UK PM: Police need power to seize passports of would-be jihad suspects

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Now this is very interesting .... Does UK have a that big of a problem with ISIS recruits ?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/01/world/europe/isis-uk-threat-level/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
(CNN) -- British Prime Minister David Cameron called Monday for a new law to give police the temporary power to seize a passport in case a British citizen is suspected of trying to travel to support ISIS.
Cameron told lawmakers meeting in the House of Commons on Monday there were two gaps in Britain's fight against the threat of terror at home.
The first pertains to suspects traveling abroad, he said.
"Passports are not an automatic right," he said. "We will introduce specific and targeted legislation to fill this gap by providing the police with a temporary power to seize a passport at the border, during which time they will be able to investigate the individual concerned.

Nov 29, 2002
Obviously generalising her, but Pakistanis and Bangladeshis post-1960s immigrants of UK are more easily radicalized than similar Arabs of France or Turks of Germany.

From a national perspective, Pakistanis entire culture (in terms of separation of identity from Indians) is based around religion.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Does UK have a that big of a problem with ISIS recruits ?
No but when it comes to introducing shitty laws into people's lives, you don't need big problems. All you need is isolated cases here and there. That's what the law enterprise (lawyers, judges, prisons, police and politicians) is always looking for. Isolated cases that give them an excuse to add more bullshit to the already thick book of bullshit.

UK's problem with radical Muslims is very simple to understand:

When you import radical Muslims into your country and encourage them to breed, guess what you'll end up with? More radical Muslims!

Coming to your friendly Toronto neighborhood in the near future.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
No but when it comes to introducing shitty laws into people's lives, you don't need big problems. All you need is isolated cases here and there. That's what the law enterprise (lawyers, judges, prisons, police and politicians) is always looking for. Isolated cases that give them an excuse to add more bullshit to the already thick book of bullshit.

UK's problem with radical Muslims is very simple to understand:

When you import radical Muslims into your country and encourage them to breed, guess what you'll end up with? More radical Muslims!

Coming to your friendly Toronto neighborhood in the near future.
They teach you that at the first day of law school.

Also to add, I've been in the UK and all over Europe now I don't think UK has an ISIS recruiting crisis but the Dr brought up a fair point. I'll take your word for it about the Pakistani's, I know it's a generalization but it seems like from my experience, Pakistani's have a higher chance of joining some radical group. The Turks for the most part want to work and they are happy overall they are in Germany and not in Turkey. As for the Arabs, if they are out in the west, for the most part they are trying to get an education and work. Only a small percentage of them who move to the west, do so for the sole purpose of jihad. Also, BT I read a disturbing stat in most European countries, the most popular name is Mohammed and the average European, like the average American has around 2.2 kids but the average Muslim has 5 kids. This is not the problem I am not an Islamophobe but I am worried about that radical guy who has five kids. They have a good chance of becoming radicals themselves.

Good subject and good question bro because this problem needs to be addressed. I say, like the US government went after the Mafia, family by family, the US and her allies need to eradicate radical Islamist's cell by cell. That is the only way you will stop this.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I say, like the US government went after the Mafia, family by family, the US and her allies need to eradicate radical Islamist's cell by cell.
Mafia is not an ideology. It's an extortion enterprise with very well defined limits and operations.

Radical Islam is an ideology based on disproportionate eventualities like conversion of all humans to Islam and the ruling of Allah over the entire universe. It's a never ending battle that encourages killing and being killed.

Different ballgame with no apparent cure at the moment.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
some questions

Who funds these groups ?
How did they originate ?
Are the same people who created the problem qualified to fix it ?
Who profits from these conflicts ?
When does a group become terrorists exactly, is it when a westerner is killed ?

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
some questions

Who funds these groups ?
How did they originate ?
Are the same people who created the problem qualified to fix it ?
Who profits from these conflicts ?
When does a group become terrorists exactly, is it when a westerner is killed ?

thes jihadist terrorist groups were created,armed and financed by nato+isreal+qatar+saudi
in order to kill as many syrians as possible to overthrow the legitimate government in syria
in order to 'weaken' the iranian axis in the region.as long as they did that they were considered
freedom fighters.iran+lebanon+russia drew a line in the sand and defeated these animals in syria.
they branched out to iraq in order to kill innocent folks there and still their masters did not object.
they had their very own supporters on this board from the start:

http://forums.iransportspress.com/s...e-verge-and-what-does-his-fall-mean-for-Iran-!

now they have turned on their own creators and are chopping off the heads of their master's subjects and are being called names.
this is a classic case of blow back.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Now this is very interesting .... Does UK have a that big of a problem with ISIS recruits ?
I don't know if the UK has a big ISIS problem but it doesn't have to be big. If it was up to me I would let ISIS set up recruiting stations right there in London. Syria and Iraq are perfect meat grinders for Islamists. Why would you stop them from going there? I would just not let them back in.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
they had their very own supporters on this board from the start:

now they have turned on their own creators and are chopping off the heads of their master's subjects and are being called names.
this is a classic case of blow back.
Before you rewrite history, what was happening 3 years ago on the ground is far different than now. I, and a few others, never supported "they", as in jihadists. The first armed resistance against Assad was splinters of the Syrian army in the form of the FSA. There were no Jihadists. The break up of Syria, Hezbollah, Iran axis is as valid then as it is now but it needs a strategy. Obama sat on the sidelines studying, studying and studying the situation. Just what he is doing now. Nature abhors vacuum. It WILL be filled. I do give you this much. The experience of Syria and Libya is that if you don't have a well though out plan, leave the dictator in place. Nobody thought the US would sit this one out. I know you say this is all a plan and from day one Obama was working on creating ISIS. I think you are giving Obama far more credit and vision. He barely knows what he is going to do this afternoon.

May 9, 2004
من واقعا از این جریان تعجب می کنم
یعنی امریکا و انگلیس نمی دانند که این ملیاردها دلاری که داعش خرج خرید اسلحه و مهمات و این چیزها می کند
از طرف کویت و عربستان و قطر و زیر نظر حکومت های این کشورها تامین میشود ؟
حجاج العجمی و شافي النشمی و نبيل العوضي از بزرگترین تامین کنندگان نفرات و کمک های مالی در خیابانهای کویت خوش و خرم می گردند
مردک پارسال اشکارا امد پشت دوربین تلویزیون و گفت که دیروز دوستان ما در سوریه سر یکنفر و بچه شش ساله اش را در انتقام از کشتار رژیم اسد بریدیم
و صدها نفر برایش هورا کشیدند
فلان عضو پارلمان کویتی با ذافتخار عکس را را توی روزنامه می اندازند که دارد در سوریه می جنگد
فلان مفتی عربستان اشکارا می اید پشت دوربین و میگوید کشتار همه اینها در عراق و سوریه جایز ات از بچه شش ماه گرفته تا پیرمرد صد ساله
بعد انگلیس و امریکا این خبرها را نمی شوند و اینها را نمی شناسند؟
یکی از انها یک دکتر کویتی است که روزانه در دانشگاهای کویت تدریس میکند
همین حجاج الجمعی که از بیشترین کسانی است که کمک های مالی به داعش کرده
و صدها نفر را بسیج کرده تا از طرف ترکیه به عراق و سوریه بروند و به داعش بپیوندند
توی تلویزیون های رسمی و غیر رسمی به این کار افتخار میکند
تا جایی که داعش یک گردان را به نام او نامگذاری کرده است
یعنی انگلیس و امریکا نمی دانند که اینها از ترکیه و زیر نظر حکومت ترکیه وارد سوریه و عراق می شوند ؟
نمی دانند که مجروحان اینها در بیمارستان های ترکیه و اسرائیل مداوا می شوند ؟
تا جایی که صدای خود ترکها هم بلند شده که چطور مجروحان داعش در مجهزترین بیمارستان های ترکیه مداوا می شوند
اگر واقعا اینها می خواهند داعش را از بین ببرند اول بروند این اشخاص را بگیرند
به جکومت های کویت و عربستان و قطر و ترکیه و اردن بگویند که اینها را دستگیر کنید
شاید اشخاصی که در امریکا زندگی میکنند نمی دانند که تا چه اندازه نوچه های امریکا در منطقه داعش را یاری میکنند
ولی برای مردم منطقه کاملا روشن است که سیاه بازی های امریکا و انگلیس تنها و تنها بخاطر باز کردن دوباره جا پایی برای انها در منطقه است

بله جانم