Vafayee at world snooker

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
He's got the measure of Selby who is one of the toughest competitors on the tour. He beat him at the same stage last year. I was really impressed by his temperament, choice of shot and execution as well. He was patient and knew when to attack and how to play safe. He has really improved since a couple of years ago. I hope he wins a major tournament soon.

Nov 29, 2002
Vafaei vs Lisowski live on BBC 2 right now - just started.

Hossein wearing black armband and is in a sombre mood as he has been for the last 8 weeks

Nov 29, 2002
I never know what it is - does Vafaei just play worse against Lisowski or does lisowski play better again Vafaei?

So far Hossein completely second best

Nov 29, 2002
afaei beats Ding with what the commentators are saying is the best single session from any snooker player they have seen for a long long time

He was phenomenal, so many of the shots were magical, gets a standing ovation from the crowd and the likes of steve davis

He plays Ronnie o'sullivan in the next round. i still don't get why he picked a fight with Ronnie but the next match is going to be amazing

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
Hossein is only in frame 2 (out of 25 potentially) but he has lost the match mentally already. I would be absolutely amazed if he comes back from this

He smashes the reds from the break in the second frame, something i have never seen before at this stage in a match. He is far too emotional and it was obvious in the post match comments after the Ding game that his emotions are too much in control

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
What a shame, ruining his reputation with silly and childish gestures. 🙄

Ronnie did this in their last match and he retaliated the same way.

Stupid to follow him down the drain.

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
He's a good player but he needs a mental coach. He's involved himself in side issues instead of focusing entirely on the match, which is already difficult against the best player in history.

What he said before the match and what he did in the second frame shows immaturity. Shame.