Web Users Treat Conspiracy Theories As Seriously

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
These days people read all sort of nonsense, believe it, and go around and spread it. It is easy to read and believe what you wanna believe but and connect the dots. What is missing however, "critically thinking". Unfortunately a lot of people can not think critically about issues. We see all sort of conspiracy theories popping up and people who have high claim on being educated believe them.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/web-users-treat-conspiracy-theories-seriously-news-say-scientists-1441418

[h=1]Web Users Treat Conspiracy Theories As Seriously As News', Say Scientists[/h]
"We find that the most susceptible users to interact with false information are those that are mostly exposed and interacting with unsubstantiated claims," the authors say.

The researchers say they now want to expand the study to assess how rumours, such as those surrounding missing Malaysian flight MH370 spread globally, influencing public opinion, and how groups filter information to conform to a religious or ideological agenda.
"I'm not saying that all of the rumours are false, but the problem is how people select content in order to form their own belief," Quatrociocchi said. "We want to understand how they interact with individuals affiliated with the opposite factions"

p.s. based on the source i think this whole thing is part of the conspiracy as well

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
These days people read all sort of nonsense, believe it, and go around and spread it. It is easy to read and believe what you wanna believe but and connect the dots. What is missing however, "critically thinking". Unfortunately a lot of people can not think critically about issues. We see all sort of conspiracy theories popping up and people who have high claim on being educated believe them.
instead of reading the article i prefer you elaborate more on the "People" you mentioned, who are they ?

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
As i said before mass, this conspiracy theory bullshit is part of the system to silence and discredit critics at a very cheap rate. This complex has made sure they own the interpretational souvereignty so they can discredit any and i mean ANY, even the most obvious and researched truth by just calling them "conspiracy theory". We are systematically kept dumb and unfortunately alot of people are not strong and willing enough to recognize it let alone doing something against it.

They have made sure people dont even think about questionening AP, CNN, FOX, Reuters...and all those mercenaries who work for these corporate media outlets. As if they couldnt have any economical or political agenda or interessts, as if they couldnt have huge financial interessts. They feed people with absolutely baseless, useless and very cheap lies, one liners..and if you pay attention those so called conspiracy theorists are then the poor guys, who go and search, research, analyse, gather up informations, interview people, provide facts...and still they lack that much needed interpretational souvereignty to be able to compete with that huge and well oiled global dumbness mashine that we are inevitably exposed to 24 hours a day.

There is one method that could help you protect yourself from this corporate media lies: Whenever they try to discredit something or someone as conspiracy theory, you better go and read carefully what the guy has to say because he most probably is telling you the truth that some big corporates or governments try to mute.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
True China - it is an old trick goes way back..... I always wondered what is with this whole UFO, Nastradamus,.......and similar types of BS which are constantly being fed to the public! Nobody believes a guy who died centuries ago can predict what happens years later.......Then I realized the public is being engineered to relate all theories to theories they are certain is BS. Same applies to the whole daei Jaan concept which ties all who question Brit impacts in Iran.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
When it comes to choosing between theories instead of proven facts, I often pick the one with most facts that fits in my logic frame. Funny enough I rarely find myself believing or picking the theories fed by the mass media. I guess I'm a conspiracy believer by today's standards. A proud one I would say.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
As i said before mass, this conspiracy theory bullshit is part of the system to silence and discredit critics at a very cheap rate. This complex has made sure they own the interpretational souvereignty so they can discredit any and i mean ANY, even the most obvious and researched truth by just calling them "conspiracy theory". We are systematically kept dumb and unfortunately alot of people are not strong and willing enough to recognize it let alone doing something against it.

They have made sure people dont even think about questionening AP, CNN, FOX, Reuters...and all those mercenaries who work for these corporate media outlets. As if they couldnt have any economical or political agenda or interessts, as if they couldnt have huge financial interessts. They feed people with absolutely baseless, useless and very cheap lies, one liners..and if you pay attention those so called conspiracy theorists are then the poor guys, who go and search, research, analyse, gather up informations, interview people, provide facts...and still they lack that much needed interpretational souvereignty to be able to compete with that huge and well oiled global dumbness mashine that we are inevitably exposed to 24 hours a day.

There is one method that could help you protect yourself from this corporate media lies: Whenever they try to discredit something or someone as conspiracy theory, you better go and read carefully what the guy has to say because he most probably is telling you the truth that some big corporates or governments try to mute.
Dont know where you live, but here in NZ at least most majority of people look at mass media very critically. Does that mean that they should believe in conspiracies? no. Many people here still do like to hear the opposite views and are very critical about corporate mass media.