USB Key problem

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
nemidoonam chejoori injjooori shod vali harmoghe usb key vasl mikonam be computer mikham az my computer openesh konam ye error miad mige baad formatesh koni format nashode .... vali hameye assignmentam tooshe anyone know how can i get the files or fix this errorrr please??

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
Try rebooting your machine. It sometimes helps.

Then try running ScanDisk on it. (right click on it and go to tools or advanced and run a scan)

Than try other computers.

You may be out of luck mate.
tryd the scandisk it says u need to format the disk drive :( i guess im fd

nd i tryed it on 3 different computers in college library my laptop nd desktop vista nd xp same errors in all of them

Sepahan

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2003
I had same problem before and rebooting solved it for me. Try the following hopefully it will work otherwise you are F@$ked.
In Window XP, go to start, All Program, Accessories and then window explorer. See if you can open your drive this way. It may sound silly, but last week a colleague had this problem and we opened the files this way. Good luck.
If it did not work try, Start, All Program, Accessories, then c:\command prompt. You will be in DOS prompt. Then at C:\******> do the following and you need to know the drive name e.g D, E, or J.
If your drive is E then type the following.
C:\******> dir E:
then hit the ENTR and see if it list all the files on your USB key. If this works, then maybe you will be able to retrieve the data.

Last edited:

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
I had same problem before and rebooting solved it for me. Try the following hopefully it will work otherwise you are F@$ked.
In Window XP, go to start, All Program, Accessories and then window explorer. See if you can open your drive this way. It may sound silly, but last week a colleague had this problem and we opened the files this way. Good luck.
If it did not work try, Start, All Program, Accessories, then c:\command prompt. You will be in DOS prompt. Then at C:\******> do the following and you need to know the drive name e.g D, E, or J.
If your drive is E then type the following.
C:\******> dir E:
then hit the ENTR and see if it list all the files on your USB key. If this works, then maybe you will be able to retrieve the data.
i don have access to xp at the moment i try that tomarow mate thanks