Valentin Granatkin Memorial in Russia - Iran Under 19 Defeats Belarus 3-0

OldFan

Bench Warmer
Feb 4, 2005
16 Youth National Football teams with players born on 1 January 1996 and later shall participate in the XXVI International youth football tournament in memory of the first vice-president of FIFA Valentin Granatkin.
[h=3]Tournament format[/h] The tournament is played in two stages.
At the preliminary stage the 16 participating teams are divided into 4 groups of four teams each where they shall play one round against each of the competitors.

BELARUS – I. R. IRAN 0:3 (0:1)
January 3rd, 2014, Saint-Petersburg, Peterburgsky SCC, 200 spectators
Referees: Artyom Chistyakov, Aleksandr Rodionov, Andrei Kuzhelev
Belarus: Shcharbitski (g), Paulavets (c), Kastsiushkin, Valynets, Tarakanau (Vasilyeu, 63), Shauchenka (Chmyrykau, 77), Klimovich (Kastsiuchyk, 74), Yarotski (Sarokin, 53), Lukashyk (Kukharchyk, 61), Nosko (Baiduk, 70), Shybun
Head coach: Viktar Barel
I. R. Iran: Niazmand (g), Joudaki (c), Salimi, Hosseini, Sarlak, Bazaj (Moharrami, 75), Seyyedi Haghnazari (Soleimani, 78), Najarian (Seyyedi, 75), Hashemi (Sohrabian, 80), Aghaei (Moghtadaei, 87), Ezzati (Baghdadi, 58)
Head coach: Ali Dousti Mehr
Goals: Aghaei (9), Baghdadi (56), Najarian (67)
Best players: Mikita Valynets, Siavash Haghnazari

Iran is in Group A with Belarus- Finland and Slovakia
m01_04.jpg m01_07.jpg m01_32.jpg m01_17.jpg m01_19.jpg m01_20.jpg m01_21.jpg

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Whats interesting about this camp is that they are seemingly trying out a handful of new players/prospects. One of them being that Baghdadi kid (who scored our 2nd goal) he plays in Sweden. I think the IFF is doing what Turkey did a couple of years ago, creating camps for the youth teams where they can try out the Iranians based overseas. Even Dostimehr announced after he took over the u19 team that he will be open to view resumes of youth players based outside of Iran. Seems like Baghdadi might be the first player getting looked at.

I was also reading that the IFF is working to invite another further 2 Iranian youngsters who play their trade in England who sent in their resumes, apparently IFF and Dostimehr have received more then 50 resumes to look at since announcing they are open to inviting youth players outside of Iran. One of the players could be youngster Amiri who plays his trade in the Leeds academy.

Baghdadi is the nr18 seen celebrating his debut goal, he scored only a few moments after being subbed into the game.

Also great to see the Iran U17 captain here again, the CB, i think it was Hosseini. He's one fantastic defender, i truly enjoyed watching him play in the U17 World Cup.

Watch the goals here
[video]http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=8488[/video]

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Also great to see the Iran U17 captain here again, the CB, i think it was Hosseini. He's one fantastic defender, i truly enjoyed watching him play in the U17 World Cup.

Watch the goals here
[video]http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=8488[/video]
I was about to write the same. IMO, this kid is definitely on his way to international excellence. He is way too composed for his age and this is evident by finding his place in U19 while he is only 17, keeping in mind that central defense is usually for the most experienced players. What club is he currently playing for?

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
I was about to write the same. IMO, this kid is definitely on his way to international excellence. He is way too composed for his age and this is evident by finding his place in U19 while he is only 17, keeping in mind that central defense is usually for the most experienced players. What club is he currently playing for?
Yes, i was very impressed by him! Hopefully he can become a player capable of moving to Europe and be a successful Iranian defender in Europe like Rahman Rezaei was.
His composure and calmness at such a young age is already a sign that if he is developed properly he can become a great player, i remember during the u17 World Cup the commentators from Eurosport continuously praised him.

He is a product of Saipa, and was playing there until recently, but in the new list he is listed under Aboomoslem, so he must have transferred to them this window.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Iran 5 Finland 0

Goals

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=8517

سرمربی تیم ملی جوانان در کنفرانس مطبوعاتی پس از بازی مقابل فنلاند

دوستی مهر: بازی به بازی بهتر می شویم

علی دوستی مهر، سرمربی تیم ملی جوانان ایران پس از بازی مقابل فنلاند که با نتیجه 5 بر صفر به سود ایران به پایان رسید، در کنفرانس مطبوعاتی حاضر شد و پاسخگوی سوالات خبرنگاران شد

به گزارش سایت رسمی فدراسیون فوتبال، دوستی مهر ابتدا درباره بازی گفت: این پیروزی را به بازیکنان تیم ملی جوانان تبریک می گویم چرا که سه امتیاز حساسی بدست آوردیم و حالا یک قدم تا رسیدن به مرحله نیمه نهایی داریم که بازی مقابل تیم قدرتمند اسلوواکی است. فنلاند نام بزرگی است اما بازیکنان ما با تجربه تر بودند و عمل کردند و با توجه به اینکه آمده ایم تا در روسیه و در جام جهانی کوچک ظرفیت بالایمان را نشان دهیم، بازی را بردیم. نکاتی که اشاره کردم دلایل اصلی برد ایران مقابل فنلاند است

سرمربی ایران در پاسخ به سوال خبرنگاری درباره اینکه در سه روز دو بازی انجام دادن چطور است و آیا روی تیم شما فشار می آورد یا نه گفت: مطمئنا فشار که می آورد و شرایط را سخت می کند و حتی ممکن است باعث مصدومیت های بازیکنان شود اما ما به بازیهای بین المللی برای افزایش تجربه احتیاج داریم. فکر می کنم در جام جهانی هم همینطور است و تیم ها در مدت زمان کمی بازی می کنند. به همین دلیل این تقویم برای ما درست مثل تمرین کردن شرایط جام جهانی است و این نه فقط برای بازیکنان است بلکه برای همه اعضای کادرفنی و سرپرستی تیم ملی جوانان است. ما یاد می گیریم که چطور در یک روز ریکاوری کنیم

سوال آخر از دوستی مهر این بود که ایران در دو بازی دو برد به دست آورد، پس ایران برای به دست آوردن عنوان به جام جهانی کوچک آمده است. می خواهید در این رقابتها به چه عنوانی برسید؟
دوستی مهر پاسخ داد: از اینکه ما را مدعی می دانید از شما تشکر می کنم، اما هنوز راه زیادی تا فینال بازیها باقی مانده است و قضاوت در این باره کمی زود است که کدام تیمها به فینال راه پیدا می کنند. با توجه به پیروزی هایی که بدست آورده ایم، استنباط من این است که بازی به بازی بهتر می شویم و این نکته ای بود که روز اول حضور تیم در روسیه به آن اشاره کردم
ما برای رسیدن به جمع 4 تیم برتر مسابقات، یک مسابقه مقابل تیم اسلوواکی داریم

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Iran vs Slovakia is scheduled for today.
Tuesday 7 January 2014
KO : 14:15pm Saint Petersburg , Russia time - 13:45pm Iran time

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
We lost to Slovakia 2-1 and missed out on the semi finals! We'll be ranked 5th to 8th - next game on Friday against the runner up in Group B, most likely Slovenia. This is as far as we're going to go with Doustimehr - as if that wasn't pretty obvious after the U-17 world cup! ;)

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Iran beat Greece 3-2 to finish 5th in the tournament. Overall, I think it was a good showing with a single one goal margin loss to Slovakia. The boys obviously need to learn not to choke in those important games.

Slovakia is currently playing Turkey for 3rd place and Japan and Russia will face off later today in the final...