Watch Mancherster united and Roma

Aug 6, 2005
Mass, USA
Can u believe this? I can not believe Roma is losing like this. Is it because MU got all pissed off because italian Police beat their fans.. Now this is what
i call english ghirats... I am speechless !

gooshkoob

Bench Warmer
Nov 12, 2004
Hell
Aghaaaaaaaaaye Shahed, va baghie :D Che tor shod ke Romatoon be fanaa raft? looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL!
Roma AN baaresh nistaa! ANnn! LOL!

Kaesra

Bench Warmer
May 29, 2006
Holland
Bad day for Roma nothing more , they got far enough in the CL nothing to be embarresed about and the 7 goals it's just ' score bord journilastiek ' after the words of CO adriaanse.

Aug 6, 2005
Mass, USA
well, 7-1 is amazing for soccer. It happens when div1 teams plays div 4 teams (if lucky)... I looked at the goals and for most of the goals, the roma goalie was
standing in the wrong position (too far out from the net)... I am not sure but
i think Roma wanted to lose this one :10: .... how a team which wins first leg
2-1, loses 2nd game 7-1. it is unheard off. Is the diff between roma and Manchester united same as the diff between iran and laos? :)

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
As I said a couple of weeks ago, Roma is the weakest of the 8 teams left and were lucky to get this far, and my point was well proved yesterday. I would have loved to see Man U get knocked out since I don't like them, but it would be a disgrace for a team like Roma to make it to the semis of CL. This really shows the level of football in Serie A. Where are the Serie A and La Liga supporters who said the EPL was overrated?! They are probably hiding somewhere for the next few weeks. LOL!

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
As I said a couple of weeks ago, Roma is the weakest of the 8 teams left and were lucky to get this far, and my point was well proved yesterday. I would have loved to see Man U get knocked out since I don't like them, but it would be a disgrace for a team like Roma to make it to the semis of CL. This really shows the level of football in Serie A. Where are the Serie A and La Liga supporters who said the EPL was overrated?! They are probably hiding somewhere for the next few weeks. LOL!
LOOOL! Typical hypocrite.

two weeks ago you said that Roma plays ugly defensive football because they counterattack. Now that ManU scored 3 goals from counterattacks they played beautiful football.

Dude...you should have never moved to the US. it ruined every sense you had of football. ;)

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
LOOOL! Typical hypocrite.

two weeks ago you said that Roma plays ugly defensive football because they counterattack. Now that ManU scored 3 goals from counterattacks they played beautiful football.

Dude...you should have never moved to the US. it ruined every sense you had of football. ;)
You are talking out of your ass as usual. When I did I say ManU played beautiful football? I said Roma was shit and they proved me right!! I also said EPL was the best league in Europe and that seems pretty obvious looking at the CL semis.

And don't worry about my sense of football, you have decades of watching and playing before you get close to my level of football understanding, now go back to googling about football some more, and leave this discussion to grownups!!

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
You are talking out of your ass as usual. When I did I say ManU played beautiful football? I said Roma was shit and they proved me right!! I also said EPL was the best league in Europe and that seems pretty obvious looking at the CL semis.
They were good enough to get past Lyon, the team you and a couple of people tipped as possible CL winners. ;)

Yes...3 English teams relying mainly on counterattacks and defense are in the semifinals. Guess that's a reason for you to be happy.

And don't worry about my sense of football, you have decades of watching and playing before you get close to my level of football understanding, now go back to googling about football some more, and leave this discussion to grownups!!
You consider 4-4-2 as an offensive formation and 4-5-1 as defensive...what can I say?

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Yes...3 English teams relying mainly on counterattacks and defense are in the semifinals.
Oh come on now. And Italian teams don't play defensive? They have mastered the art of defense. Are you telling me that Italian teams play all out attack?

United played defensive football last night and still scored 7!!!??? Chelsea and Arsenal play defensive and counter attack football? Did you watch Chelsea last night? They had Valencia under so much pressure for such long spells. Last season Arsenal played some of the most attractive football in Europe.

I mean with that statement you have made me praise Chelsea and Arsenal. I will never forgive you for it mate ;)

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Oh come on now. And Italian teams don't play defensive? They have mastered the art of defense. Are you telling me that Italian teams play all out attack?
I have no problems with a team playing defensive..

United played defensive football last night and still scored 7!!!??? Chelsea and Arsenal play defensive and counter attack football? Did you watch Chelsea last night? They had Valencia under so much pressure for such long spells. Last season Arsenal played some of the most attractive football in Europe.
Well, we agree that you scored your first 3 goals from counterattacks I guess. Roma had the first three shots on goal from what I remember.
After that Roma was in shambles and you controlled them. Still, this United team has its main strength in defense.
Valencia is an ultra defensive team and Chelsea needed to grab a win. Obviously, you try to attack there. ;) But Chelsea are considered by some as boring too.
Arsenal are a different story...I don't see them in the semifinals though, do you?

I mean with that statement you have made me praise Chelsea and Arsenal. I will never forgive you for it mate ;)
Again, I have no problem with defensive football. I think that in certain circumstances and given the team you build it's your right.
There are other people however who believe playing offensive football and doing mambo jambo stuff is a divine commandment.
I don't diss Italian football and call them boring and defensive.
but it's funny to see people who usually do that in praise of the 3 English teams in semifinals, where 2 of them are not really the most offensive teams outthere and the 3rd one last night scored 3 times from 3 counterattacks. ;)

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Westi,

Roma had 3 shots but they were not even on target. But anyway, so what? What does shooting from 30 yards got to do with anything. That was Roma last night. Their game plan consisted of getting the ball to Totti or someone to shoot from far as if Van der Sar is a statue that doesn't move! It sounds like you are praising them for that, be careful ;) If Roma were any good they would have carved up the United defense in order to create chances, like United did to them. Most of the United goals last night came from the ability to turn defence into attack in a few quick passes. It's beautiful to watch and an art form. For someone who supports Barcelona you should be used to watching that at its best.
Anyway, is the only type of goal accepted by you the ones that come as result of sustained pressure?
United didn't play defensive football last night. They didn't need to because Roma didn't have any bite up front. They hardly had any clear cut chances. Attempts on goal from 30 yards are hardly what you'd call attacking football. Lat night's game was far far from the classic counterattacking football.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Most of the United goals last night came from the ability to turn defence into attack in a few quick passes. It's beautiful to watch and an art form.
That's what you called counterattacking football. Again, I don't have a problem with that. Other people have it.

For someone who supports Barcelona you should be used to watching that at its best.
well, we generally have around 65% ball possesion, so we are permanently in attack. But most goals scored against us come against teams being quick in transition, like Valencia, Chelsea 2 years ago etc. So yes...you are right, most of our defeats come from that.

Anyway, is the only type of goal accepted by you the ones that come as result of sustained pressure?
????????????????????????????????????????

Where did I claim that?

United didn't play defensive football last night. They didn't need to because Roma didn't have any bite up front. They hardly had any clear cut chances. Attempts on goal from 30 yards are hardly what you'd call attacking football. Lat night's game was far far from the classic counterattacking football.
Again, your first three goals involved 5 touches. I don't have anything against that, but if an Italian team had scored that way and won that way, people would have called them defensive and italian and anti-football. Roma scored two goals from counterattacks against Lyon and people were saying how defensive and italian they are, because of the way they scored.

Obviously, the italian team stops the scoring after 2 or 3 goals and takes a break. ManU however continued to attack and put pressure.

My point is not whether ManU played good or bad, my point is about hypocrisy.

Besides, Totti's first shot was about 3 inches from the post.....that's not THAT much.