We miss players like........in TM

HMS Iran

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2003
U.S.A
Going back to 96-2000 and watching players like, Shahroodi, Saadavi, Tahami, Minavand and Pasha zadeh............They were lion hearted.

Shahroodi, Great shooter, good pasr, rarly made mistakes
Sadaavi, Speeeeeeeeeeedy defender, We sorely miss speed in D-line
Tahami, Great sub, Full of energy, Please go back and see what he did in the 10 minutes that he was in the Iran-Australia game (2nd leg)
Minavand, Good midfeilder, hard worker
Pasha zadeh, ALWAYS in the right place at right time....commander of defense

These players had heart and energy, Now we have players like Aghili!!:9: who makes me shake when he is near the ball!

HMS Iran

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2003
U.S.A
Thanks for reply

And am glad that atleast you considered Tahami as good. He was never given a full oppurtunity, like Khaziravi

HMS Iran

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2003
U.S.A
Mokhlesim HMS jaan. Btw, how is Rah-Ahan doing these days?
:) You remember. We did great last season. We had a very good 2nd half, our offense was getting much better. We just missed the hafzi cup by losing to EsEs in semi final in penalty shoot out. I was confident that if we pass EsEs we would have beaten Pegah.

Overall i was very happy. Now next year we must have a good start....hopefully we will win a lot of games and will be in op 5 atleast

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Saadavi??? Are you kidding?? Even Kameli was better than him.

IMO, Minavand has always been overrated too. The guys couldn't even make a correct shot or cross if his life depended on it.

Pasha was great but I can't believe you call Aghili who is one of our best players in TM today, shaky! :rolleyes:

Jul 30, 2007
nyc
Saadavi??? Are you kidding?? Even Kameli was better than him.

IMO, Minavand has always been overrated too. The guys couldn't even make a correct shot or cross if his life depended on it.

Pasha was great but I can't believe you call Aghili who is one of our best players in TM today, shaky! :rolleyes:
I like your post, however have to disagree with some of your points.
saadavi wasn't our best defendre but come on man how could you say he was worse than kameli. The only thing kameli was good for was long throw ins.
minavand was a very good defensive midfielder for us. whenever he wasn't in the lineup it showed.
I'd like to add golmohammadi, khakpour, azizi to the list.
golmohammadi was great with the ball. He was able to make the transition from defense to midfield and start our attack for us. Aghili has the potential to start our attack but needs some work
hosseini is a great defender but can't start any attack, that's fine.. I'd rather have a solid defender than a shaky defender any day.
Why is aghili shaky? He is solid man. I really like him. him, hosseini and kaabi are a good trio. we just need to find a left back. I can't believe we're still stuck with zareh. although he has gotten better.
azizi for his play not his attitude.
bagheri for his shots and his fighting spirit
abedzadeh for his leadership and excellent reactions
I am pretty happy with rahmati now though.

can someeone explain how gholampour is our goalie coach? didn't he have a goals let in to saves ratio of like infinite?

Farzadoo

Bench Warmer
Oct 22, 2002
Washington DC
DUDE! SAADAVI?????? Was in my opinion a sorry excuse for a footballer, let alone a defender. He was not fast, was uncoordinated and his feet could not do a simple yeh pa do pa if his life depended on it. Just remember the laayee for the US goal in WC98. Pathetic.