US Open

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
The last grand slam for year 2005 is just underway now. I have not checked the draws yet but just like almost everyone I think Nadal and Roger will be in the final. And as much as I love Roger, I think Nadal will win it this year. I saw him in the Rogers cup against Agassi and he was just great. On the other hand, although Roger just won the Cincinnati cup, he looked shaky and to me it didn't seem he is in his top form. Safin is out due to injury, and we all know how Hewitt and Andy are, so we are left with Nadal and Roger. Again as much as I like Roger to win it, I think it will be Nadal who will pull it off.

And btw, Go Sharapova Go...:)

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Naveed M said:
Roddick and Sharapova are dating i've heard...

But what a chocker Roddick going out..

One more reason to hate Roddick..

guy is useless..

I have my hopes on a Agassi win, because this would make it an incredible end to his career. I hope and think that this will be a tournament of surprises in favour of agassi.

Otherwise, I hope and think Federer should still handle it.

Agent Smith

Bench Warmer
Jul 8, 2003
It seems like Roddick just doesn't have what it takes to be a champion: intensity, focus, determination, hunger, sharpness, etc.

The guy has home court advantage and has a chance to finally beat Federer, but instead goes out in the first round to a nobody from Luxemburg. Maybe it's time Sampras comes out of retirement and show the guy how it's done.

Romira

IPL Player
Dec 13, 2002
middle of no where
Monday, Sep 5
Men's Fourth Round

*Andre Agassi (7) def. Xavier Malisse, 6-3, 6-4, 6-7 (5-7), 4-6, 6-2
Guillermo Coria (8) def. Nicolas Massu, 6-4, 2-6, 6-7 (5-7), 6-2, 6-2
Richard Gasquet (13) vs. Robby Ginepri, 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (10-8)
*James Blake def. Tommy Robredo (19), 4-6, 7-5, 6-2, 6-3

Oct 11, 2004
Sydney, Australia
karimifreak said:
james blake is on fire but what difference does it make when federer is there
Blake is in the opposite side of the draw compared to Federer, so they can only meet in the final; and if it happens to be Blake vs Federer final, Blake will be hoping his red hot and Federer is off his game on the day !!!

But i reckon Hewitt will beat Federer !!!