UEFA team of the Year 2007

Kaesra

Bench Warmer
May 29, 2006
Holland
The Nomanies are

Keepers:
Edwin van der Sar, Pepe Reina, Andrés Palop, Petr Cech en Iker Casillas

Rightback/Wing back: Gianluca Zambrotta, Sergio Ramos, Massimo Oddo, Javier Zanetti, Daniel Alves
Centraldefenders (x2): Nemanja Vidic, Kolo Touré, John Terry, Carlos Puyol, Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini, Rio Ferdinand, Ricardo Carvalho, Jamie Carragher, Daniel Agger
Leftbacks/Wing back: Royston Drenthe, Eric Abidal, Patrice Evra, Philip Lahm, Marek Jankulovski

Midd. right/right wingers: Cristiano Ronaldo, Franck Ribéry, Lionel Messi, Aleksandr Hleb, Gennaro Gatusso
Central middfealders: Christian Poulsen, Andrea Pirlo, Steven Gerrard, Cesc Fabregas, Mickael Essien
Midd. left/left wingers: Clarence Seedorf, David Silva, Ricardo Quaresma, Florent Malouda, Ryan Giggs
Attacking Midd.: Rafael van der Vaart, Wesley Sneijder, Ronaldinho, Kaká, Diego

Strikers (x2): Francesco Totti, Luca Toni, Wayne Rooney, David Healy, Ruud van Nistelrooij, Frédéric Kanouté, Filippo Inzaghi, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Didier Drogba, Afonso Alves

Trainers: Juande Ramos, Alex Ferguson, Fabio Capello, Rafael Benítez, Carlo Ancelotti

Please add your favorites for winning on every position , if you'd like of course :)
You can cast your official vote here http://www.uefa.com/fanzone/teamoftheyear/2007/index.html
My favorites are Red

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Great list!

Although seems like they are ranked best, based on last season(2006-2007) not current half season of 2007.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Should we take league or uefa or both?? Btw. what has drenthe lost there?? here's mine though..

Keepers:
Iker Casillas

Rightback/Wing back: Daniel Alves
Centraldefenders (x2): Kolo Touré, Ricardo Carvalho
Leftbacks/Wing back: Eric Abidal

Midd. right/right wingers: Cristiano Ronaldo
Central middfealders: Mickael Essien
Midd. left/left wingers: David Silva
Attacking Midd.: Kaká

Srtikers (x2): Francesco Totti,Ruud van Nistelrooij/Didier Drogba

Trainers: Carlo Ancelotti

Please add your favorites for winning on every position , if you'd like of course :)
although the way the players were picked was ridiculous..

Kaesra

Bench Warmer
May 29, 2006
Holland
This is what the site says (Uefa.com), maybe I should have added it in the original post but ...

Voting has begun for the uefa.com users' Team of the Year 2007. The poll, now in its seventh edition, gives the users of uefa.com, Europe's football website, the chance to select a team of players who have made their mark in European football over the last 12 months.

Click here to view the nominees and cast your vote
http://www.uefa.com/fanzone/teamoftheyear/2007/index.html

Top 60
Sixty players and managers have been nominated for 12 positions, including coach, and after voting closes on 11 January the final side will be announced on 14 January on uefa.com. The nominees were chosen by uefa.com staff writers on the basis of their daily coverage of football throughout Europe. The players were selected on the strength of their performances for club and country in 2007.

Popular poll
The uefa.com Team of the Year is not intended to rival more established awards, and does not bear the official UEFA imprimatur. Nevertheless, it has proved hugely popular with fans, and nearly 12 million votes have been cast in previous polls with the 2006 version attracting 3,887,556 votes registered by 323,963 users.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
counting is tricky but i picked 6 players, not 7...
great...so you can count to 7...which takes me to the point, what do I care? I didn't say that you picked 7 players, did I? you picked 7 out of 12, counting in ferguson as a candidate..but eitherway.

and to me the 6 players i chose are just as good as the others in their category.
you don't get the point, do you?

and why alves?? i hear good things about him bud
but you still haven't seen him play..

I have heard good things about a schwanzlutschn too, but I wouldn't really like to try it.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
no i dont get ur point. do explain...
im sure as a barca fan lookin at that list u would have liked to have been able to put up 5 barca players in that team (except ronaldinho). it's not my fault u cant, and as a manutd fan i can put up 6 players bcuz those 6 players are good enough.
even if I could have, I wouldn't have put up 5 Barca players in any team. There's something called "a whole world of football", which makes me aware that there are good players in other teams too.
And the point of such teams is to get a healthy mixture from various teams, not 5 players from the team that lost in semifinals.
do you get the damn point now or not or should I start reading Ya'sin for you?