Video: George Soros bets on IR collapse within a year

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
he is usually spot on, in his trading bets, not sure if he is so on politics!

Here is George Soros' recent interview wt Fareed Zakaria:

[video=youtube;TF6O8ruZmYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF6O8ruZmYY[/video]

Feb 17, 2009
the sooner IR gets overthrown the better for our country,culture, people.

but who would have thought that IR would survive 2 years after massive protests in Tehran.
IR will remain for another 5-10 years

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
I"ll give IRI 5-10 years also, However if Syria FALLS that will be a BIG Boost.

It took 20 years after revolution for the first real protest which lasted days to maximum 2 weeks. The protesters were mainly Students.

[video=youtube;o1PNTuwaJH4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1PNTuwaJH4[/video]

Next big protest was 2009 ( 10 years later) this time it was mainly the Entire Tehran, and a few big cities (unfortunately not as heavily as it should had been); this time the protest took about 8 month.

[video=youtube;9_hr7G4At84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_hr7G4At84[/video]

Next protest will be the entire Iran, and people will not go home empty handed this time. Iranians are waiting for the RIGHT moment. With the growing number of Iranians in the whole country who have access to Internet and cell phone this time, they will be more organized and with their previous experience they will be much more effective. It is not a question of "IF" but "WHEN" it will happen.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
[video=youtube;ZUNzINzZnjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUNzINzZnjc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

democracy? human rights?
Are you kidding me? The excuse is too pale now. Come forward and say the truth.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
No regime can last 15 years in survival mode. Mighty USSR lasted 9 years, IRR (a true police state btw) has been on life support ever since June 2009, situation is so grim they are even talking about abolishing the post of presidency, on the paper 50% of Islamic Republic That is extreme survival.

I was in Iran not too long ago and I must say from what I saw, Iranian people are just not ready. They all talk and say all kinds of stuff about the regime but again no one wants to go all the way, it seems like they could careless what happens to their own country. I also found them confused on many issues ! it was very sad and depressing for me to see that. All those so called "roshan fekr" were the worst to talk to !!!! :( .... they all were talking and acting like they know it all !!! I say, its gona take a long time, and I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
Southern California
There will be no war.They will be forced to give in to people and to compromise.This regime will not fight when they are out of money. Remember the Iraq war and The bowl of poison somebody drank?The same person who wanted to go to jerusalam through Karbala? The same person who said saddam must go!

Remember, IRI supporters are not supporting IR now so that they can go to heaven like in the old days.They are doing it for financial reasons and interests. They are doing it because they get paid off. Once that is gone they are bye bye.

Oct 18, 2002
Southern California
If you want a child you have to suffer through child birth.
If you think it hurts then forget about having a child.
If people are not willing to go out like syrian people and stand up for change, then maybe IR is not that bad, and we should all stop whining and complaining about them.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
This interview is from last Feb i think?.. if he is right the regime will be gone in 3 months ;)

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
If you want a child you have to suffer through child birth.
If you think it hurts then forget about having a child..
it is ok to go through the pain of child birth but what you are saying is more like asking for being raped (by a foreign power). Then inmy book it is not OK.

If people are not willing to go out like syrian people and stand up for change, then maybe IR is not that bad, and we should all stop whining and complaining about them.
Well, of course IRI is not as bad as Asad's, Saudis, Bahrain sheikh...etc. They have been as bad 30 yrs ago but they went through an evolution. Right now in the region only Turkey has a better system. Too bad IRI's evolution has no chance to continue because of its ideologic limitations.
Overall I agree with you that IRI should go because Iranians deserve better than a corrupt and ideologically tied up regime. But lets start from you, if you are in Iran why don't you do something? And if you are not in Iran, then what makes you qualified to ask people to lose their lives for you or your cause or their own cause? Let them calculate the risk/benefit on their own.

I am not trying to pick on you but convince me why I should go back to Iran and take a risk while you are not there or you are there just watching.

Oct 18, 2002
Southern California
it is ok to go through the pain of child birth but what you are saying is more like asking for being raped (by a foreign power). Then inmy book it is not OK.

Well, of course IRI is not as bad as Asad's, Saudis, Bahrain sheikh...etc. They have been as bad 30 yrs ago but they went through an evolution. Right now in the region only Turkey has a better system. Too bad IRI's evolution has no chance to continue because of its ideologic limitations.
Overall I agree with you that IRI should go because Iranians deserve better than a corrupt and ideologically tied up regime. But lets start from you, if you are in Iran why don't you do something? And if you are not in Iran, then what makes you qualified to ask people to lose their lives for you or your cause or their own cause? Let them calculate the risk/benefit on their own.

I am not trying to pick on you but convince me why I should go back to Iran and take a risk while you are not there or you are there just watching.
Where in my post did I indicate being raped? Where in my post did I ask for foreign invasion?
What I call getting raped is IRI selling our oil and using the money to supress our people.

I also have a big issue with you saying IRI is not as bad as Syria or Saudi Arabia. People in those countries don't have political freedom but atleast they have social freedom. In IRAN we lack both, so I am not sure if we can really have a useful discussion if to you IRI is better than any other government.

As far as me going there and doing this myself, I knew someone was going to post it (easy way to nail somebody if you can't argue with them), but I am not trying to have a child. I will support the child though. I will pay for the hospital bill and his/her college education. I am sorry if after living outside the country for 30 years and being involved in business I don't feel like going back home and participate in labor strikes or street demonstration. I think instead of asking me you should ask factory workers who have not been paid for months and people whose leaders are in jail why they don't say anything. If we are all scared then we should stop whining and complaining. Back to may last point again.Ha?

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
No, lets go back to my point again! Let the people who are going to have their lives at stake do the risk/benefit calculations. All we should do here is to support their decision, and for now it is that they decided semi-alive is better than totally dead. Their experience watching their neighbors in Iraq and Afghanistan and what they went through is also discouraging them to agree with a foreign army invading their country.

footballlover

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Southern California
No, lets go back to my point again! Let the people who are going to have their lives at stake do the risk/benefit calculations. All we should do here is to support their decision, and for now it is that they decided semi-alive is better than totally dead. Their experience watching their neighbors in Iraq and Afghanistan and what they went through is also discouraging them to agree with a foreign army invading their country.
I am sorry.Did you read my note!?
I said no invasion and I will support financially when and if possible (not just lip service support)!
Please read my post completely before responding to it, so that we won't waste time and Giga bites.