it!!! so he aint get lose after lose like the way Chuck Ladel gone out! prefer him as "hunigton Beach bad boy" to 'people's Champ!'...

So impressed by Frank Mir! was the Sickest & Nastiest Kemura I even seen! (even nastier than SAkuraba and Henzo Gracie fight)... apparently he broke and dislocate Nog's aram!
i have a feeling that Overeem Gonna Walk through Lesnar and Mir Vs Overeem gonna be his next stop...

We will c
I gotta disagree about the Reem, I think Lesnar will take him down and GNP him. He has never faced a wrestler even close to Brock Lesnar. That being said I hope I'm wrong, wouldn't mind seeing Overeem KO that big retard.

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
That broken arm + popped out shoulder!!! not listening to ref when he is saying "protect yourself at all times"... means I know you r a BJJ Black and it's a tradition that you not tapping to anybody...but we Fing smart and tap!
his shoulder popped out when Mir's catch him in the 1st place .... then he didn't tap and Mir yanked it more... then that joint has no where to go so...

Pirouz

Bench Warmer
Feb 14, 2005
Can
www.klarweb.com
surprised that he doesn't need surgery. Only 9 months out before he can return to action!

Don't forget Strikeforce this Saturday! Melendez VS Masvidal and Mousasi VS OSP

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
surprised that he doesn't need surgery. Only 9 months out before he can return to action!

Don't forget Strikeforce this Saturday! Melendez VS Masvidal and Mousasi VS OSP
yeah they wait for broken arm to heal...then they do shoulder surgery repair...
looking forward Strike Force this wekend...

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
UFC 141

here are the fights

Preliminary card (televised)
Lightweight bout: Anthony Njokuani vs. Danny Castillo[1]
Featherweight bout: Ross Pearson vs. Junior Assunção[1]

Main card
Featherweight bout: Nam Phan vs. Jimy Hettes[1]
Light Heavyweight bout: Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Alexander Gustafsson[1]
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks[1]
Lightweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Donald Cerrone[1]
Heavyweight bout: Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem[1]

I can't really pick between Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone, although Cerrone has the more complete standup game, the Diaz brothers have really sick boxing. On the ground I'd give the edge Nate Diaz, but then again Donald Cerrone is probably stronger than Diaz which would help him stay on top.

Overeem vs Lesnar - another close one, but I'm leaning towards Brock just because I know he will take Overeem down, he takes division I champs down like Velasquez (but Velasquez popped right back up and took Brock down). I really don't think the Reem can pop back up like that and he also doesn't have the footwork and quickness as a heavyweight to sprawl and brawl like a JDS. Don't mind being wrong about this one though, would love to c the Reem knock out Brock and send him back to fake wrestling.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
I think Overeem will kill Lesner.

Stand up, there is no contest. On the ground, lesner has an advantage, but Overeem has held his own on the ground with black bjj's.

I do agree that Lesner's only shot is to take Overeem down and keep him down. If they stand up, it's suicide for Lesner

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
^well you might very well be right but I don't see him getting up from under Brock Lesnar if the fight goes there, but the thing is as long as Overeem can keep it standing for 2 minutes a round, he will knock him out.

By the way, Alistair has been training with an Iranian wrestler for the last few weeks of his training. Hopefully the guy is top notch.

anyways here are my picks for the card

Gustaffson by tko
Fitch by fitching hendricks to death
Lesnar by gnp
Cerrone by decision

Last edited:

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
do you happen to know the name of the Iranian wrestler? I cannot think of anyone big enough
no i don't think he is famous or anything, but you can see him in this interview when he says a few words. Also it doesn't really matter if they are as big as Brock or not as long as they have great technique and can teach him how to stand back up when he gets taken down or defend the take down better. I mean Velasquez is at least 40 lbs lighter than Brock on fight day but in terms of wrestling skills he is way better than Brock honestly or Couture out wrestled Brock even though he is a whole 50lbs lighter. I'd much rather learn wrestling from a Cain Velasquez, Randy Couture, Ben Askren or Phil Davis than Brock Lesnar. It's all horse power with Brock Lesnar ...

check it out from the 1:55 mark if you dont wanna see the whole thing

[video=youtube;R_WkBNTfFVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R_WkBNTfFVc[/video]

Last edited:

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
UFC 141

here are the fights

Preliminary card (televised)
Lightweight bout: Anthony Njokuani vs. Danny Castillo[1]
Featherweight bout: Ross Pearson vs. Junior Assunção[1]

Main card
Featherweight bout: Nam Phan vs. Jimy Hettes[1]
Light Heavyweight bout: Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Alexander Gustafsson[1]
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks[1]
Lightweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Donald Cerrone[1]
Heavyweight bout: Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem[1]

I can't really pick between Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone, although Cerrone has the more complete standup game, the Diaz brothers have really sick boxing. On the ground I'd give the edge Nate Diaz, but then again Donald Cerrone is probably stronger than Diaz which would help him stay on top.

Overeem vs Lesnar - another close one, but I'm leaning towards Brock just because I know he will take Overeem down, he takes division I champs down like Velasquez (but Velasquez popped right back up and took Brock down). I really don't think the Reem can pop back up like that and he also doesn't have the footwork and quickness as a heavyweight to sprawl and brawl like a JDS. Don't mind being wrong about this one though, would love to c the Reem knock out Brock and send him back to fake wrestling.
Nate Diaz vs. Donald Cerrone: very hard to say! I personally don't like Diaz coz he talks like a retard...
Overeem vs Lesnar: I give Brock 5% chance of winning! he will try to take him down and get lucky with ground and pound .... 67 pro fights for Overeem K1s and MMAs....Brock is a cocky bastard!

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
hehe, Alistair !! what a monster, well everybody already knew he is a beast. big fan of him, very down to earth but confident guy. Also he is friends with a lot of Iranians / middle eastern people from what I've seen. i think he'll get the belt.

good riddance to Brock, yeah he is humbled only right after somebody kicks the shit out of him. At least it's something, as they say doing martial arts is a very humbling experience.

Alistair Overeem vs JDS

that's gotta be the best heavyweight championship fight in years, looking forward to it.

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
I told ya....
Yes Overeem has had lots of losses in his MMA career specially but come on, Brock in just a wrestler, he just gave him couple body shots.... and he is a good friend with hamid 'Akira' Corassani Actually ... Overeem and JDS would be awesome...but I think Overeem beats him too...

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I was expecting him to at least attempt a decent double leg but not even. Brock is just finished, people have figured him out. good thing he retired and saved himself more embarrassment.

Yeah I agree with you there, I think he will beat JDS.