united 6 points clear

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Marg bar United, Marg bar Chelsea.
Ma(Arsenal) tu dahane hardoshun mizanim! If we get back our 8 injured players though.:5:

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
This Moronho is unbelievable. He is now complaining that his squad is not big enough. LOL. Ferguson is really amazing though. He hasn't won yet, but he builds these teams every few years and playing like this, I don't know how they will be stopped. I just hope when Evra's fit, he goes back to him because Heinze has been weak this season and their defence is much shakier with him playing, not to mention their attack is much slower.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Ferguson is really amazing though. He hasn't won yet, but he builds these teams every few years and playing like this, I don't know how they will be stopped. I just hope when Evra's fit, he goes back to him because Heinze has been weak this season and their defence is much shakier with him playing, not to mention their attack is much slower.
we defeated this 'amazing' team u just described! so..!!:)

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
we defeated this 'amazing' team u just described! so..!!:)
Niloufar jan, you won't find a bigger fan of Wenger than me and I like him more than Ferguson because I like his values more and also I like that he doesn't have close to what Chelsea and United have and yet Arsenal compete every year and either win something or go almost all the way in major competitions and are in the CL every year. Although you've been very unlucky with injuries and things would be different if Henry and Gallas were fully fit from the start, Wenger makes some strange decisions. As well as Senderos has played in the CL last year, he is weak in the Premiership. Same with Hoyte and Djorou. Yet he is being stubborn in trying to go with them and they just aren't up to it, at least so far. Ferguson has more money but his players also seem to have far more belief. And in the end, the table never lies.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Between a Russian and an American, I want to the russian to win EPL. Fulham played amazing and they did derserve a point.
I also rather prefer the Russian to win, despite Peter Kenyon, the asshole responsible for making United an unbearable brand, is with Chelsea now, but still, Glazer and his policy being rewarded would be a disaster.

This Moronho is unbelievable. He is now complaining that his squad is not big enough. LOL. Ferguson is really amazing though. He hasn't won yet, but he builds these teams every few years and playing like this, I don't know how they will be stopped. I just hope when Evra's fit, he goes back to him because Heinze has been weak this season and their defence is much shakier with him playing, not to mention their attack is much slower.
Well, I don't want to defend him here, and it's their own fault at the end, but they are really thin on central defenders. Shows you what happens when you let a cheque happy russian buy players by his own taste. Shevchenko wasn't a player Mourinho wanted to have and Mourinho more or less is proving that he more or less can't handle star players.
With that said, ManU have to play Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea away coming.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Let me quote Khomeini here:

Perspolis az Juventus badtar, Juventus az Perspolis badtar, Arsenal az har do badtar! Moshkelet yek timo do tim nist hamshireh!!!
loool,mibinam keh shabe tatili u missed my fav kick again!!!!:kick: :peep:
Arsenal rules!!they just sometimes actually rule!!!lol

Niloufar jan, you won't find a bigger fan of Wenger than me and I like him more than Ferguson because I like his values more and also I like that he doesn't have close to what Chelsea and United have and yet Arsenal compete every year and either win something or go almost all the way in major competitions and are in the CL every year. Although you've been very unlucky with injuries and things would be different if Henry and Gallas were fully fit from the start, Wenger makes some strange decisions. As well as Senderos has played in the CL last year, he is weak in the Premiership. Same with Hoyte and Djorou. Yet he is being stubborn in trying to go with them and they just aren't up to it, at least so far. Ferguson has more money but his players also seem to have far more belief. And in the end, the table never lies.
well actually Senderos proved to be competitive in CL, and today we missed Gallas and Eboue among our defenders and had to line up Senderos, Toure(which cost us the only goal of the game), Hoyte(he was poor)and Clichy. but I agree we need a decent backbone defender.

Without Ljungberg and Hleb, we missed our entire playmaking power. considering our young leader, Fabregas, was rested till 65th min. and Rosicky, God I think we should make a zip file of his goal misses for Arsenal just in 6 months. ghrrrr..

iranissick

Bench Warmer
Dec 10, 2005
london, on
I like that he doesn't have close to what Chelsea and United have and yet Arsenal compete every year and either win something or go almost all the way in major competitions and are in the CL every year.
arsenal doesn't have close to what man united have? I'm not entirely sure but I wasn't aware that the resources available to ferguson were that much more than wegner. man united actually made a profit in the transfer market this summer. so we're not really going around blowing money off. and arsenal definitely has quality players, and they're also active in the transfer market.
in what way are they less fortunate than manunited?

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
arsenal doesn't have close to what man united have? I'm not entirely sure but I wasn't aware that the resources available to ferguson were that much more than wegner. man united actually made a profit in the transfer market this summer. so we're not really going around blowing money off. and arsenal definitely has quality players, and they're also active in the transfer market.
in what way are they less fortunate than manunited?
Here is a list of the richest clubs: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4716174.stm

Arsenal is even behind Liverpool. Wenger's transfer budget is far less than Ferguson. It's not just revenue, but a transfer budget. United don't always have to sell to buy. Wenger invariably has to sell to buy and he buys players for peanuts and sells them for millions. Look at almost every summer Ferguson gets Rooney, Ferdinand, Carrick, Ronaldo, and would have signed Ronaldinho if he simply didn't prefer Barca. Arsenal can never compete with that, not just transfer fees but wages. Ferguson deserves credit because of he is the one who rejuvenated United, but they have been a bigger club than Arsenal since the 50's and on a global scale are the biggest football brand in the world.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
Here is a list of the richest clubs: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4716174.stm

Arsenal is even behind Liverpool. Wenger's transfer budget is far less than Ferguson. It's not just revenue, but a transfer budget. United don't always have to sell to buy. Wenger invariably has to sell to buy and he buys players for peanuts and sells them for millions. Look at almost every summer Ferguson gets Rooney, Ferdinand, Carrick, Ronaldo, and would have signed Ronaldinho if he simply didn't prefer Barca. Arsenal can never compete with that, not just transfer fees but wages. Ferguson deserves credit because of he is the one who rejuvenated United, but they have been a bigger club than Arsenal since the 50's and on a global scale are the biggest football brand in the world.
You are right Sirabijan, Man Utd is definitely a richer club and has larger spending budget than Arsenal and you are totally right about the fact that Arsenal has to always sell to buy unlike United. But this hasn't been the case for last two years at Old Trafford. United bought Park J Sung and Michael Carrick as their main signings, and Evera, Vidic and Kuzzack for small monies and lost two of their most crucial players Roy Kean and RVN. On the other side, Arsenal bought Walcott, Heleb, Rosicky and lost only Viera (I'm forgetting about Bapista-Reyes and Cole-Gallas+5M trades here).

Btw, about Ronaldinho, I don't think he preferred Barca over Man Utd, he was actually more eager to join United. PSG and his brother/agent chose Barca simply because Barca offered more than that Zan-gha*be (excuse my French, I hate his guts) Keneyon was offering to PSG.

Last edited:

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
Well, I don't want to defend him here, and it's their own fault at the end, but they are really thin on central defenders. Shows you what happens when you let a cheque happy russian buy players by his own taste. Shevchenko wasn't a player Mourinho wanted to have and Mourinho more or less is proving that he more or less can't handle star players.
With that said, ManU have to play Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea away coming.
Well...taghsire khode kharesh bood. He gave away Gallas plus 5M and only got Ashely Cole, that means giving away two players (Gallas as central and left back) and getting only a left back. Lets not forget he lost Huth and Glenn Johnson who could have been a huge assist to them at the moment and only bought Boulahrouz. So in another words he lost four defender and only bought two to replace them.

And of course I'm kidding by calling him khar, he is indeed one smart Matha Fu*ka, but in this case he preferred Quality over Quantity which was a mistake IMO.

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
You are right Sirabijan, Man Utd is definitely a richer club and has larger spending budget than Arsenal and you are totally right about the fact that Arsenal has to always sell to buy unlike United. But this hasn't been the case for last two years at Old Trafford. United bought Park J Sung and Michael Carrick as their main signings, and Evera, Vidic and Kuzzack for small monies and lost two of their most crucial players Roy Kean and RVN. On the other side, Arsenal bought Walcott, Heleb, Rosicky and lost only Viera (I'm forgetting about Bapista-Reyes and Cole-Gallas+5M trades here).

Btw, about Ronaldinho, I don't think he preferred Barca over Man Utd, he was actually more eager to join United. PSG and his brother/agent chose Barca simply because Barca offered more than that Zan-gha*be (excuse my French, I hate his guts) Keneyon was offering to PSG.
You might be right Ardy jan, but I always thought that United offered more but he chose Barca because he thought it would be a better fit.

Look at this: http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats/stats_turnover_10.htm

This is old, but I think if you look over 10 years, it is much more reflective of the two teams spending powers. Arsenal's spending comes largely from player sales, their ability to win in competitions and what that gives you in commercial revenue. If you took that away and Arsenal and United had to go head to head, United would trounce Arsenal. It's not just transfer fees but how much you pay the players and United can offer much more. Arsenal only signed Rosicky for money this summer. They did get Adebayor, Walcott, and Diaby in the winter break but only Walcott was for 5 million which will rise to 12 depending on appearances. There were rumors that Adebayor was a huge signing but I remember Wenger saying in an interview at the time that it wasn't as much as people thought. Vidic was no bargain, he was signed for 7.2 million pounds and Arsenal were after Evra but I suspect couldn't get him because of money. I'm not saying Arsenal are poor and I think Ferguson often makes much better decisions than Wenger when it comes to selecting a team, but in terms of money, United are a giant compared to Arsenal.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
You might be right Ardy jan, but I always thought that United offered more but he chose Barca because he thought it would be a better fit.

Look at this: http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats/stats_turnover_10.htm

This is old, but I think if you look over 10 years, it is much more reflective of the two teams spending powers. Arsenal's spending comes largely from player sales, their ability to win in competitions and what that gives you in commercial revenue. If you took that away and Arsenal and United had to go head to head, United would trounce Arsenal. It's not just transfer fees but how much you pay the players and United can offer much more. Arsenal only signed Rosicky for money this summer. They did get Adebayor, Walcott, and Diaby in the winter break but only Walcott was for 5 million which will rise to 12 depending on appearances. There were rumors that Adebayor was a huge signing but I remember Wenger saying in an interview at the time that it wasn't as much as people thought. Vidic was no bargain, he was signed for 7.2 million pounds and Arsenal were after Evra but I suspect couldn't get him because of money. I'm not saying Arsenal are poor and I think Ferguson often makes much better decisions than Wenger when it comes to selecting a team, but in terms of money, United are a giant compared to Arsenal.
Very ture mate. The thing about Wenger is he knows how to find talents for cheap but he doesn't do well when it comes to signing big names (players that he pays a lot of money for). Reyes and Hleb for example.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
Well...taghsire khode kharesh bood. He gave away Gallas plus 5M and only got Ashely Cole, that means giving away two players (Gallas as central and left back) and getting only a left back. Lets not forget he lost Huth and Glenn Johnson who could have been a huge assist to them at the moment and only bought Boulahrouz. So in another words he lost four defender and only bought two to replace them.

And of course I'm kidding by calling him khar, he is indeed one smart Matha Fu*ka, but in this case he preferred Quality over Quantity which was a mistake IMO.
HAHA! What I was talking about...

But Mourinho was distinctly lost for words when asked why he sold defenders William Gallas to Arsenal and Robert Huth to Middlesbrough in the summer.The sales left him short of defensive cover and while Khalid Boulahrouz was acquired as a replacement for one of them, he has yet to prove he can adapt to English football.Boulahrouz missed the draw with Fulham through suspension but will be back for the trip to Villa, although Mourinho will be without banned German midfielder Michael Ballack.Mourinho said: 'Why I sold Huth and Gallas? It is a good question. There is no answer, there is no answer.