Ukraine - The frontier for Russian and American

Oct 20, 2003
I don't know the history of that country and if Crimea was ever part of Russia before , if it was then the decision lies with the people .
but if it has never been part of thevil empire then this is just a lame excuse to annex a soverign state and is bullshit .
Crimea (the name always fascinates me as the place lots of crime are to be committed :)) was given to Ukriane in 1954 but back then it was all part of the USSR. Given the black see fleet port of Russia being in Crimea, I do not see how Russia will give up the control of Crimea easily. Referendum in a tense and volatile current situation will be mockery if you ask me.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Come on, surely you know better than to fall for that International Law nonsense excuse. Where was the respect for International law when the US invaded Panama? There are countless other examples. Let's not use International law excuse only when it suits.
Behrooz jaan, as civilized people international laws are all we have going for us and as civilized people we should all expect and in fact demand from our governments not only to act within the boundaries of international laws, but to uphold them and speak for them where and when they are being broken, regardless of who's doing it. If previous US administrations have broken international laws, they have been judged for it by the world's inhabitants - that fact should not be used among intelligent people to justify another country breaking international laws.

I did not support US invasion of Iraq and I do not support what Russia is doing in Crimea. I did support a UN mandated attack on Afghanistan and I did support Russia in its war against Georgia. Right is right and wrong is wrong - don't let politics and politicians define your principles as an individual.

Having said that, all people in this world have a right to self-determination and that includes Crimeans. But you can NOT hold a referendum at gun point or under duress, nor can you completely ignore the constitution of the country you currently belong to, or the political will of its people. The Crimeans have every right to hold a referendum, but not without the support of the Ukrainian government. The parties need to sit down together and sort through this mass with a negotiated solution that will be satisfactory to everyone with a potential referendum in due time - perhaps in 2 to 3 months. You need to provide the right amount of time and notice to people who want to move out, because they too have a right to self-determination.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't think any country is going to recognize this so called referendum in Crimea.

you can argue that Ukranians sort of brought this on themselves by not moving their country with and overwhelming consensus.

however, this is very dangerous precedent if strong countries like Russsia, the U.S, France and Britain be allowed to simply come in and carve a piece of a country.

Putin won't obviously give up now. but if the prime minister of Ukraine Stays cool they should assure Russia that the Warm Water Port will still be there for them. They should allow a bit more autonomy in Crimea and then save the day for everybody.

What's important in these situations is that all politicians must come out smelling like roses and not be overtly embrassed.

May 9, 2004
What a sad excuse for a human being. Your heroes have become Putin, Assad, Sheikh Nassrollah and Saddam for sure if he was still alive.
عمو
این همه پرت نگو و استدلال بیخود نکن
مگه من گفتم پوتین قهرمانه که تو کون لختی پریدی وسط و استدلال کردی ؟
من گفتم اینها فکر کردن پوتین هم مثل گورباچف یا یلتسین است و به همین خاطر غافلگیر شدن
اگر من بگویم مصر فکر کرده اسرائیل هم سودان است یعنی اسرائیل شد برای من یک قهرمان ؟
هرچند که سگ پوتین می ارزد به اوباما و امثال اوباما که خایه لای پایشان نیست مگه برای ضعیف ها و طالبان و افغانستان
پوتین بدون اینکه مثل اوباما و روسای فرانسه و بریطانیا واق واق کنه امد کریمه را ضمیمیه روسیه کرد کسی رو هم به تخمش حساب نکرد
اوباما مثل سگ پارس میکرد که من به سوریه حمله می کنم خط قرمز کشید اخرش تو خودش شاشید و بلانسبت هیچ گهی هم نتونست بخوره
خوب اگر قهرمان تو اوباما باشه قبوله قهرمان من هم پوتینه

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Behrooz jaan, as civilized people international laws are all we have going for us and as civilized people we should all expect and in fact demand from our governments not only to act within the boundaries of international laws, but to uphold them and speak for them where and when they are being broken, regardless of who's doing it. If previous US administrations have broken international laws, they have been judged for it by the world's inhabitants - that fact should not be used among intelligent people to justify another country breaking international laws.

I did not support US invasion of Iraq and I do not support what Russia is doing in Crimea. I did support a UN mandated attack on Afghanistan and I did support Russia in its war against Georgia. Right is right and wrong is wrong - don't let politics and politicians define your principles as an individual.

Having said that, all people in this world have a right to self-determination and that includes Crimeans. But you can NOT hold a referendum at gun point or under duress, nor can you completely ignore the constitution of the country you currently belong to, or the political will of its people. The Crimeans have every right to hold a referendum, but not without the support of the Ukrainian government. The parties need to sit down together and sort through this mass with a negotiated solution that will be satisfactory to everyone with a potential referendum in due time - perhaps in 2 to 3 months. You need to provide the right amount of time and notice to people who want to move out, because they too have a right to self-determination.
I agree with your point on international law. My point is that the US is the last country to remind us of it given their background. It's like the IR telling others not to execute dissidents.

As for the referendum, you can not doubt the fact that the majority of Crimeans are Russians and wish to become part of Russia again. You don't even need a referendum for this. No one is pointing the gun at the people and force them to get out of the house and vote in a certain way. Do you really think that a pro-western Ukrainian government would allow the majority Russian Crimeans to have a referendum? Come on!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I agree with your point on international law. My point is that the US is the last country to remind us of it given their background. It's like the IR telling others not to execute dissidents.
So even if the IR stopped executing dissidents at some point, you think they should not tell other countries to stop executing dissidents until the end of time?!

As for the referendum, you can not doubt the fact that the majority of Crimeans are Russians and wish to become part of Russia again. You don't even need a referendum for this. No one is pointing the gun at the people and force them to get out of the house and vote in a certain way. Do you really think that a pro-western Ukrainian government would allow the majority Russian Crimeans to have a referendum? Come on!
Not all ethnic Russians in Crimea want it to be a part of Russia. A similar referendum was held in the early 90's and that's in fact what led to Crimea being a part of the Ukraine. At any rate, you can't just have a group of people unilaterally deciding to hold a referendum to be a part of another country - there are rules and procedures, otherwise you can rest assured Liverpool would have already been a part of Pakistan and many cities in Canada would start carving up along ethnic lines. Even how you ask the question in such referendums has HUGE implications to the results.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
عمو
این همه پرت نگو و استدلال بیخود نکن
مگه من گفتم پوتین قهرمانه که تو کون لختی پریدی وسط و استدلال کردی ؟
من گفتم اینها فکر کردن پوتین هم مثل گورباچف یا یلتسین است و به همین خاطر غافلگیر

You are dripping with praise. You are just too much of a coward to admit it. Saddam violated sanctions, shot at planes flying the US imposed no fly zone and kept killing his people . He would have been your natural hero. Too bad you didn't get a chance to praise him.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
As for the referendum, you can not doubt the fact that the majority of Crimeans are Russians and wish to become part of Russia again. You don't even need a referendum for this.
Is this the blueprint for California too? Looks like they can join Mexico any day now based on your road map. It doesn't even need a referendum.

Oct 18, 2010
i am surprised that the aipac agents of the apartheid regime in isreal in the senate have not asked
for iran to be kicked out of wc yet.maybe coming up later.

Senators want Russia kicked out of World Cup

Two Republican senators say that Russia should get booted from the World Cup for its invasion of Crimea.
Sens. Mark Kirk (Ill.) and Dan Coats (Ind.) wrote a letter to FIFA President Joseph Platter on Friday calling on him to kick Russia out of the 2014 World Cup and strip it from hosting the soccer tournament in 2018.
“Since Russia has similarly displayed a brazen disrespect for fundamental principles of FIFA and international law, I hope you will agree that it does not deserve the honor of either hosting the World Cup or participating in one,” the senators wrote.

“We ask that a more deserving World Cup 2018 bid should be re-considered instead,” they said.
The senators cited FIFA barring Yugoslavia from participating in the 1992 European Championship and the 1994 World Cup as a precedent.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/global-aff...-russia-kicked-out-of-world-cup#ixzz2vPComiwe

May 9, 2004
You are dripping with praise. You are just too much of a coward to admit it. Saddam violated sanctions, shot at planes flying the US imposed no fly zone and kept killing his people . He would have been your natural hero. Too bad you didn't get a chance to praise him.
عمو چرت و پرت زیادی نگو
من دارم در مورد یک واقعیت و ان اینکه پوتین همانند گورباچف یا یلتسین نیست می گویم
چه ربطی به صدام داره یا اینکه پوتین قهرمان من است یا نیست
الان در منطقه این پوتین بوده که در برابر امریکا و هوادارانش ایستاده و انها نتوانستند کاری در مورد این انجام دهند
من این را می گویم
و تو می ایی و بی ربط حرف می زنی
برو بخوان در مورد اینکه من گفتم اسرائیل همانند حماس نیست و پاسخ مصر را در مورد ورود تروریست ها به خاکش می دهد را ببین
یعنی با این حساب نتنیاهو هم قهرمان من است ؟
برو عمو کس و شعر میگی

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States

الان در منطقه این پوتین بوده که در برابر امریکا و هوادارانش ایستاده و انها نتوانستند کاری در مورد این انجام دهند

Right there. You might as well be standing on a rooftop shouting P U T I N, P U T I N, P U T I N, P U T I N, P U T I N, P U T I N

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It is actually been very interesting that Israel has kept so quiet on the issue.

they are pro-Russian in this conflict but they can not upset the Washington establishment that likes to rile up against russians.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
It is actually been very interesting that Israel has kept so quiet on the issue.

they are pro-Russian in this conflict but they can not upset the Washington establishment that likes to rile up against russians.
Thay have enough issues with Washington at the moment to rock the boat any more Esi jaan. Speaking of boat, you heard about the large rocket seizure off the coast of Sudan? For Israelis it's better to keep focus on Israel at the moment because Iran is much more of a threat to a Jewish state and therefore Jews than fringe anti-Semitic groups like Svoboda ever will be. They're very smart in picking their battles and they know that Svoboda will come to the same fate as the Golden Dawn in Greece in a couple of years.

Israel PM Calls on EU to Confront Iran on Missiles

May 9, 2004
Right there. You might as well be standing on a rooftop shouting P U T I N, P U T I N, P U T I N, P U T I N, P U T I N, P U T I N
بله
واقعا دم پوتین گرم با چنان قلدری کریمه را تصاحب کرد که امریکا و نوچه هاش جفت کردند
دیروز اوباما گوز از هوا زد و گفت روسیه باید ارتشش را از کریمه بکشد بیرون
پوتین هم جوابش را خوب داد
خبرهای رسیده حاکی از ان است که روسیه تنها کریمه را نمی خواهد بلکه تمامی سرزمین های شرق اوکراین که اکثرا روسی زبان هستند را جزو روسیه می داند
این نشان می دهد که پوتین دست های لزران پوکر بازان امریکایی را خوب دیده
و می داند که چه عکس العملی باید در قبال تهدید های انها نشان دهد
فکر کنم پوتین از ابکی بودن امریکا در سوریه خیلی درس گرفته
نیروهای روسیه به طرف مرزهای اوکراین

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXVkVKLf6uQ

PUTIN PUTIN PUTIN PUTIN :--zaboon::cheer-2::bday: