Vli Ahd ham HezbOlaaghi shodeh?

Oct 20, 2003
Nevertheless, good to know that you speak for EVERYBODY here!! "WE ARE NOT BLIND".

Oldman,do you know of any blind person who reads these posts?
Last time you checked on Monarchy in Europe?!! Please enlighten us with HOW you did this?

I will try. Democracy means government by the people for the people, therefore, a King or Queen, who is unelected, does not have a place in the government. I think it is obvious that elected prime ministers are head of the governments in those democratic monarchies. King and Queens roles are purely ceremonial govern the European monarchies, i.e. they do not do a thing as far as running a country is concern.

have done my share of providing information about the system and you keep saying Leili Mard Bood.

I do not know what you are talking about.
Dr. Mosadeq and Pahlavis are well described by Mirfetros whom you don't know.

Aziz, I have read enough materials about Mossadegh to form an opinion, not just one book. We are not talking about ancient history or rocket science here, are we? During the Pahlavi regime nobody could talk about Mossadegh, but there are tons of material available now.

The relationships between Mosadeq & Pahlavi & the nation are not as simple for one to PASS JUDGMENT one way or the other.

Who said it was simple? What I object to is rewriting of recent history by Saltanat talaban.

Dr. Mosadeq whom I have great admiration for had mistakes too. His cabinet was changed 84 times over 2.5 years. He too had mistakes but overall, I agree with Mirfetros' assessment of these gentlemen to have served Iran best that they could with WHAT they had in hands.

Again, nobody suggested Dr. Mossadegh was flawless and did not make any mistake. One has to look at the totality of his services for our country. What we have lacked in our recent history is people such as Mossadegh who selflessly risked their neck for the good of the country.

Oldman

Bench Warmer
Jan 6, 2005
Ba dorood:

I don't know of any blind on this board. I do believe that there are software that help a blind to be able to use computer as well as those who have sights. DO YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE NONE HERE, even as a guest?

I agree with your BASIC definition of Democracy. People elect, right.

Do you not consider Majlis as people's representatives? If so then if you read more on Mashrooteh Paadeshaahi then you would also know that TAJ PAADESHAAHI AZ TARAF MAJLIS BEH PAADESHAAH DAADEH MEESHAVAD.

I know that you knew it but then again when you say that I have not provided information for my case then at least you have one above!!!

Also, those who have written about recent history are not SALTANAT TALAB!!!

MAA SHART BELAAGHAT KARDEEM!

Oct 20, 2003
Oldman said:
Ba dorood:
Do you not consider Majlis as people's representatives? If so then if you read more on Mashrooteh Paadeshaahi then you would also know that TAJ PAADESHAAHI AZ TARAF MAJLIS BEH PAADESHAAH DAADEH MEESHAVAD.
I thought Saltanat was hereditary. I heard Reza Pahlavi last night on Channel One (in an interview with Homayoon) saying “Man Taj va Takhat Padehshahi ra be Ares bordam”.

So which one is it? Is Saltanat hereditary, or is it an appointment by the Majles?

Vaklay e Majles are the representatives of people, but Majles’ job is to legislate (ghoveh moghnaneh) not to appoint a King or president for that matter (ghoveh ajraeeh). With the system you described, the executive branch and legislative branches will be mixed. It is like the U.S. congress appoint a president. It just does not make sense.

Oldman

Bench Warmer
Jan 6, 2005
Ba dorood:

According to the constitution, he is eligible however the last say is by Majlis.

He has accepted his responsibility by being the one who could ask for it according to the laws but that is not FINAL.

It is not an appointment either as the wording in LAW states that PEOPLE trust TAJ O Takht to Paadeshaah.

Na Jaanam, it is also Majlis' responsibility to TAFEEZ this to Paadeshaah.

Majlis is the highest power under Mashrotiat. Afterall, Dr. Mosadeq used Majlis to its fullest while he could to bring about TRUE Mashrootiat.

I don't need to tell you about his activity in that regard or about famous KOMITEH HASHT NAFAREH (and its associated issues).

Again, the highest power under Mashrooteh Paadeshaahi resides in Majlis.

Old-Faraz

Bench Warmer
Mar 19, 2004
Oldman said:
Ba dorood:

According to the constitution, he is eligible however the last say is by Majlis.
QUOTE]

Ahemm....Exactly which constitution are you referring to? The one from before the revolution? The IRI constitution or another one yet to be written by the “new improved” monarchists?

And (sorry to ask this again) what gives him eligibility and why am I not eligible? Exactly what percentage royal blood do I need? I am told (like most other Iranians) I have a bit of royal blood. Can we have it measured and see if it is enough for me to also be eligible? How about my older sister, is she eligible? She was the first born you see.

Are you we going to have a slate of candidates for Kingship and have an election? You know a couple of Pahlavis, one or two Qajars, and perhaps me? Or is it only a (saddam-like) referendum on having RP as the King? And if it is going to be an election, why call it the King rather than the president?

By the way, if a person’s father is a good king, does that mean his son will be a good one too? Is there a Kingship gene there on the DNA? Is it only on the Y-chromosome or is it on the X-chromosome too?

If all of these sound ridiculous; they are. So is thinking that a person is eligible to be the King of a country (which is no longer a kingdom), because his grandfather conspired with foreigners and ILLEGALLY stole the throne for a few years.

Zir Taaghi

Bench Warmer
May 22, 2004
T.O Canada
www.iiaf.net
Old-Faraz said:
If all of these sound ridiculous; they are. So is thinking that a person is eligible to be the King of a country (which is no longer a kingdom), because his grandfather conspired with foreigners and ILLEGALLY stole the throne for a few years.
good he did that, Qajars were a catasrophe

and your DNA has proven as unfit and lousy king material by your predecessors :D