Was Pooladi in on the refs plans or was he bought??

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
The whole thing seems very suspicious. The way Pooladi fell over after the Iraqi gk lightly touched him was as if Pooladi was really injured makes me very distrustful of Pooladis actions.. I dont know maybe he was bought by the arabs for this match... I would also stop inviting Pooladi to tm from now because his actions are very sneaky and suspicious and I don't trust him personally. As many of you saw the way he was brought down and the way he acted was really bad for us... What do you think?

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I don't think there anything suspect but him acting like a retard and costing his team a place in the semi-finals. Granted he shouldn't of even received the first yellow card but this is Asian referees we are talking about so why even put yourself in that position and risk a second yellow by faking a flop? if you remember in 2004 against China Satarare Zareh barely pushed the Chinese playerwho faked a flop and as a result Zareh was red carded for barely "pushing" the Chinese player , both times we got red carded for almost the same thing in almost the same kind of situation.

It's ironic that Pouladi who had sarbazi issues and almost didn't make it because of those issues is the same person who had a big role in Iran's lost against Iraq.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The Matrix jan, come on man....

As I said in the other threads, even if what you say about Pooladi was true (which I don't believe it is but...) that incident would still not be the reason why we lost! The reason we lost was recieving 3 goals! Recieving 3 goals had nothing to do with playing with 10 men, hence it had nothing to do with Pooladi or the referee. We just sucked defensively in this game!

backechap

Nov 22, 2002

As I said in the other threads, even if what you say about Pooladi was true (which I don't believe it is but...) that incident would still not be the reason why we lost! The reason we lost was recieving 3 goals! Recieving 3 goals had nothing to do with playing with 10 men, hence it had nothing to do with Pooladi or the referee. We just sucked defensively in this game!
Incorrect. The reason we lost is we tied in overtime and then the game went to penalty kicks, where we missed 2 penalty kicks and Iraq missed one.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD

He is a big reason why we lost , when was the last time Iran's defense allowed 3 goals to a Asian team under CQ? obviously the red card missed up with our game plan and was a big cause of us getting scored on 3 times.

Nov 24, 2002
He is a big reason why we lost , when was the last time Iran's defense allowed 3 goals to a Asian team under CQ? obviously the red card missed up with our game plan and was a big cause of us getting scored on 3 times.
This is indeed a reason but i didn't like how we panicked after red card. Iran went down to 10 men against Korea in Tehran but their defensive game was way much better. Againt Iraq our defense panicked because Pouladi was big part of it . CQ should probably add Sadeghi in defense and let Hajsafi play in his position. Hajsafi wasn't good as left back !

Dec 30, 2014
The whole thing seems very suspicious. The way Pooladi fell over after the Iraqi gk lightly touched him was as if Pooladi was really injured makes me very distrustful of Pooladis actions.. I dont know maybe he was bought by the arabs for this match... I would also stop inviting Pooladi to tm from now because his actions are very sneaky and suspicious and I don't trust him personally. As many of you saw the way he was brought down and the way he acted was really bad for us... What do you think?
I am sorry, but this is ridiculous............You can blame him for getting the red card (I don't), you can blame Iran not dealing with the ejection, but accusing him of bribery is just ridiculous. .................

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Exactly! After the red card, we didn't have any backup plan! Or maybe we did but the players didn't implement it well enough (at least not defensively)! We were good enough to score 3 goals when ever we really wanted to but our defense got completely shattered...and we lost! I rest my case! :rolleyes:

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Exactly! After the red card, we didn't have any backup plan! Or maybe we did but the players didn't implement it well enough (at least not defensively)! We were good enough to score 3 goals when ever we really wanted to but our defense got completely shattered...and we lost! I rest my case! :rolleyes:
Sly Jan, What was your case that you are resting it here?

Mar 29, 2005
People, please give it break. It is over . They lost ,they tried to turn the result around . It did not work. Let's focus on future. stop these nonsense. If our players were more professional ,the results were different . But I am happy that Iraq's Ben William lost to South Korea , and I hope South Korea defeat Australian . so Ben will Williams can sleep better at night .
Cheers and good luck to everybody.