Ukraine War

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Ukraine’s counteroffensive was in its second month when Andrey, a Russian soldier, called his wife to say his unit was taking heavy casualties. They were so badly equipped, he said, it felt like the Soviet forces in World War II.

“They are f*****g us up,” Andrey said by telephone on July 12, comparing the onslaught to the worst moments of Germany’s invasion of the Soviet Union. “No f*****g ammunition, nothing … Shall we use our fingers as bayonets?”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023...an-soldiers-appear-angry-at-losses-in-ukraine

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I have friends on both sides and can tell you the problems both militaries are facing. On the Russian side it is a lack of equipment. Units have to patrol by foot because Ukraine's army blew most of them up. The problem in Ukraine is 1 they are not organized in recruiting foreigners and 2- they do not have man power. I even volunteered to help with translation and said I was a US Navy vet. They did not even bother to reach out it is as if their attitude is, 'We got this we don't need outside help but we do need your money." I can tell you the casualties on the Russian side are mounting up and my estimation is the numbers are 7-1 in favor of Ukraine. Of course the problem with Russia and Ukraine, especially Russia is all the information is 2nd hand accounts, and there is no way one could verify it.

I don't know who will win but what I do know is Russia Ukraine will get worse before it get's better. Also, a loss of life is a loss of a life, be it that person is from Ukraine or Russia, one life is not more valuable than the other. This is a shame the Russian and people of Ukraine are both Slavic and Eastern Orthodox, they have more in common than they think.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Mark my words it will get much worse before it get's any better. I also see this as the end of one Vladimir M Putin. More and more people in Russia are deserting every day. Putin thought he would have Ukraine and Kiev in 3 days. The Russian ARROGANCE is the cause of this, they were unprepared and they were not ready for a fight. Putin thought this is WWII and just like Hitler was welcomed as a liberator in Austria, he would be welcomed as a liberator in Ukraine. That was not the case, the Russian Army were welcomed with Molotov Cocktails.