Volleyball : TM Iran in FIVB MEN'S WORLD GRAND CHAMPIONS CUP. Nov 19-24

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Iran wins the 5th set and the match by 3-2. :)

What a fantastic rally in the 5th set , and what a great comeback by Iran in the 4th set to take it to 5th set.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Zarrini turned into an unstoppable beast since he came on. his experience really helped Iran in 4th set & 5th set. well done and take a bow son. :)

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
I did not think farhad ghaemi was at his best.... During the Italy game his serves were out of this world... I did not see any ace from him today....

Man.....zarini killed it for Iran....

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Iran 3 USA 2

I should get some credit for this win. at some point in 4th set i turned to my Red Buddha and said a little prayer. :)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I did not think farhad ghaemi was at his best.... During the Italy game his serves were out of this world... I did not see any ace from him today....

Man.....zarini killed it for Iran....
And he had suffered a knock in the game against Russia. i didn't think he would come in but Velasco took a risk and it paid off big time.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Mashdi jan... Can you please provide a summary as to where we will stand overall assuming we will beat japan tomorrow.

Chak,
Well , here is the current standing:

1-Brazil 9 points - 3 games
2-Russia 6 points - 3 games
3-USA 6 points - 4 games
4- Italy 5 points - 3 games
5- Iran 4 points - 4 games
6- Japan 0 points - 3 games

Russia vs Brazil & Italy vs Japan later today.

Brazil vs Italy , USA vs Russia & Iran vs Japan tomorrow.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I think we can catch USA with a 3 point win over Japan as USA has a tough match against Russia.

We need help from Japan against Italy so that we can catch Italy as Italy's last match is a tough one against Brazil.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Iran 3 USA 2

Hamzeh Zarrini wins the best player of the game award.

Mousavi's injury in the 1st set was a big blow to Iran.

Farhad Zarif

Julio Velasco

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
what a match between Brazil & Russia.

Brazil won the first 2 sets. but Russia won the 3rd set and is on the verge of winning the 4th set as well.