We qualified Based on?

We qualified mainly based on....?

• Our players raw talent and great skill.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Branko's coaching

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

Kayvon

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2004
Washington, DC
I feel very strongly that we qualified only from our players raw talent and great skill and NOT branko's conservative coaching tactics. I feel that branko is holding us back..but I want to know what you think?

ps..Why must everyone play out of position so that Daei (our worst player BY FAR) can play 90 minutes and cant even run?

ps...Karimi's playing out of position is not his fault..Branko needs to be the one to get off the bench and tell him to push up

pasha

Ball Boy
Jun 23, 2004
Kayvon said:
I feel very strongly that we qualified only from our players raw talent and great skill and NOT branko's conservative coaching tactics. I feel that branko is holding us back..but I want to know what you think?

ps..Why must everyone play out of position so that Daei (our worst player BY FAR) can play 90 minutes and cant even run?

ps...Karimi's playing out of position is not his fault..Branko needs to be the one to get off the bench and tell him to push up
Agha Kayvon, it's true that Branko had us play conservatively, but I think he just wanted to make sure Iran made it to the World Cup, without the drama that the previous qualifiers had. I think Branko is a very good coach for us, and that he still has a lot of work to do before the WC, which he even stated himself. Trust me, by next year, our boys will be ferocious and display a very nice football. Just remember the game that we played against Germany a few months ago and how we were all over them. I highly beleive in this team and coaching staff, and I know they won't let us down. They haven't so far.

romario187

Bench Warmer
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles
Come on guys!!! What else do you expect from the guy!!

The same team that won the Asian Games didn't make it to the Olympics under Gohan! Sure, Branko's system isn't the most attractive and fun to watch, but there's more to coaching that what you and I as fans see!!

With all his faults, he still delivered us to the World Cup, stop hating on him, and admit that our team has matured under him!!! These same players would've been out in the first round if it wasn't for Branko's excellent subs!!!

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
it's a combination of both.
branko IS a good coach, but has his flaws.

our players ARE our greatest collection of stars we've ever had at a certain period, but they, too have their own shortcomings.

so I cant really choose any of the options, unless there's a 3rd, which is a combo of 1 & 2 .

arashinho

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Berkeleyish
that's right, combo of 1 & 2.

just think of how anti-climactic and boring this qualification process was compared to last 2. that is a GOOD thing, it means we were in control, played well, no drama and got the job done. the point of sports is to win even if it is ugly.