USA or Iran?

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well, today USA proved to be a better team than Iran. with one man down they were not settling and actually showed to be quite dangerous in attacks. they sure have something to brag about even if they don't qualify, whereas Iran, well....could get a tie (at best) with mexico (Just based on our first half performance) and of course an inevitable loss against Portugal. Our team still lacks BASIC fundumentals.
1. WE CAN NOT PASS..admit it..
2. WE DO NOT HAVE A LEFT FLANK

It was evident how years of Improvemnt in MLS and ever imporving football structure has helped this team to reach where they are now.

USA-Ghana and Italy-Czech both should be entertaining matches to watch.

Bardia

MohammadLin

Bench Warmer
Aug 9, 2004
What surprised me the most was the fact that they were running like dogs for 90 min without a small sign of downgrade in their performance... little suspicious when you are playing with one man down against Italy, you know what I mean!

Other than that they were very impressive, but I hope Ghana destroyes them. ;)

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
We would have been happy today, if Iran had played half as good as the US. They are prepared, and we went in with salavat.

hshduppsnt

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2004
This shows you what money organization and training do...
but then again despite our failure... Iran v Mexico Iran much better than USA vs Czech...

its all relative... so the key really is the adjustments they made...

American's are super fit, there can be no argument about that.

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
the US is a better team than Iran, almost every team in the tournament is guys. we need to come to reality.

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
US is progressing each year while Iran stays the same. defend, defend hope for a tie or small margin loss.

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
guys look at the tapes from our 78 world cup and our style of play, and tell me if its not the mirror image of that team. the whole worlds long been playing this mdoern soccer and getting better while we still depend on salavaat and divine intervention to give us miracles like USA 98 and Australia

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
MohammadLin said:
What surprised me the most was the fact that they were running like dogs for 90 min without a small sign of downgrade in their performance... little suspicious when you are playing with one man down against Italy, you know what I mean!

Other than that they were very impressive, but I hope Ghana destroyes them. ;)
yeah, it's called being fit which is something we should try. There is really no excuse for coming to the world cup in the shape which we have and I'm not talking about the players who just recently returned from injury. It seems that we just start to stand and walk around when the 75th minute rolls around.